Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


5 Reasons To Go Overseas - Winston's Audio Rant

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

5 Reasons To Go Overseas - Winston's Audio Rant

Postby Winston » Wed May 14, 2014 7:09 am

Hi all,
Yesterday while camping in the forest in Arizona, I recorded a 40 min audio lecture on my phone where I elaborated on 5 major reasons and benefits of going overseas - social, romantic, psychological, economic and health benefits. Being in the forest by a lake made me feel enough calm and clarity to finally record this.

I plan to make this into an official audio program that I can present to newbies, or give out as a CD. So this was just a practice run. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.happierabroad.com/podcasts/5_benefits_overseas.mp3
Last edited by Winston on Wed May 14, 2014 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby Mystery Writer » Wed May 14, 2014 1:32 pm

Dear Whiny the Poo,

Download a copy of the Declaration of Independence. Have someone read it to you. When it's time to change things, step up and do the work.

You may be right: Happier Abroad is the only place where people act as if it's a given that being abroad is better. Keep in mind, those who are knowledgeable and not broken say that the USA sucks, but everywhere else sucks more.

"To the crooked eye, Truth wears a wry face." As long as you refuse to accept responsibility for your own problems, running away will seem like the only logical choice.

You are a failure in America because you are damaged goods, not because there's something fundamentally wrong with America that doesn't exist in most of the foreign destinations you tout as 'better'. Add together a language barrier (the nuances, not the basics) with an appearance of 'wealth' and the American abroad is forgiven many faults, yours included.

Admittedly, the USA is no place for a sex addict to feed his addiction. Foreign lands are much better, since the addict can move from target to target freely, until he poisons the local 'ecology' and has to move on or goes to a place where sex addicts are welcome.

As for your assertion that 'health' is a good reason to relocate, aren't you here, in the USA, because your health was suffering overseas? What happened? Surely, it wasn't the bad food, right?

Here's a solution: quit whining, clean up your act and stop living with your parents. Just sayin'...
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Postby innovatorsclub » Wed May 14, 2014 4:48 pm

No DUMB DUMB Winston is speaking important truth here as you only live once..GOT IT..keep thinking in the box...see Winston this is E X A C T L Y why I said i didn't want too much free valuable info to get into the hands of heckelers ..and yes women in thailand are getting over 3,000 emails emails a month. I noticed a few months ago when someone pointed this out and further validated what I said you ignored it. It doesn't make sense to me to give too much valuable info to jerks who would not appreciate it and even try to shoot you down with their unearned and off the mark egos. The repatiate turd with the little mans complex who immediately showed his insecure jealous behavior towards my overseas success was a great example in addition to this latest heckler. I have a new and much better site now but I don't need validation from some of the clowns here

BIG difference between book smarts .... street smarts and theory and reality

BTW I noticed you said "They DESERVE to know"
i guess you have now embraced that word but not all deserve it ..which should be more obvious to you now
innovatorsclub
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 pm
Location: san francisco

Postby Winston » Wed May 14, 2014 6:47 pm

Mystery Writer,
Quit polluting my threads with your nonsense. I'm considering deleting your post. You did not make any valid points or arguments. All you did was spout the usual BS nonsense that New Age/Self-Help Gurus spout, which is to blame yourself for everything, which we all know is BS.

My comparisons were very accurate and true. I challenge you to tell me which points were wrong. I've experienced all that I described FIRSTHAND. Much of what I say is obvious too.

It is not true that a knowledgeable person would say that "The USA sucks but everywhere else is worse." Where do you get that shit? No seasoned traveler I know would say that. Only people who have never left America would say that. You are truly ignorant and your views are too.

Of course I'm damaged goods. You are right about that. We all are. Growing up in a toxic, dysfunctional, insane, inauthentic society will make you into damaged goods. What did expect? Duh. Did you expect that we would all turn out healthy and wholesome? lol

Do you think that I grew up in a healthy sane wholesome society and just suddenly one day decided to become "damaged goods" for no reason? lol. Man you are dumb.

"Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world." - R. D. Lang

Yes I did get health problems from the pollution in the Philippines. But I wasn't comparing that country. I was comparing the healthier food and lifestyle in Europe with that of the USA. So stop trying to use my own words against me. Statistics show that Americans are sicker and fatter than people of other developed nations. No one can deny that. See here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00631.html
http://www.redorbit.com/news/health/111 ... er-011013/

Either way, food is definitely LESS FATTENING, even in the Philippines, than in America. That is obvious.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed May 14, 2014 6:51 pm

innovatorsclub,
Yes this guy is a heckler and a troll. All forums have hecklers. But most guys here aren't like that. Most guys here appreciate the work I've done in spreading our message.

So don't generalize and assume that this heckler represents everyone. No way.

Read my testimonials and see how many people appreciate my message:

http://www.happierabroad.com/testimonials.php

So you see, our message has helped many people. It's led to people becoming happier abroad and led to some marriages as well. Don't forget that.

You gotta have faith. Put your message out there, and the universe will help with the rest and reward you for it in time. Trust in karma and the divine forces that are on our side. This movement is my calling, and it exists for a reason. We are here for a reason. Trust in that.

So what did you think of my audio lecture? Didn't I sound very passionate in it?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Mystery Writer » Wed May 14, 2014 10:44 pm

A few points:

• I'm not here to simply heckle you. Do a search of my posts; you'll find I help people who ask for it, when I can.
• You have a pleasant speaking voice. If you had made some notes beforehand, your presentation wouldn't have wandered into Chekhovian digressions.
• I've traveled to the Caribbean and South America. I was always glad to get home.

Clearly, what I said was not nonsense. It simply didn't agree with your POV. Remember, you tout this forum as a place for free speech: "Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship." That also includes disagreeing with you and your idea of what is politically correct: Hate America, blame it for your problems and run away to foreign lands.

You indicated that, "It is not true that a knowledgeable person would say that "The USA sucks but everywhere else is worse." Where do you get that shit? No seasoned traveler I know would say that." Like I said, all you hear is those that agree with you. Those who disagree, you can't hear. I have acquaintances who travel abroad, too. They do not agree with you. Again, your 'all or nothing' statements point out the weakness in your posture: "It's all black and white!" No, it isn't.

Be careful. You are sliding into bigotry. Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. That also can include those who simply don't agree with you. I find there are a few folks here who are valuable sources of information for what I want. Most are not. Most are 'your kind of people'.

I don't expect you to step back from the massive commitment you've made to your beliefs. I do expect you to accept the fact that others can disagree with you, shove the sillier beliefs you have back in your face and consider that they might actually be acting in your best interest. It might be that bitchslapping you is exactly what you need, to wake you from the pathological trance you indulge in yourself.
Mystery Writer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Postby johny_quest » Thu May 15, 2014 12:36 am

Mystery Writer wrote:A few points:

• I'm not here to simply heckle you. Do a search of my posts; you'll find I help people who ask for it, when I can.
• You have a pleasant speaking voice. If you had made some notes beforehand, your presentation wouldn't have wandered into Chekhovian digressions.
• I've traveled to the Caribbean and South America. I was always glad to get home.

Clearly, what I said was not nonsense. It simply didn't agree with your POV. Remember, you tout this forum as a place for free speech: "Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship." That also includes disagreeing with you and your idea of what is politically correct: Hate America, blame it for your problems and run away to foreign lands.

You indicated that, "It is not true that a knowledgeable person would say that "The USA sucks but everywhere else is worse." Where do you get that shit? No seasoned traveler I know would say that." Like I said, all you hear is those that agree with you. Those who disagree, you can't hear. I have acquaintances who travel abroad, too. They do not agree with you. Again, your 'all or nothing' statements point out the weakness in your posture: "It's all black and white!" No, it isn't.

Be careful. You are sliding into bigotry. Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. That also can include those who simply don't agree with you. I find there are a few folks here who are valuable sources of information for what I want. Most are not. Most are 'your kind of people'.

I don't expect you to step back from the massive commitment you've made to your beliefs. I do expect you to accept the fact that others can disagree with you, shove the sillier beliefs you have back in your face and consider that they might actually be acting in your best interest. It might be that bitchslapping you is exactly what you need, to wake you from the pathological trance you indulge in yourself.


Winston's standard response to anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with him is to say something to the effect of "OMG, you are SOOOOOO dumb!" Pretty childish. I think Winston expresses some very narrow-minded views, for example when he declares that America has gotten so much worse since the 1950's. I don't live in America but I think that while some things have gotten worse, other things have actually gotten better.

Even though I haven't been to America, I believe Winston's claims contain much truth but are probably exaggerated at the same time. For example in this latest audio clip, Winston claims that any guy who has traveled will tell you the USA is the hardest country in the world to get dates and meet women. Well Roosh has traveled extensively and he says in one of his Youtube videos that the USA is, alongside Finland, the easiest country in the world to get laid.

My biggest problem with Winston's views is that he carries on as though America is the only country in the world with the problems that he talks about, when in reality all first-world english-speaking countries have similar problems. Look at the birth rates of first-world countries in Europe, Oceania and Asia and you'll find that they have birth rates below replacement levels. What does that tell you? If people aren't breeding, something is wrong. I read a recent blog article on Return of Kings, titled '9 reasons Why Sydney Sucks For Men' in which the author discusses at great length why Sydney women are so awful to deal with. He expresses all the same sentiments as Winston (when he talks about American women). Read the comments on that blog and you'll find MOST people agreeing with the author, including guys who've lived in both Aus and the USA who say that Sydney women are even worse than American women.

Australia is just America with a different accent. Might as well be the 51st state of America. The women here are the same as American women. The culture is the same. The same anti-male vibe exists. BTW, English people are the most arrogant, annoying, snobbish people I have ever come across. Much worse than Americans in my experience. My point in saying all of this is, Winston would have a bit more credibility if he substituted the word "America" with "British colonialist countries" or "Anglo countries" because that would encompass Canada, the US, Oceania (Australia & NZ) and the United Kingdom, all of which have the problems that Winston talks about.

Here's that f***ing blog article I was talking about: http://www.returnofkings.com/22732/9-re ... ks-for-men
johny_quest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Postby zboy1 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Actually, the RooshV crowd now believe that the U.S. is becoming an increasingly difficult place to date and get laid-in.

The sentiment that the U.S. is an easy place to get laid was in the past, but that situation is becoming increasingly bleaker--along with America's decline, both morally, culturally, economically and politically...
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Postby aozora13 » Thu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm

johny_quest wrote:
Mystery Writer wrote:A few points:

• I'm not here to simply heckle you. Do a search of my posts; you'll find I help people who ask for it, when I can.
• You have a pleasant speaking voice. If you had made some notes beforehand, your presentation wouldn't have wandered into Chekhovian digressions.
• I've traveled to the Caribbean and South America. I was always glad to get home.

Clearly, what I said was not nonsense. It simply didn't agree with your POV. Remember, you tout this forum as a place for free speech: "Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship." That also includes disagreeing with you and your idea of what is politically correct: Hate America, blame it for your problems and run away to foreign lands.

You indicated that, "It is not true that a knowledgeable person would say that "The USA sucks but everywhere else is worse." Where do you get that shit? No seasoned traveler I know would say that." Like I said, all you hear is those that agree with you. Those who disagree, you can't hear. I have acquaintances who travel abroad, too. They do not agree with you. Again, your 'all or nothing' statements point out the weakness in your posture: "It's all black and white!" No, it isn't.

Be careful. You are sliding into bigotry. Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. That also can include those who simply don't agree with you. I find there are a few folks here who are valuable sources of information for what I want. Most are not. Most are 'your kind of people'.

I don't expect you to step back from the massive commitment you've made to your beliefs. I do expect you to accept the fact that others can disagree with you, shove the sillier beliefs you have back in your face and consider that they might actually be acting in your best interest. It might be that bitchslapping you is exactly what you need, to wake you from the pathological trance you indulge in yourself.


Winston's standard response to anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with him is to say something to the effect of "OMG, you are SOOOOOO dumb!" Pretty childish. I think Winston expresses some very narrow-minded views, for example when he declares that America has gotten so much worse since the 1950's. I don't live in America but I think that while some things have gotten worse, other things have actually gotten better.

Even though I haven't been to America, I believe Winston's claims contain much truth but are probably exaggerated at the same time. For example in this latest audio clip, Winston claims that any guy who has traveled will tell you the USA is the hardest country in the world to get dates and meet women. Well Roosh has traveled extensively and he says in one of his Youtube videos that the USA is, alongside Finland, the easiest country in the world to get laid.

My biggest problem with Winston's views is that he carries on as though America is the only country in the world with the problems that he talks about, when in reality all first-world english-speaking countries have similar problems. Look at the birth rates of first-world countries in Europe, Oceania and Asia and you'll find that they have birth rates below replacement levels. What does that tell you? If people aren't breeding, something is wrong. I read a recent blog article on Return of Kings, titled '9 reasons Why Sydney Sucks For Men' in which the author discusses at great length why Sydney women are so awful to deal with. He expresses all the same sentiments as Winston (when he talks about American women). Read the comments on that blog and you'll find MOST people agreeing with the author, including guys who've lived in both Aus and the USA who say that Sydney women are even worse than American women.

Australia is just America with a different accent. Might as well be the 51st state of America. The women here are the same as American women. The culture is the same. The same anti-male vibe exists. BTW, English people are the most arrogant, annoying, snobbish people I have ever come across. Much worse than Americans in my experience. My point in saying all of this is, Winston would have a bit more credibility if he substituted the word "America" with "British colonialist countries" or "Anglo countries" because that would encompass Canada, the US, Oceania (Australia & NZ) and the United Kingdom, all of which have the problems that Winston talks about.

Here's that f***ing blog article I was talking about: http://www.returnofkings.com/22732/9-re ... ks-for-men


johnny_quest (I guess his nickname is referring to the 1960s/1970s show) has truth in his statements that although America does suck in dating, at times it is not difficult to get laid. However for a meaningful relationship? No, that is not going to happen. I have witnessed myself that even in decent relationships, the man has to lower his standards dramatically (even for religious guys I know with the below average women they have settle for) and women are decently looking (average to slightly above average) who are not still unfit really for marriage and only good for casual dating. British colonial countries are crappy for dating, pretty much the women might like the sort of foreign flavor if you are non-white and your accent is different but they have the exact same issues as in the US. I realized that talking to women in the UK, AU, and CA it is basically the same. Women are in discos (clubs) getting drunk, sleeping with several men and ignore regular guys. Not necessarily nice guys but average run of the mill guy.

@zboy_1

I agree with your sentiment. Yes, the US has become worse in dating. I was talking to relatives about this. They mentioned that I should pray about my predicament to God and to show me a religious woman to marry (I am spiritual but not really religious). Now, I am a decent looking guy, however the only available women are single mothers, overweight women (not slightly overweight I mean too much junk the trunk), and/or average women who are basically mental cases. I believe that it is best just to give up in Anglo countries. I am thinking that the best option is to see how to go abroad to non-English countries and to just settle into a society where you do not have to try so hard just to find a meaningful relationship.
aozora13
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Postby gsjackson » Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm

johny_quest wrote:
Winston's standard response to anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with him is to say something to the effect of "OMG, you are SOOOOOO dumb!" Pretty childish. I think Winston expresses some very narrow-minded views, for example when he declares that America has gotten so much worse since the 1950's. I don't live in America but I think that while some things have gotten worse, other things have actually gotten better.


Speaking as an American who was alive in every year of the '50s, I would say that there are more and better options now available in food (though, of course, you pay extra for it -- the mainstream food supply has become contaminated with hormones, antibiotics, pestcides, genetic modification, etc.). The internet is a fine source of information, if used correctly. Blacks are not faced with segregation, women have more employment opportunities, homosexuals do not remain closeted, so from the standpoint of these three groups things can be seen as significantly better in some ways.

In every other conceivable way, from my standpoint, things are so dramatically worse from the '50s and '60s to now, it's almost like two different planets. The quality of life has been degraded 10,000 times.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby gsjackson » Thu May 15, 2014 2:28 pm

On the relative health merits of the US and Europe, I'm having occasion to look at both sides at the moment. I've been in Europe for almost two months. As usual when I come, I've lost weight from walking everywhere. The downside here, though, is the climate. I'm stuck inside most of the day for the third consecutive day because of the relentless rain in Sarajevo. Two years ago I got stuck when it rained literally every day for a month in England. I thought the Olympics were going to get rained out, but the monsoon finally stopped about a week before.

I can't imagine spending an entire winter over here.

So, when Winston talks about the virtues of nature in the American southwest, it's even more than he imagines. You can't out a price on that continual sunshine that we get in Arizona and Nevada.

If the American West only had a pedestrian culture -- as it once did before WWII -- it would be one of the world's healthiest environments (physically, not psychologically).
gsjackson
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA

Postby johny_quest » Thu May 15, 2014 10:46 pm

gsjackson wrote:In every other conceivable way, from my standpoint, things are so dramatically worse from the '50s and '60s to now, it's almost like two different planets. The quality of life has been degraded 10,000 times.


Since the 1950's, HUGE progress has been made in the realm of human rights. Human rights abuses that have plagued the United States for over a century are now getting mainstream recognition and as public awareness of the issue grows, more and more is being done to rectify it. Americans don't seem to realize that female genital mutilation (we are talking about removal of the clitoral hood – not the same degree of FGM that happens in some African villages) was once a common procedure in the United States, and in California it was even covered by Blue Shield until 1977. It wasn't criminalized until 1997.

In the 1950's, male genital mutilation was on the rise and peaked in the 1960's, when about 90% of US-born male infants were subjected to this torture. That number has dropped (according to some sources) to about one-third of all babies born in the US today. Back in those days, the procedure was even more brutal than it is today, using zero anesthetic and crude, barbaric instruments like the gomco clamp (remember, the original idea behind the practice was to curtail masturbation by removing the most sexually sensitive part of the penis and create psycho-sexual trauma in the process). Huge efforts are being made by 'intactivist' organisations to raise public awareness and expose the truth about MGM, which has resulted in a massive decline in the rates of MGM. Finally, this 19th century quackery that has caused so much pain, cost so many lives and scarred so many people – physically and emotionally – is fast reaching a point where it will no longer be mainstream. This is a byproduct of the information age (the internet), which has given ordinary people the ability to spread the truth and expose the lies, deceit and propaganda (along with the financial motivations) of institutions like the American Academy of Pediatrics.
johny_quest
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

Postby Winston » Sat May 17, 2014 5:52 am

Mystery Writer wrote:A few points:

• I'm not here to simply heckle you. Do a search of my posts; you'll find I help people who ask for it, when I can.
• You have a pleasant speaking voice. If you had made some notes beforehand, your presentation wouldn't have wandered into Chekhovian digressions.
• I've traveled to the Caribbean and South America. I was always glad to get home.

Clearly, what I said was not nonsense. It simply didn't agree with your POV. Remember, you tout this forum as a place for free speech: "Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship." That also includes disagreeing with you and your idea of what is politically correct: Hate America, blame it for your problems and run away to foreign lands.

You indicated that, "It is not true that a knowledgeable person would say that "The USA sucks but everywhere else is worse." Where do you get that shit? No seasoned traveler I know would say that." Like I said, all you hear is those that agree with you. Those who disagree, you can't hear. I have acquaintances who travel abroad, too. They do not agree with you. Again, your 'all or nothing' statements point out the weakness in your posture: "It's all black and white!" No, it isn't.

Be careful. You are sliding into bigotry. Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. That also can include those who simply don't agree with you. I find there are a few folks here who are valuable sources of information for what I want. Most are not. Most are 'your kind of people'.

I don't expect you to step back from the massive commitment you've made to your beliefs. I do expect you to accept the fact that others can disagree with you, shove the sillier beliefs you have back in your face and consider that they might actually be acting in your best interest. It might be that bitchslapping you is exactly what you need, to wake you from the pathological trance you indulge in yourself.


Look at your post above. All it says is that you disagree with me. Anyone can say that. But that doesn't prove anything.

Can you give some logical reasons that make sense, about why you think I'm wrong and where specifically? Simply saying that you disagree or that I'm wrong, doesn't prove anything.

All you've said in your above post is that you have a right to disagree. That's all. What a waste of space. It doesn't contribute anything. Anyone can say that they disagree. You can disagree that 2+2=4 too. But that doesn't create any great argument or insight that adds to the depth of this thread. Understand?

I know of no knowledgeable person who says that the USA sucks but other countries suck even more. Who says that?

Why don't you be more logical like Ladislav, who says that the USA is good for some things, like making money and having religious freedom, but not for others like approaching girls, connecting with others, social life, etc. So like any country, the US is good for some things, but not for others. Ladislav's assessment is far more accurate and objective than yours.

His exact words were:

"No country has it all, and most countries are heavily weighed in one direction and severely poor in another area. Countries that are materially rich are poor spiritually and socially. Countries with the best jobs opportunities cannot usually provide too many gorgeous dates. Countries with the most beautiful women have bad economies and rotten politics. It, therefore, stands to reason that in order to have it all, living in more than one country is often a necessity."

So you see, that is a lot wiser than the empty words you said above.

We all agree here that the US is a social hell. There is no social connection. People fundamentally do not like others. In public places, people try to sit as far away from others as possible. Even in campgrounds, the RV's and tents are placed as far away from others as possible. Women are stuck up toward strangers and not social toward men. Etc.

This is common knowledge and common experience here. So how am I wrong?

The US has the highest rates of mental illness, as well as sickness and obesity, in the developed world. I showed statistics and sources for this long ago.

So again, where am I wrong? If I'm wrong about something, you could have proven it or explained it already. Instead, all you do is blow hot air and argue your right to argue just for the sake of arguing. That sounds like a shill tactic or troll tactic.

I hate it when people argue for the sake of arguing. Anyone can do that. But it does not create any value, depth of insight.

Anyone can argue without a point. But not everyone can make a logical argument or deep insight.

Not all opinions are equally logical or credible.

These discussions are a waste of time. I don't understand why we have them. I hate using up valuable time to point out the obvious to you, and then regretting it later because I didn't get something more important done. Are you trying to squander and waste my energy or something?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat May 17, 2014 6:32 am

johny_quest wrote:Winston's standard response to anyone who doesn't see eye to eye with him is to say something to the effect of "OMG, you are SOOOOOO dumb!" Pretty childish. I think Winston expresses some very narrow-minded views, for example when he declares that America has gotten so much worse since the 1950's. I don't live in America but I think that while some things have gotten worse, other things have actually gotten better.

Even though I haven't been to America, I believe Winston's claims contain much truth but are probably exaggerated at the same time. For example in this latest audio clip, Winston claims that any guy who has traveled will tell you the USA is the hardest country in the world to get dates and meet women. Well Roosh has traveled extensively and he says in one of his Youtube videos that the USA is, alongside Finland, the easiest country in the world to get laid.

My biggest problem with Winston's views is that he carries on as though America is the only country in the world with the problems that he talks about, when in reality all first-world english-speaking countries have similar problems. Look at the birth rates of first-world countries in Europe, Oceania and Asia and you'll find that they have birth rates below replacement levels. What does that tell you? If people aren't breeding, something is wrong. I read a recent blog article on Return of Kings, titled '9 reasons Why Sydney Sucks For Men' in which the author discusses at great length why Sydney women are so awful to deal with. He expresses all the same sentiments as Winston (when he talks about American women). Read the comments on that blog and you'll find MOST people agreeing with the author, including guys who've lived in both Aus and the USA who say that Sydney women are even worse than American women.

Australia is just America with a different accent. Might as well be the 51st state of America. The women here are the same as American women. The culture is the same. The same anti-male vibe exists. BTW, English people are the most arrogant, annoying, snobbish people I have ever come across. Much worse than Americans in my experience. My point in saying all of this is, Winston would have a bit more credibility if he substituted the word "America" with "British colonialist countries" or "Anglo countries" because that would encompass Canada, the US, Oceania (Australia & NZ) and the United Kingdom, all of which have the problems that Winston talks about.

Here's that f***ing blog article I was talking about: http://www.returnofkings.com/22732/9-re ... ks-for-men


Not true. I do not call everyone dumb who disagrees with me. I only call them dumb if they act dumb. If I said that 2+2=5, wouldn't you have the right to call me dumb too? Why should you lie and say that that would be a valid statement?

His post was a waste of space and did not contain any valid arguments or rational points. It was just arguing for the sake of arguing. Anyone can disagree. But not everyone can disagree for a good reason. Not all opinions are equal or credible. We all know that.

You have not read my other posts. I said that everything has gotten worse in America except for two things: 1) technology and 2) consumer choices. But I can name MANY things that have gotten worse. It would take hours to do so. TV/Movies are one of them that I have posted many examples of in other threads. The tradeoff isn't worth it. There is no question that the number of things that have gotten worse in the US way outnumbers the things that have gotten better.

If you haven't been to America, then you are not qualified to discuss this topic.

I do not think that Roosh claims that the USA and Finland are the easiest places to get laid in. Finland is considered a socially cold country. Even couples do not show affection to each other there. Perhaps you misunderstood him. Show us a link to where Roosh claims that USA and Finland are the easiest countries to get laid in.

You also gotta keep in mind that Roosh has a look that AW will find more attractive than my look.

I don't know how honest or credible Roosh is anyway.

But I knew an Italian playboy who hit on women everywhere he went, and he said that the USA is the hardest place to hit on girls.

Someday, if you come to the USA, you may discover that I was right all along. Many have.

I have not been to Australia so I cannot comment on that country. But the Aussie backpackers I've met have been more friendly and social than American backpackers. Of course, a lot of that type of friendliness is superficial. But they did have a more down to earth vibe than Americans do.

Finally, I strongly disagree with you that I would have more credibility if I lumped the USA, UK, Canada and Australia altogether. The truth is the OPPOSITE. Anglo countries have some similarities, but they have differences as well.

Try this: Ask the common people around you in Australia if they would lump Australia and America as the same. They would not. The sentiment there would likely be "No. We aren't as insane as Americans are. Our culture is far saner. We prefer ours." In England, people would say the same thing. In Canada, people do not want to be lumped together with the USA either. They consider Americans to be insane and dysfunctional and violent.

So I don't know why you want to lump the USA and Australia together when the common people of your country do not. Strange.

BellaRuth, an English girl who used to post here, also said that in England, people do not see themselves and Americans as the same. She elaborated on this in her posts here. You can do a search for them.

Yes Anglo women may be spoiled and not easy to pick up or flirt with. But in my experience, English women are definitely MORE down to earth than American women, who are the furthest thing in the universe from being down to earth. The English girls I've met have been easier to talk to and start a conversation with. They aren't the same as American girls. I can say this from personal experience.

BellaRuth is an example of this too. She is down to earth as well.

Let me ask you this:

If Australia and the USA are the same, then explain this:

- How come the USA has the highest rates of mental illness in the industrialized world? But Australia does not? The World Health Organization has confirmed this. See here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=19445

- How come the USA is the fattest and sickest nation in the world? It has the highest rates of obesity, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. How come that isn't true for Australia, if they are the same? See here:
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22966

- How come the US has the highest prison population in the world? Currently there are 2 million in prison in the US. How come that isn't true in Australia too?

- How come the US has the highest rates of homicide in the industrialized world, but Australia doesn't?

So you see, your suggestion of lumping the USA and Australia together is illogical and inaccurate.

Comprende?

What kind of name is Johnny Quest? Sheesh. That sounds like some cartoon character.

One final question: If Australia is the same as the US, then how come Australia would make a movie about an Asian guy scoring two hot white women like this one: http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=22349 But America would never make such a movie?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat May 17, 2014 6:41 am

zboy1 wrote:Actually, the RooshV crowd now believe that the U.S. is becoming an increasingly difficult place to date and get laid-in.

The sentiment that the U.S. is an easy place to get laid was in the past, but that situation is becoming increasingly bleaker--along with America's decline, both morally, culturally, economically and politically...


Huh? Where have you been the last 20 years? The dating scene for men started to suck in the late 1980's, when trash culture began in America. Ever since then it's gotten progressively worse. So why do you act like it's only a recent phenomenon?

I began trying to get dates in 1992 when my shyness with girls finally ended. Yet I could not get anywhere. Everything was against me. The girls that I did get were flukes.

For Asian men, I don't think the US has ever been an easy place to get laid. White women in the US have always been racist toward Asian men and seen them as asexual and not in their league.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23574
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Next

Return to Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest