My reasons for wanting to leave The Netherlands

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Kublai Khan
Freshman Poster

My reasons for wanting to leave The Netherlands

Post by Kublai Khan »

As promised, here are my reasons to move abroad. I'm currently changing jobs, but I hope my new job will give me extra financial means to move.

Here are the main reasons why I am dying to GTFO:

- this country is terribly overpopulated, there's barely any breathing space here;

- I like nature and wilderness around, which this coutnry is lacking (see above);

- since the euro currency the cost of living has skyrocketed;

- the economic crisis (see above);

- the weather here changes constantly, causing me a headache;

- the total lack of history and culture here;

- Dutch women (need I say more ?)

- Dutch people are generally selfish spineless cowards with no sense of unity or nationhood;

- like most western countries; our cities are turning into multicultural hellholes full of crime;

- social climate is turning more toxic (need I say more);

- and so on...

I am not exactly sure where to move, (I prefer to stay in Europe) and I have no illusions that going abroad will solve everything, but I don't think I have much to lose anyway. Anything better than staying here.

I've seen this thread by the guy from Sweden who moved to Turkey, I can relate to everything he said. It really makes me sad I have to do this, but I'm afraid I cannot find happiness here.

More rants will follow.

Kublai Khan

EDIT: wow I've been editing the shit out of this post, thinking of more and more reasons lol
Last edited by Kublai Khan on August 15th, 2014, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Rather than dispersing as a population, would it be too much to ask for you Dutch people to form colonies somewhere? Some of you are such big, meaty beautiful people that it would be tragic for you to go extinct.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Holland is unbearable for me. I would move to southern Europe where the food, the weather, the women, and life in general is far better. "Blandness" is term that best describes Holland and it's people.

It's only argument against blandness is the red light district and the "coffee shops" that legally sell marijuana, but I see those more as tourist gimmicks than truly Dutch elements.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Cornfed wrote:Rather than dispersing as a population, would it be too much to ask for you Dutch people to form colonies somewhere? Some of you are such big, meaty beautiful people that it would be tragic for you to go extinct.
they tried that in indonesia didn't work out too well.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Rather than dispersing as a population, would it be too much to ask for you Dutch people to form colonies somewhere? Some of you are such big, meaty beautiful people that it would be tragic for you to go extinct.
they tried that in indonesia didn't work out too well.
Yeah well that shouldn't stop them. On the backpacker trail I met people from some region of Holland and it made me think "Oh for goodness sake, I am just a small, weak, ugly, stupid looking dweeb - there is no point in going to the gym etc. I may as well just accept my inferior status ...". Those people must breed.
Richardrli
Freshman Poster

Post by Richardrli »

Maybe you could try Suriname, it was a former Dutch colony and with all the history behind it you would have no problems with communication there as they have Dutch as the official language. But be careful though in that part of the world with crime and security issues. Wish you well.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I enjoyed Holland while on vacation, but I wouldn't know anything about living there...

The best part of Holland is the coffee shops and for mongers...the Red Light District.

I still have a pair of wooden shoes from my trip, haha...

My observations of Dutch people: Tall and attractive; very wooden, stoic, and somewhat unfriendly and rude; very robotic (no offense), and the women, although very beautiful, seemed somewhat snobbish and standoffish.

Are my observations wrong or offensive?

Some Dutch cities look more like Africa or the Middle East than a European country...
Kublai Khan
Freshman Poster

Post by Kublai Khan »

@cornfed:Colonies ? we tried that in south africa, until mandela took over...

@contrarian: I don't know what you mean by blandness, but you're right about the RDL and coffe shops being tourist gimmicks

@richardrli: suriname is nice but also very expensive and corrupt. There's a lot of poverty and crime there

@zboy: funny that you have to bring that up again... :lol: Dutch girls are generally not bad looking but they start to show the same tendencies as anglosphere women. The problem you mention about cities is regular in western europe.

Just a quick reply guys, don't \have a lot of time right now. BTW does anyone know how to multiquote in one post ?
Last edited by Kublai Khan on August 16th, 2014, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Isn't there a lot of muslims looking to get everything there? I remember hearing that they were demanding one thing after another & claiming it was religious persecution to do other than give it to them. Also, that they always claim discrimination when someone brings up any point they don't like, whether it has anything to do with religion or not. Like if someone that's muslim does something off-the-wall & then when this is stated, it's somehow oppressing them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Surinam probably sucks.

Indonesia isn't Dutch anymore.

But South Africa might be an interesting option. There is a vibrant Afrikaner culture. Humorous videos on YouTube. They seem more like Russians than Americans. Full of life. They do not seem like a conquered people.

And then of course there are Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao, not that I know much about them. And St Maartens.

If you want to stay in Europe but not multiculti, anywhere in the old Warsaw Pact or former Yugoslavia shuld work.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

There is no multi-quote here.

What forum has the functionality you are looking for? I'd like to see it.

Anyway the way you did it is the fastest way here.

I sometimes copy do a quote on one post, copy it all, then go to another comment, do a quote there, and paste in the other comment that I copied..

Only worth the bother if there is a common focus between the two comments quoted.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: My reasons for wanting to leave The Netherlands

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Kublai Khan wrote:As promised, here are my reasons to move abroad. I'm currently changing jobs, but I hope my new job will give me extra financial means to move.

Here are the main reasons why I am dying to GTFO:

- this country is terribly overpopulated, there's barely any breathing space here;

- I like nature and wilderness around, which this coutnry is lacking (see above);

- since the euro currency the cost of living has skyrocketed;

- the economic crisis (see above);

- the weather here changes constantly, causing me a headache;

- the total lack of history and culture here;

- Dutch women (need I say more ?)

- Dutch people are generally selfish spineless cowards with no sense of unity or nationhood;

- like most western countries; our cities are turning into multicultural hellholes full of crime;

- social climate is turning more toxic (need I say more);

- and so on...

I am not exactly sure where to move, (I prefer to stay in Europe) and I have no illusions that going abroad will solve everything, but I don't think I have much to lose anyway. Anything better than staying here.

I've seen this thread by the guy from Sweden who moved to Turkey, I can relate to everything he said. It really makes me sad I have to do this, but I'm afraid I cannot find happiness here.

More rants will follow.

Kublai Khan

EDIT: wow I've been editing the shit out of this post, thinking of more and more reasons lol
Fellow Dutch here. Married to a Filipina lady and soon to move to her country indefinitely. I do not dislike my country as much as you do, it definitely has culture albeit one I dislike and one I don't quite fit in personally. I find the people too materialistic, I find conversations often too shallow, I dislike our politicians, I dislike the bland food.

The women are not bad looking, that's true. In fact many of them I find very attractive. But I decided I see no future here and so I began to make plans to leave about two years ago. I am now 23, for the record. My future is abroad because wife and child are too. And because I too like the outdoors, nature, sunshine. I like exotic food, and people with more traditional values when it comes to gender roles.

I can advice you the Philippines because it's cheap as f**k and women will pretty much throw themselves at you if you're a Dutch, German or Swedish dude as you're likely to be taller and more attractive then most American guys. Also, since you are only late twenties, you would have an advantage over all the old perverts in their midlife crises' looking for a lady. No offense to the old perverts! :lol:
Kublai Khan
Freshman Poster

Post by Kublai Khan »

marcoszeitola,

I don't hate this country that much (I actually like the food), I just believe I will be much happier abroad. I need space and nature around me, not this overcrowded shithole.

Sorry but I'm not into Asian women, but I'm sure life in the Phillipines is good. :)
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Personally I don't know if I will ever be able to afford to live in Western Europe (except maybe Spain and Portugal, but the unemployment rates in Spain are sky high). So for now, Asia will be my focus. The cost of living in Asia is still much cheaper compared to Europe.

Deep down inside I don't know if I will consider Western European women for marriage (do they like Asian men in general?), but I bet they are much more educated and wise than the typical Angloskank.

There's a famous Chinese actor called Liu Ye who married a French woman. In terms of looks, I think French, Spanish, and Portuguese women and Eastern European women (Russians, Ukrainians) are the most attractive in Europe.

Do not misunderstand me, I am straight but I think European men are much better looking than Anglo men. Europeans are a lot more educated, wise, interesting, and inquisitive than the Anglos, unless they are the soulless workaholic types that move to the Anglosphere.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

The Netherlands lacks culture? In what ways?
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!