Reasons To Go Abroad

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Linkoln
Freshman Poster

Re: Reasons To Go Abroad

Post by Linkoln »

I think the main reason to move abroad is to make your life better!
excpomelo
Freshman Poster

Post by excpomelo »

Linkoln wrote:I think the main reason to move abroad is to make your life better!
i think so. move abroad can help me to have a life better
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

As long as you are happy with your own situation in your own native country, you will hardly consider to move on permanently to anywhere else.

In case you decide to rerlocate, it is however advisable to think about an 'escape route' if something is going wrong and does not work out as expected, either about how to go back home or to continue to another country.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

1.) To find better dating and marriage options (slim or curvy, attractive/sexy/cute, family-oriented, sweet, young, feminine single ladies). Also, to find a culture and larger pool of women that has more respect and need for nice, good men. And some place where NO GAME/PUA is required. But are not greatly influenced by feminism, gynocentric, or misandry. Thugs, bad boys, "manginas", "white knights", "simps", and jerks need not apply.

2.) To move to a warmer year-round climate (Central and most South American/Southeast Asian countries) if you hate long, cold, and dark winters.

3.) To escape the high cost-of-living in America and most industrialized nations (Western Europe, Canada, Japan, Korea, Singapore ) The U.S. Dollar goes further in many developing nations such as Costa Rica, Panama, Brazil, the Philippines, Thailand, etc.

4.) To leave behind the high stress, hyper-competitive, materialistic, workaholic, and businesslike culture of America for a more relaxed, communal, and slower pace of life elsewhere. Because in modern day America, "it's every person for themselves"!!!!

5.) To move to a more open, inclusive, society and culture. Also, a country that is less racist or xenophobic, where people of color and/or foreigners, face far less discrimination (depending on the country or region of the world).

6.) To stop paying into a system that supports perpetual war (the "MILITARY CONGRESSIONAL-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX"/Pentagon/CIA), bails out Wall St. bankers and corporations, NSA spying, TSA screening/searches, that sends foreign aid to repressive regimes, Prison industrial complex, media propaganda, etc. In addition, the U.S. is the only country that taxes it's citizens who both live and make money overseas.

7.) When you leave the "MATRIX USA" a person can broaden their horizons, have a sense of self-discovery, become more open-minded, some adventure, gain new friends, and possibly find love/marriage.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

One reason why I want to move abroad is that there's little economic opportunities in the U.S. Even Canada and Australia has lots more opportunities and a more stable economy than the U.S.

It's very difficult to get a job in the U.S. After graduating college and racking up 30k-40k in student loans, you find out that companies are demanding you to have 3 - 5 years of work experience. How are you gonna magically get the experience that employers want? It won't just fall on your lap. You can start your own business but you'll have to take out an extra 50k in loans. If you can't come up with the capital to fund your business, then you'd spend many months applying for hundreds of jobs and going to a dozen interviews with no luck in sight. How can anyone think this is ethical? It is borderline fraud. Oh and by the way when one company posts a job opening, they get swamped with hundreds to thousands of resumes/applications. Then they discriminate against you if you're over a certain age (People who's 50+ has to take an early retirement), unemployed (People who were laid off would have trouble finding a job and if you have a lengthy unemployment gap, they won't hire you), have no experience, switch jobs too much (job hopper). Again, this is not ethical but I don't understand how anyone would think so. It is time for we the people to stand up and revolt. All of us in the U.S. have been screwed by companies for too long but people sit in the sidelines and watch everything fall apart.

Since this forum talks about how dating in the U.S. sucks and the need to move abroad, we can also create a separate thread that talks about how working in the U.S. sucks which creates the need to move abroad.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I agree with everything said here.

Solutions (not definitive, just what I have come up and/or seen so far):

(1) Work in a family-owned business and learn the trade from a father, uncle, etc.
(2) Pick something you enjoy doing and train to do it, make plans to then go overseas and do it there, let everyone know your plans, maybe they will then give you a job to keep you here. I've seen it work.
(3) Work online or do a TEFL course, move abroad, live cheap.
(4) Pray for Trump to win and make things marginally better, at least like the 1990s.

EDIT: I meant 1990s, not 1900s --- sorry!
Last edited by Jester on April 27th, 2016, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

One thing people need to understand, America has been sold by fiction and has been slated for the butcher knife and yes Donald Trump is trying to reverse this....

No matter where you run to the same people who have taken control of America have the same plans for the entire world and want all of us to be their subservient drones one way or another.....this is coming to a head and is running the right answer?????
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Slick wrote:It's very difficult to get a job in the U.S. After graIduating college and racking up 30k-40k in student loans, you find out that companies are demanding you to have 3 - 5 years of work experience. How are you gonna magically get the experience that employers want?

Oh and by the way when one company posts a job opening, they get swamped with hundreds to thousands of resumes/applications. Then they discriminate against you if you're over a certain age (People who's 50+ has to take an early retirement), unemployed (People who were laid off would have trouble finding a job and if you have a lengthy unemployment gap, they won't hire you), have no experience, switch jobs too much (job hopper).
They say the unemployment rate is only 5%, that is a bunch of bull. If the unemployment rate was only 5% it wouldn't be so hard to find a job. Companies are getting hundreds of people applying for jobs as soon as the job is posted online.

Even if you have a college degree, you need to have work experience. If you have no work experience doing the type of work the company wants, you have no chance of getting the job (even if you have a masters degree).

I just heard a report on the news that 50% of college graduates are either unemployed or underemployed. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Slick wrote: It's very difficult to get a job in the U.S. After graduating college and racking up 30k-40k in student loans, you find out that companies are demanding you to have 3 - 5 years of work experience. How are you gonna magically get the experience that employers want? It won't just fall on your lap. You can start your own business but you'll have to take out an extra 50k in loans. If you can't come up with the capital to fund your business, then you'd spend many months applying for hundreds of jobs and going to a dozen interviews with no luck in sight. How can anyone think this is ethical? It is borderline fraud. Oh and by the way when one company posts a job opening, they get swamped with hundreds to thousands of resumes/applications.

Then they discriminate against you if you're over a certain age (People who's 50+ has to take an early retirement), unemployed (People who were laid off would have trouble finding a job and if you have a lengthy unemployment gap, they won't hire you), have no experience, switch jobs too much (job hopper).
Yup. And they put women in charge of everything. Women are the gatekeepers who get to determine who gets the high paying job and who doesn't.

Women screen the resumes. Women decide who gets presented to the dept for selection.

How did we get to this point? The same way we get to compete with illegals for physical labor jobs.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

Adama wrote: Yup. And they put women in charge of everything. Women are the gatekeepers who get to determine who gets the high paying job and who doesn't.

Women screen the resumes. Women decide who gets presented to the dept for selection.

How did we get to this point? The same way we get to compete with illegals for physical labor jobs.
[/quote]

And they probably have no idea what the position is about. They even put "Must have 5 years of windows 10 experience" even though windows 10 hasn't been out for a year.
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

Let me just put my two cents in..

Having recently quit a job of mine of nearly 3 years, I can say with much confidence that most people in service and blue-collar field are subservient miserable drones.
You have no idea how much a regular employee or even a small-time supervisor gets daily trampled on by other management. Now there are things your employer can have you do and cannot have you do, depending on state laws or company policy, but none of that matters anyways. When it comes down to it, you will hear "I'm your boss! Do what I say!" and all that other nonsense, and no one ever stands up for themselves. People are just complete total slaves.

You have no idea how in some places, they will have you working without properly-timed breaks or even lunch/breakfast breaks. I've gotten in many arguments over this exact same thing with a former friend of mine who turned into a psycho (no wonder!), and he would always stand in their or employer's defense saying things like:
"That's right. When I come to work, I want to get shit done!"
"You don't come there to eat and relax! That's not the attitude they want you to have!"
"Employers want total 100% of your effort to get stuff done! That's right!"
and finally
"If eight or nine bucks in hour is not enough, well then enjoy not having your "eight or nine bucks" in hour!"

Can you believe this? An obedient little slave mentality is what most people have, without even mentioning the amount of hate and prejudice that these regular working-class Americans have!! Or I guess "You just want a handout from the government!" is what they would say. How ridiculous and sad!!
Jusqu'au bout a tout prix..
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Those problems are much worse in the service industry. Most jobs I've had the employers weren't monitoring you for when you took your breaks. Employers are mostly bad when the bosses are sociopaths and reprobates. That is not a problem you will ever be able to run away from by switching continents. There are sociopaths and reprobates in every nation on earth. If you think there are no sociopathic men and women in managerial positions overseas then you will be in for a sad surprise.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

TruthOrConsequences wrote: Can you believe this? An obedient little slave mentality is what most people have
The thing is that most people in the U.S. doesn't have a trust fund, inheritance or a rich spouse to live on. You can try to win the lottery or make a fortune in Vegas but there's a huge chance you won't get anything.