Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

Post by WorldTraveler »

I like either of the titles.
"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Moving Abroad for the Broke and Hopeless"

Or

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Escaping America for the Broke and Hopeless"

I'd do a search and see which one gets the most hits and use that.

I wouldn't raise to $10. I usually pass on EBooks for that amount. I'd do $2.99 if you want to go higher. Books are really cheap now. Good luck. :D
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

Post by Winston »

Ghost wrote:
Winston wrote: 1. Why is the title image for the ebook and paper different? You should use the same one to make them consistent.
IIRC, there was some sizing issue, but it still looked fine to me so I kept it that way.
2. Authors should not put their name in big letters like that on the cover page, to be the same size as the book title. Their name is usually smaller, about the same size as the subtitle. Look at other books and you will see that. I'd suggest making it smaller and bring more attention to the title instead, which is what you want to sell. Unless you're really famous, no one really cares about your name on the cover. So dont enlarge it. Lol
I didn't really think it was that big. Hahaha.
3. In your title and subtitle, you use the same word "Expatriation" twice. That's considered bad form. This is how you have it:

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Expatriation for the Broke and Hopeless"

Usually authors don't use the same word twice like that. It looks sloppy and unprofessional in bad form. How about this title instead?

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Moving Abroad for the Broke and Hopeless"

Or

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Escaping America for the Broke and Hopeless"

That way you will have more keywords in your title, such as "moving abroad".
Why is it bad form? Although I've never really thought about this before.
4. Why is your ebook only 2 dollars still? Why not raise the price to make it look more valuable? At least 10 dollars.
That gives me an idea. I might do a promotion before raising the price. Anyway, my book is a guide for broke men who are getting pushed out of society. It doesn't need to be too expensive. :)
5. Do you have a PDF version of your book that we can sell directly online through PayPal? You can create a PayPal button. Its easy. Then you can receive money directly.
I'll look into making one.
6. I fixed the links in your forum signature to compact them for you.
Thanks.
7. What is your novel "Boxes" about? Why not have a subtitle and cover image for it to make it more appealing? I've bought a copy anyway on Kindle to see what it's about.
It's about a man realizing that there is something profoundly wrong with life in the U.S. and looking for a way out.
8. Did you know you can sell your book through Barnes and Noble website and Smashwords website too? It's free and easy to set up. That way, you will have more formats for it, including a Nook version for B&N users.
I've heard about other sites such as SmashWords and LuLu, but I didn't know about Barnes and Noble. Aren't they out of business by now? Lol. They were always so expensive and all you ever saw in a B&N store is people sitting down reading books and then leaving without buying anything.

Well, looks like I'll be busy. I've got some ideas for a future project that we could possibly work on together. I'll organize my notes and send you a PM later Great Leader.
Yes look at your book cover. Your name is the same size as the title. That's pompous and unusual. Go to the bookstore and look at other books. You will see that authors don't do that. They put their name on the book in smaller font sizes than the title of their book. Or look at the other book covers on Amazon.com and you will see that too.

Using the same word twice in the title and subtitle is bad form of course. That's why no one does it. Look at all other book titles and you will see that no one uses the same word twice. The subtitle should have different words, not repeat the same words in the title. All books follow this rule. It's considered good literary form. Think about it. And look at other book titles.

$10 or $9.99 for an ebook isn't expensive. It's cheap.

I don't mean Barnes and Noble bookstore. You can't sell your book there unless their distributor places it there. I mean the Barnes and Noble website. It sells ebooks in Nook format. Yeah LuLu is another one. So is Google Bookstore. Try to list your ebook on as many sites as possible for maximum exposure. But yeah, Amazon.com gets the most traffic out of all those sites.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide For Broke Guys

Post by Winston »

Ghost,
Think about it. Imagine if I titled my ebook like this:

Happier Abroad:
Why You Will Have A Better Life Abroad

Happier Abroad:
Why You Will Be Happier Overseas

So you see, in both cases above, I used the same word twice, in the title and subtitle. Doesn't that sound redundant and in bad form? That's why no one does that. Look at other books and you will see. So I could write them like this to avoid redundant words:

Happier Abroad:
Why You Will Have A Better Life Overseas

Happier Abroad:
Why Your Life Will Be Better Overseas

See? Doesn't that sound better without the redundant word used twice?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost,
I finally listed your ebook on my ebooks page. Have a look:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebooks.php ... apocalypse

I included the title cover image, description and links to multi-formats, including links to reviews and this thread. How does it look?

I also put a link to it on the home page in the Latest Additions box in the top right corner. Have a look:
http://www.happierabroad.com

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

For anyone who wants to read these for free, copies will be available shortly. I also understand there will be copies on PDF via the internet. When that happens I'll let it be known so these can be on the public domain.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ghost wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:For anyone who wants to read these for free, copies will be available shortly. I also understand there will be copies on PDF via the internet. When that happens I'll let it be known so these can be on the public domain.
Why would you want to spread my work and name and help it grow? There's no such thing as bad press. Since you want to work for me pro bono, thanks in advance. Though it is copyrighted. Making it public doesn't nullify copyright. Or maybe you just are ignorant of what 'public domain' means. Wasn't planning to make any PDF copies. I think that was Winston's idea. But if you want to, feel free. It'll save me the work.
Since I have your endorsement, consider it done! Anything to save people from having to needlessly spend their actual money on these.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ghost wrote:Hahaha, funny. I've got Cunty Ex so afraid of me. My assessment was spot-on: you are stupid and petty. But now we also see how thin-skinned you are. You're like that idiot who shows up to play a game of chess and then overturns the table and starts acting like a moron because he lost. If you let some guy on the internet bother you this much, you'll never be worth a damn. But then you had everything handed to you because of your skin color and base your identity in your skin color and self-pseudo-righteousness, so that's all one could expect of such a subhuman intellect as yourself.
Dude, if those "books" are the best writing you could muster, you suck. But perhaps I'm biased because you're Cornfed's butt boy on this site. I'll let others judge for themselves when they get to read them all free of charge :lol:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:For anyone who wants to read these for free, copies will be available shortly. I also understand there will be copies on PDF via the internet. When that happens I'll let it be known so these can be on the public domain.
Why would you wanna do that? The kindle ebook on amazon is only 3 dollars, a lot lower than it should be. Sheesh. What a cheapskate. You make me look generous. Lol. If you cant even afford 3 bucks, then perhaps you need to get a job first to save up money before going abroad.