Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 21st, 2020, 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

Post by Cornfed »

Good on you for writing this, but we realize it will not sell well, yes? In a low trust society, people don't trust sincere publications telling them how to make rational steps that will require hard work to proceed to an eventual future goal, because, you know, they don't trust people. And who can blame them? However, if you promise them things that will instantly result in huge rewards with minimal effort then SOME people will buy it, because that is what they WANT to hear, and it will be so much what they want to hear that it will override their instinctive mistrust. Hence paradoxically they are so afraid of being scammed that they end up being scammed. In this market, blowing smoke up people's asses will always win.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Ghost wrote:I recently finished writing a guide to becoming an expat, focusing on the young, broke, and hopeless demographic. It’s based on what I’ve learned as an HAer trying to get out of this position myself. Over the past two years I’ve been making notes about things I’ve learned attempting to be happier abroad, which eventually became this guide. Here is the link to it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Expatriation-Apoc ... apocalypse

Many resources on the internet for expats assume that you already have money. These resources are good, but useless if you don’t already have wealth. So this is a big disconnect from what most would-be HAers actually need. And that’s a gap I wanted to help fill in, and since much of it is based on my own experience, it can work.

Of course, this means letting go of any fantasy about being happier abroad, especially those fantasies involving lots of money. This is a realistic look at getting your life started from the bottom of the totem pole. You won’t find a get-rich-quick scheme here – you won’t even find a get-rich-at-all scheme.

Here’s what you will find:

-Why the West is finished economically and socially…and why you need to take action soon
-How to simplify your life in order to prepare to expatriate
-How you can travel and try out countries very cheaply...and even start funding your travels
-The Two Escapes you need to make to be free...and how to start
-How to get a job teaching English abroad...even if you lack a degree and experience
-How to choose a foreign language to learn and maximize its effectiveness for you
-Resources you can use to start moving towards your goals today

I really do think we’re on the threshold of an “expatriation apocalypse.” I named the guide that because I think with each passing year, the window closes a bit more. Eventually I expect even worse unemployment rates for men, travel bans, and more misandrist laws and policies that make gaining any ground in the West impossible for a man…and it is horrible already.

Get out before the “Expatriation Apocalypse” happens…
Maybe we'll buy a copy rewrite the content a bit and give it an uplifting title like: TW presents: The ultimate guide to living abroad on a budget. We'll sell it on our site for $5 a pop.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Cornfed wrote:Good on you for writing this, but we realize it will not sell well, yes? In a low trust society, people don't trust sincere publications telling them how to make rational steps that will require hard work to proceed to an eventual future goal, because, you know, they don't trust people. And who can blame them? However, if you promise them things that will instantly result in huge rewards with minimal effort then SOME people will buy it, because that is what they WANT to hear, and it will be so much what they want to hear that it will override their instinctive mistrust. Hence paradoxically they are so afraid of being scammed that they end up being scammed. In this market, blowing smoke up people's asses will always win.
In a low trust society (which the USA isn't), you have to go through the right channels. Throwing some ebook on amazon without developing pipelines = failure.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

It looks good i think, you're onto something.
I would perhaps change

"The bad news is that Western civilization.."

for

"While the bad news is that Western civilization.. "
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Ghost wrote:
BlackKnight wrote:Maybe we'll buy a copy rewrite the content a bit and give it an uplifting title like: TW presents: The ultimate guide to living abroad on a budget. We'll sell it on our site for $5 a pop.
Which would be plagiarism, except that you wouldn't be re-writing it so much as writing something different altogether. Budgeting is one obvious part of it, but the overall point of the book is acknowledging that Western civilization is terminal, understanding what you have lost, and taking realistic steps to escape without lots of money.
BlackKnight wrote:
Cornfed wrote:Good on you for writing this, but we realize it will not sell well, yes? In a low trust society, people don't trust sincere publications telling them how to make rational steps that will require hard work to proceed to an eventual future goal, because, you know, they don't trust people. And who can blame them? However, if you promise them things that will instantly result in huge rewards with minimal effort then SOME people will buy it, because that is what they WANT to hear, and it will be so much what they want to hear that it will override their instinctive mistrust. Hence paradoxically they are so afraid of being scammed that they end up being scammed. In this market, blowing smoke up people's asses will always win.
In a low trust society (which the USA isn't), you have to go through the right channels. Throwing some ebook on amazon without developing pipelines = failure.
It's not the kind of book that appeals to most because it is honest. I doubt it would matter how much advertising and networking I did. Unless and until I start writing bullshit to scam suckers, I will probably never achieve any notable successes. I am not willing to do that, at least for now. Such writings as these are not how I make my bread, however - I'm not relying on it. Over time it could've been posted here on HA for free, but I see no reason to since I spent my time and money learning. Most wouldn't use it anyway because it is a realistic look at getting yourself out of the West as a young and hopeless incel male instead of a fantasy saying you can get rich and date supermodel Russian women.
Lol, yeah no one will ever pay for honesty:

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-tips ... on-50-usd/

http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-tips/ ... the-world/

Dude gets over 500,000 visitors a month to his site with just basic info anyone can write. I bet he's doing over 100k a year.

Guys that are hopeless incels are that way for a reason = losers

You could easier sell that shit if you networked with other nuts in the manosphere. Offer them a cut from every sell.

Loser 1: Hey, I got a new doomsday guide that your user base might like. Just mentioned it in your monthly newsletter. We'll split 60/40 or I can paypal you $100

Loser 2: Yeah, I might do that for $100. I also have 5000 facebook fans.

On my newsletters, I'm like Oprah and selling ebooks n shit.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Is it going to be in book form at any point? I don't have kindle.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Wolfeye wrote:
Is it going to be in book form at any point? I don't have kindle.
I just bought it on Amazon, had to give a permission on my PC browser (Firefox in my case) to accept Kindle. Just a quick setting change. Easy to read, though oddly no page numbers.

He writes well.

And I am speaking as a snob. :wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."