6 Reasons Your Plans to Move Abroad Might Not Work Out

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

6 Reasons Your Plans to Move Abroad Might Not Work Out

Post by Mr S »

This is one of the stupidest articles I've ever read relating to moving overseas as an American or Australian. This just proves how unadaptable Western women are overseas because none of the crap she writes about hardly affects me at all and if it does I've adapted enough to not give a shit. She talks about other Western countries not interested in Americans immigrating there, of course not duh! Unless you are young and have some kind of unique skill they need they make it hard of course cause your nothing special. This also true of the higher end Asian countries like Korea and Japan. Typical Western woman expecting other well off Western countries to roll out the red carpet. When you move overseas to work or live you go to the countries that actually need Westerners because the country is not Western or first world. OF course she probably wouldn't be interested in working in a 3rd world country where woman aren't worshiped and feminism doesn't protect you. What a bunch of rubbish this article is. I thought about putting this in the humor section, but it needs to be read and cut to shreds.

Enjoy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19363_6- ... k-out.html
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: 6 Reasons Your Plans to Move Abroad Might Not Work Out

Post by Wolfeye »

Question for anyone that can answer: What type of skills do they look for in these countries? I'd figure you'd need to be skilled at these things in THEIR way- like if you were an accountant, you'd need to know all the tax stuff of that country & it wouldn't really matter if you were an expert in your own country or not.

I'm thinking having language skills would be a good one. I'm thinking my speaking English might be pretty useful in some places & they'd be more willing to train me where they would want someone else to have prior experience.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 15th, 2020, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Wolfeye wrote:Question for anyone that can answer: What type of skills do they look for in these countries? I'd figure you'd need to be skilled at these things in THEIR way- like if you were an accountant, you'd need to know all the tax stuff of that country & it wouldn't really matter if you were an expert in your own country or not.

I'm thinking having language skills would be a good one. I'm thinking my speaking English might be pretty useful in some places & they'd be more willing to train me where they would want someone else to have prior experience.
You biggest obstacle will be not the skills but work visas/ permits plus visas, period. Many countries protect their labor markets .

This is why many people choose to be ESL ( and other)teachers- visa requirements are instantly relaxed. Also, one should really concentrate on making money online.

With professions such as accountant, etc, one may not always go far unless one applies at an American company overseas and those jobs are not easy to get.

Exceptions exist but not numerous. Also, in the EU, the Brits ( EU nationals) have taken over the ESL market.

Hence, working online or ESL outside of the EU is the best.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mr S wrote:This is one of the stupidest articles I've ever read relating to moving overseas as an American or Australian
I agree to all what you write in your comment.

Living in Japan as a man from Europe since over 3 decades and now on vacation in Thailand I can only laugh when I read such a drivel written by a Western woman.
tjh14
Freshman Poster

Post by tjh14 »

I agree that it might not work out for a woman. They don't get special treatment like in western countries. For a man, it's a great idea.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

When gorgeous young women in those foreign countries worship the ground you walk on, it makes dealing with all the inconveniences worthwhile :D
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Another reason going abroad is unlikely to work out, if you have a disability (autism, spina-bifita, cerebral palsy, Down's syndrome, epilepsy, ADHD, bi-polar, paralysis, Alzheimer's, etc) and it affects your ability to work, there's no way the government will accept you. Also, many other countries don't have Social Security or pensions for people with lifelong disabilities like the ones listed. In other words, if you have a disability and can not work, you better be living with someone who has a job in many of those other countries, especially like most of Europe, the Philippines, India, Russia, China, New Guinea, Mexico, Brazil, Colombia, and such.
xhatox
Freshman Poster

Post by xhatox »

tjh14 wrote:I agree that it might not work out for a woman. They don't get special treatment like in western countries. For a man, it's a great idea.
As a woman, I can tell you I got treated much better abroad, away from the West.