The fallacy that everyone should fit into America

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Winston
Site Admin

The fallacy that everyone should fit into America

Post by Winston »

In America, there is a common fallacy that assumes that everyone in the world can and ought to fit into American culture, and that America is for everyone because it's the great and most inclusive. It also assumes that if you don't fit into America or don't thrive there, socially or personality-wise, then there must be something wrong with you and you are to blame. But this is a very fallacious assumption. The reality is that there is no one culture for everyone, because not everything matches or mixes or has chemistry. And that can include America or any other culture. Here are some simple examples to illustrate what I mean:

-- If you put ketchup into milk, it will taste bad and weird. Does that mean there is something wrong with ketchup or milk? No of course not. If you put ketchup on french fries, it tastes great and the flavors match well. If you put cereal in milk, it tastes good. So you see, some things mix well and some don't.

-- If you try to eat spaghetti with a hammer, it will be difficult and may even hurt your teeth. But does that mean there is something wrong with the hammer? Of course not. A hammer is not made for eating with like a utensil. A hammer is made for pounding nails. Likewise, if you tried to pound nails with a fork, it won't work well. But that doesn't mean there's something wrong with the fork, for if you use a fork to eat food, it works well.

-- If you wear dark green color mixed with bright pink color on your clothes, it looks like a terrible color match. But if you wear dark green with dark brown, the colors will match and look foresty. And if you wear pink and sky blue, they will match too. So some colors match and some don't.

-- If you cast actor Clint Eastwood in a comedy movie, he will be badly miscast. His tough guy look isn't suited for a comedy film at all. But that doesn't mean that there's something wrong with him or that he's a bad actor. If you put Clint Eastwood in a Wild West film with gunfighters and outlaws (which he's been in many times), then he fits perfectly and looks to be in his element. Watch any Wild West movie with Clint Eastwood in it as a gunfighter and you will see that he fits the part like a glove and is totally in his element. Likewise, if you put Rambo in the jungles of Vietnam, he will also be in his element too, as you can see in the Rambo films. In contrast, if you put actor Chevy Chase in a serious movie, his face and look will not fit. But if you put him in a comedy movie like "Vacation" or one of his other comedy flicks, his face will fit such a role because he looks funny and humorous. Watch his comedy flicks and you will see this.

So you see, some things fit together and match well, and some don't. Likewise, some people fit into American culture, and some don't. Not everyone thrives in a culture full of fakeness and toxicity and arrogance and women with bad attitudes and consumer cultures where working is all that matters. Duh. In such extreme unnatural environments, it's to be expected and understandable that many people will not fit in.

How come when I try to meet girls or chat them up in America or Taiwan, it feels awkward, unwelcome and unnatural? But when I do that in Europe, Russia or the Philippines, it feels very smooth and natural, like I am going with the flow and in a more positive environment? How come I feel like I'm in my element in some countries, such as Europe, Russia or Southeast Asia, but not others? So you see, location matters and that proves that the problem isn't always me.

That's a lesson for mainstream people who assume that if you don't fit into any culture, America or otherwise, then there must be something wrong with you, which is just a knee jerk fallacy by those who like to shame or blame others for not fitting in. The simple examples above reveal the folly of such a narrow minded assumption. There is no rule or law that says that everyone must fit into America. You shouldn't have to try to fit somewhere you don't, or try to force yourself to be something you're not to try to fit into a culture that doesn't suit you. That's a fallacy and foolish assumption.

We all know that not everything matches or mixes well. This is common sense. So why assume that everyone is supposed to fit into America too? It doesn't make sense. Why blame or shame such misfits? To do so would be as foolish as blaming the things in the examples above for not matching together. The truth is, not everyone fits into America or its culture or social environment. So if someone doesn't, it makes perfect logical sense for that person to seek his/her place in other cultures abroad that may have better chemistry or synergy with him/her. If you think about it, this is simple logic. Enough said.

Thus the Happier Abroad concept and solution is very legitimate and makes perfect sense.

Please note: If you ever meet anyone who assumes that everyone ought to fit into America or else there's something wrong with them, forward this article to them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Fallacy that everyone should fit into American cultu

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Americans who feel that way do so because their concept of the world is America. They have no concept of a foreign alternative or a cultural alternative. They are brainwashed into thinking that America represents the best and highest quality of everything.

Those of us who have lived abroad know just how inaccurate that is.

Also, cognitive dissonance is at play too where anger and attacks result from the notion that America just ain't what its cracked up to be.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 15th, 2020, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Americans have a very monolithic way of thinking and 'group think' is very big in the USA. People in the United States believe in conformity to an outrageous degree.

How dare you believe America is not the greatest country in the world. Why would anyone want to move out of the US? Those are the beliefs of brainwashed Americans.

Most American have never stepped out of the USA, not even to visit Canada or Mexico. Some Americans have not even left the state they grew up in.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

But many people outside america believe america is great country and they wanna be like them. Even EEs feel inferior to americans, why you think american man gets laid easily in many countries just by being an american?

US has one car per per person, EEs are lucky to have one per family.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

This is feeling like deja vu.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
The Un-American
Freshman Poster

Post by The Un-American »

Yup. Americans have an elementary-school bully mentality towards those who are unlike the "norm".
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The fallacy that everyone should fit into America

Post by Winston »

Here's another analogy I could give:

Suppose I put chocolate fudge syrup onto french fries. Or suppose I put ketchup onto vanilla ice cream. it would taste weird wouldn't it? The synergy of flavors would not match or produce proper chemistry of taste. That's why those foods aren't mixed. Now, does that mean that there is "something wrong" with ketchup or vanilla ice cream or chocolate syrup or french fries? No of course not. If you put ketchup on fries and chocolate syrup onto vanilla, then you have a good mix of flavors that have synergy when blended together.

The lesson is: Some things don't mix and some do. Not everyone mixes with American culture or social life or connect with it. Assuming that every normal sane person can or should fit into America and thrive there is a myth and fallacy.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:This is feeling like deja vu.
I believe the proper term is "deja wu."

You mock Mr. Wu ? ,,,, :shock:
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 5th, 2019, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Adama wrote:This is feeling like deja vu.
I believe the proper term is "deja wu."

You mock Mr. Wu ? ,,,, :shock:
Never! I merely coin a new term in his majesty's name.
:shock: , I don't think I believe you. Just because you did this blatant act of extreme character defamation last year on this exact date doesn't mean you'll be spared severe punishment! :evil:
Time to Hide!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The fallacy that everyone should fit into America

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:Here's another analogy I could give:

Suppose I put chocolate fudge syrup onto french fries. Or suppose I put ketchup onto vanilla ice cream. it would taste weird wouldn't it? The synergy of flavors would not match or produce proper chemistry of taste. That's why those foods aren't mixed. Now, does that mean that there is "something wrong" with ketchup or vanilla ice cream or chocolate syrup or french fries? No of course not. If you put ketchup on fries and chocolate syrup onto vanilla, then you have a good mix of flavors that have synergy when blended together.

The lesson is: Some things don't mix and some do. Not everyone mixes with American culture or social life or connect with it. Assuming that every normal sane person can or should fit into America and thrive there is a myth and fallacy.
You must be a very hungry man. Someone buy this man all these items, please. It sounds like the man was starving each time he posted. #Hungary
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:Americans have a very monolithic way of thinking and 'group think' is very big in the USA. People in the United States believe in conformity to an outrageous degree.

How dare you believe America is not the greatest country in the world. Why would anyone want to move out of the US? Those are the beliefs of brainwashed Americans.

Most American have never stepped out of the USA, not even to visit Canada or Mexico. Some Americans have not even left the state they grew up in.
Hey Jamesbond please checkout this Tom Leykis Time Travel Radio youtube.com podcast I know you'll love entitled:

"FOREIGN CHICKS DUMP ON AMERICAN CHICKS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uz3McMRrXM