Why I want to go abroad

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Why I want to go abroad

Post by Slick »

It's very difficult to get a job in the U.S. even if you have a degree from Harvard and 20 years of work experience. Now, the average person in the U.S. spends almost a year unemployed. So that means we have a bunch of people graduating from high school and/or college and entering in this unemployment/underemployment market.

I graduated high school around 2009/2010 when the economy was the worst. I had a very hard time getting a job and strongly considered joining the U.S. military. Whenever I apply for jobs, I wait weeks, sometimes months to get a simple "You did not get the job". Sometimes after I apply, I wait after a few months and my application would expire and I'd have to reapply. I see many job postings but it says "Must have a college degree" "Must have X years of work experience". If I even try to apply for those jobs, my application would end up in the wastebasket and those who are doing the hiring would keep blowing me off. This is not right, most people are desperate for a paycheck and they can't be toyed around like this. As time went on, I was dam lucky to get minimum wage jobs. Those minimum wage jobs were unfulfilling and exhausting.

I was smart enough to put some of my wages into an IRA account so I can invest if I want to go abroad. While I was struggling to look for work, I was looking at options to go abroad. The thing is that many countries won't grant you a visa if you don't have a college degree. (I was thinking about going to Australia because the economy was doing better there). Now with the impossible to get Anglo women, I have been putting my mind on Eastern Europe on the drawing board for awhile. All I want is a cute, sweet good girl to marry but most women in the U.S. just want sex and are into sleeping around (Which is why the U.S. has the highest divorce rate). Once I finish college, I'm cashing out my IRA and hopping on a plane to Eastern Europe. Another thing that sparked my interest in going abroad is that most of the single women are fifty and above or girls that just got out of high school and they get snatched up pretty quickly. In the 21-49 crowd, there's 20% more single men than women. No wonder why most girls "Have a boyfriend" or has rings on their fingers. I suppose Eastern Europe has a far better ration than what the U.S. offers.
JohnOldman
Freshman Poster

Re: Why I want to go abroad

Post by JohnOldman »

If you move abroad, you won’t be stuck at the desk job you’ve been too afraid to quit for the last six months. Instead you can work anywhere you want. Maybe you get a job at a hip cafe or working on a cocoa farm or maybe you earn your keep being an au pair and traveling the world as a nanny. The point is, you now have the courage and opportunity to do whatever you want. You can choose to use your degree or not. Maybe you have always wanted to be a writer, a poet, a musician, a photographer - now is the time. Do it!
I'm a software engineer, so can take advantage of my job and go almost wherever I want)
https://relocateme.eu - IT recruiting agency aimed to connect innovative software companies with great software engineers around the world.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I can only recommend you to check out about relocation and working overseas.

I doubt however if Eastern Europe is a good place for a good job. For women opinions are divided, 50/50 but surely better than any girl from USA.

In general most people in most countries welcome US-citizens with a good educational background and willing to work, their personal reputation is much better than the image of US-external politics. There is nothing to worry about being an US-citizen living abroad, except if you settle down in places like Afghanistan or North Korea.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

I want to know what countries are good for a 1/2 white 1/2 asian guy that's 5'8". It seems as if most U.S. females won't date asian guys because they say that I'm "Not their type". How does Canada or Australia sound?
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

Ghost wrote: Feminism doubled the worker pool, drove down wages, and increased the tax base.
If Hillary Clinton becomes president in 2017, she'll try to minimum wage to $15 U.S. Dollars per hour. But yeah, it'll be more difficult for men to ever get a job.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Slick wrote:If Hillary Clinton becomes president in 2017, she'll try to minimum wage to $15 U.S. Dollars per hour. But yeah, it'll be more difficult for men to ever get a job.
And women will get paid 6 figures through affirmative action laws. In more than half of families in America, the wife will be the breadwinner, and the husband will be taking care of the kids (aka Mr. Mom).

The US of Gay is going to be just as bad as Toronto if Hillary takes office next year as there will be more misandrist laws (right now it's already trying to emulate Toronto). And the window to expatriate will close a lot more rapidly than it is now. This is why I'm getting out ASAP, like in two months; and it may mean sacrificing my music gig.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've had a 20 year career in IT. I don't get side-tracked by politics - my career has had its own ups and downs (which neatly track the NASDAQ).

There is always a boom somewhere - in 2001 my housemate went to Australia and did IT there for a few years.

London is absolutely booming right now - if you can get a work permit then you can earn $$$ or $$$$$ if you're in something like finance, compliance or IT. I am going to two job fairs this month and expect a boat load of offers.

Dating is hard here but I was talking to my multi-millionaire female boss tonight and she said it wasn't that great either! But who cares as this is fun central.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

Ghost wrote: What kind of Asian ancestry do you have?
I'm 1/2 Filipino
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You're half-Asian and want to move to Europe? How about France? French girls like Asian men, or how about a place like Germany? There's girls there who like Asian men. I should know. I lived in the U.K. (U.S. Air Force) and traveled around Europe in the early 00s.

Now, with the explosion of K-pop and more Asian sports and pop stars, I'm sure there's been an exponential increase in the number of women who like Asian men in Europe.

Use the website: WorldFriends.com

I think PhoenixSosa recommended that site to me, a few years ago. I never bothered because I went to Asia, not Europe. You should try it out! There's many girls there that are looking for Asian and half-Asian men.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Slick wrote:If Hillary Clinton becomes president in 2017, she'll try to minimum wage to $15 U.S. Dollars per hour. But yeah, it'll be more difficult for men to ever get a job.
And women will get paid 6 figures through affirmative action laws. In more than half of families in America, the wife will be the breadwinner, and the husband will be taking care of the kids (aka Mr. Mom).
Aaaaargh...I don't know how these guys put up with that. Housework and looking after kids day in day out. I'd think I'd top myself before reaching these depths of suffocation and imprisonment.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Here's an article that may interest some H.A. members:

"5 PLACES BLACK PEOPLE CAN MOVE TO WHEN THEY'VE HAD ENOUGH OF AMERICA"
http://www.theroot.com/articles/culture ... erica.html

1.) Thailand

2.) Costa Rica

3.) New Zealand

4.) Hong Kong, China

5.) Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

IraqVet2003 wrote:Here's an article that may interest some H.A. members:

1.) Thailand

2.) Costa Rica

3.) New Zealand

4.) Hong Kong, China

WARNING BULLSHIT HAS BEEN DETECTED

This article was written by a FEMALE (Tomika Anderson)

She has no idea what the f**k she is talking.
She does not have any idea what countries are best for Black men.

ALL COUNTRIES ON HER LIST TREAT BLACK MEN LIKE SHIT.

Even Tomika admits in Thailand "Plenty of African immigrants, who tend to work in large numbers there, report being treated like crap."

-Great places for Black Men who actually want to be happy-
Brazil, Colombia, and Dominican Republic.

I have been to the Dominican Republic. It is Awesome.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Jonny Law wrote:
IraqVet2003 wrote:Here's an article that may interest some H.A. members:

1.) Thailand

2.) Costa Rica

3.) New Zealand

4.) Hong Kong, China

WARNING BULLSHIT HAS BEEN DETECTED

This article was written by a FEMALE (Tomika Anderson)

She has no idea what the f**k she is talking.
She does not have any idea what countries are best for Black men.

ALL COUNTRIES ON HER LIST TREAT BLACK MEN LIKE SHIT.

Even Tomika admits in Thailand "Plenty of African immigrants, who tend to work in large numbers there, report being treated like crap."

-Great places for Black Men who actually want to be happy-
Brazil, Colombia, and Dominican Republic.

I have been to the Dominican Republic. It is Awesome.
Thanks Johnny Law for the correction!!! But I would like to add to your list Belize, Panama, Japan, Australia, and France as good places for black men to go to or at least visit. An E-book written by a BLACK MAN named Steve Love entitled: "BEST COUNTRIES FOR BLACK MEN" can be bought on http://www.amazon.com. Steve's list of countries in his book includes:

1.) Mexico (Monterrey, Oaxaca, Costa Chica)

2.) Belize

3.) Costa Rica (San Jose, Puerto Limon, Puerto Viejo)

4.) Panama (Panama City, Colon)

5.) Colombia

6.) Brazil

7.) Dominican Republic

8.) Bahamas (Nassau)

9.) Cuba (Havana)

10.) Japan (Tokyo)

11.) China (Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou)

12.) Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya)

13.) Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne)

14.) Ghana (Accra)

15.) South Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg)

16.) Namibia (Windhoek)

17.) France (Paris)

18.) Sweden