Hello. I'm on My Last Legs, Here.

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Hello. I'm on My Last Legs, Here.

Post by Zambales »

Eric wrote:
Breakaway wrote:definitely if you are white, GO TO CHINA.

LoL. I like it! I'm a 6'3" tall, thin & good looking guy. I'm going to stand out like a sore thumb there...

I had this similar experience in Turkey when I was little. Even though I was little, I'm very fair skinned, blue eyes...complexion. I definitely stood out and didn't look Turkish. The Turks have a habit of staring at something they don't know, see as interesting or different. They don't mean anything by it - most of them are very, very nice hospitable people; it's a hospitable culture. If you make a friend with a Turk they will be your best friend, loyal to the end... very good friendships. Also the women are great and nice, there. Although sadly, I hear that's slowly changing too.
Anyways, I'm looking forward and can't wait.
Out of all the European countries I've been to (I'm referring it as part of Europe for argument's sake), Turkey is the best country I've visited for those reasons. If you like Turkey though you will love the Philippines as the people are just as nice plus it's a paradise in the way of beaches so I strongly recommend you visiting PH if you can once you get to China.