Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

I Hate Living in America.

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: I Hate Living in America.

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:22 pm

GoingAwol wrote:
KaylieKaylee wrote:I am a US citizen. I really hate living here. People think that it can't be that bad. Only if you are very rich can you live in comfort. I'm jealous of all the stories I see/hear of other countries getting free/cheap healthcare, free/cheap education, etc. People say America is great because of purely materialistic things that don't contribute to happiness. Conventions, movies, an abundance of shitty food we don't need, etc. do not make for healthy citizens and are not vital. Once the high from materialism wears off, one can find that America is nothing more than a breeding ground of entitled and uneducated people.

I am so sick of the wealth divided, having to pay in the literal thousands for sub par education, the lack of public transportation system. We are continuously bombarded by MORE, MORE MORE! I'm sick of people making fun of obesity here as well. If anyone else were born in this country from any of part of the world, they would most likely be obese as well. We are brainwashed and given bigger portion sizes, more additives in our food, just so we can get addicted and buy more. Poor people have little to no access to healthy food because it is expensive. We are told to buy unhealthy and inexpensive food because it's "SOO GOOD". People also don't take into account how much Americans work and how little we have to walk. There is very little access to decent public transportation.

You completely contradicted yourself. Early in the post, you said you envy other countries because they get free healthcare and education, but later in the post you spoke of entitled people and bitched about paying high taxes. Do you not realize that people in other countries get those things (free education and healthcare)because they pay high taxes?

She's a female. Asking her to logic is pointless.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:29 pm

Eric wrote:Already at the airport I talked to a fine Russian girl - had to be over 6 feet tall. She actually was interested in talking to me! She was kind, sweet and effeminate - it was such a surprise! It was in Abu Dhabi. ALso the stewardesses 2 of them were from Portugal, so fine, so hot. It's a different world out here...

Your off to a good start already Eric, let us know how things go for you. :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:37 am

Hi Eric. How are you doing in China? There's a quite few of us 'Happier Abroaders' in China. Where are you in China? I'm in Guangdong Province near Shenzhen and Guangzhou. Would you like to meet up or chat? I have WeChat, so if you want, I can give you my Wechat ID. Also, there's a group of us in a Wechat group. Would you like to join?

Anyway, if you're interested in chatting, you can send me a PM message, and I'll be glad to respond.
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Wolfeye » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:10 am

Yeah, I get that (original post). It's a royal pain in the ass when you want to do something, but know it'll almost definitely be a "Pyrrhic Victory" & there's no point. It's like being on a boat with no water, except the sea water all around- like a mockery, almost. It's truly a bizarre thing that so much is basically a mirage here- even that aggravation people get when you bring more or less ANYTHING up that isn't some kind public relations effort for this country, a lot of THOSE same people get aggravated & talk against those EXACT same thing when another country does it.

I've been wanting to get a family started for a while & I don't know how good an idea that is, but I don't see it working out in America. All people really seem to have is faith in something that's proven constantly to not be trustworthy on numerous occasions. They don't believe in Santa Claus or God, but some kind of totally out-of-character behavior across the board on systemic levels is believable- basically because they want it. Not through force of any kind coming from anyone, but from someone having a pang of conscience & doing these things instead- whatever they might specifically be.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons