Going Abroad, My Story and Reasons

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Katmandu
Freshman Poster

Going Abroad, My Story and Reasons

Post by Katmandu »

I joined this forum a while ago because I agree with most of what's said here about life in the US. However, when I found this forum and joined I didn't really believe I would actually follow through with plans to move to another country, and I haven't posted a whole lot because I don't have much to add to the discussion.

Now my plane ticket is bought and I've obtained my visas (not easy) so I'm going on the adventure I really wanted to do when I was 18 but I was talked out of by my parents.

The reason why I'm leaving is simple. I have a girlfriend in Brazil and the relationship is now pretty serious and we've discussed either her moving to the US or me moving to Brazil. She prefers that I move to Brazil so that's what it's going to be. My Portuguese isn't that great but I learn new languages very quickly once I'm in a country where the language is spoken.

What I've learned from meeting my girlfriend is American dating advice works great in some other countries, in my case Brazil. It just doesn't seem to work in the US. "When you stop looking is when you'll find someone." OK, I'll admit that I gave up and I met her after I had completely given up. However if I were limited to only US women I have a feeling I would never have met anyone after giving up. "Just be yourself." That's actually what I did and apparently just being myself works just fine with women from other countries. I can say from personal experience that "Just be yourself" does not work in the US.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Going Abroad, My Story and Reasons

Post by zboy1 »

Great story, Katmandu.

I wish more people would do the action instead of just talking. But as long as people are deluded into thinking that going abroad is 'dangerous,' and that America is the 'greatest country in the world,' I doubt many people will take the plunge.

There's even those that on the forum that will tell you that they rather live in the messed-up Anglo world than live anywhere else in the world. For those people, they're hopeless.
sunriseesljobs
Freshman Poster

Re: Going Abroad, My Story and Reasons

Post by sunriseesljobs »

With the development of the global economy, more and more people choose to travel abroad, more people choose to live abroad, living in a foreign country, there are good and bad, go out, you will encounter more opportunities.
Sunrise has devoted herself to be one of the best ESL job agencies in China since it's established, by providing ESL jobs, TEFL jobs for esl teachers. For more details, contact sunrise!
http://www.sunriseesljobs.com