What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Expatriation Ragnarok - My Newest Guide for Taking Advantage of Expatriation in These Dark Times

Post by fschmidt »

I read your book. It is well written and I agree with most of it. Your writing is improving. But I will mention the few areas where I disagree.

I disagree on technology. I am a programmer so I am quite familiar with how technology is progressing. And it is no longer progressing. Western culture is no longer capable of making non-trivial advances in technology. All it can produce is new techno-garbage. This means that automation and AI are not real threats.

You talk about the problems from an employee perspective, but the problems are just as bad from an employer's perspective. Western workers are worthless trash. They are all overpaid. I find it absolutely impossible to find a competent employee in the West. And by the way, if anyone is interested in doing some marketing work for me, please contact me.

You consistently undervalue the role of religion. With globalism, geography is no longer what really separates people. Religion is what separates people. One can escape modern Western culture by turning to an alternative religion.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Expatriation Ragnarok - My Newest Guide for Taking Advantage of Expatriation in These Dark Times

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I read the book, and it's more in depth than Expatriation Apocalypse which is more straightforward. And as dire as things were in 2015, the situation appears to have gotten far worse as of recently. Mass shootings on the rise, the #MeToo movement, increasing censorship on social media, SJWs becoming really nasty because of Trump being POTUS, etc.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Ghost wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 7:51 pm
The things I realized in 2015 when I wrote Expatriation Apocalypse were correct, but they were too limited. Back then, I said that the window to expatriation is closing. It is, but like most collapses, it is gradual and will not happen overnight. You will not fall asleep one night, and then wake up the next morning to have your passport revoked by the daddygov. (More than likely.) It will be a process:

Already, men who owe a certain amount in child support (in the U.S.) can have their passports revoked. Renouncing American citizenship is now more expensive than it used to be.
Or anyone who owes the IRS $50,000 in delinquent taxes can have their passports revoked as well; but this is far less likely for the average millennial man.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Ghost wrote:
August 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am
For men in their 20s and 30s, the biggest obstacle to expatriating is financial and economic. In my view, the supply of jobs and money to men has been decreased even more even from three years ago.
My guess is that #MeToo accelerated the process of pushing men out of the workforce (many other men dropped out by choice), and that HR has gotten more feminist and misandrist than even 3 years ago. More and more men have been losing their jobs because of false allegations on social media. And then you mentioned on WeChat how some companies aren't even accepting applications anymore. How insane is that. Wouldn't be surprising that some retailers aren't accepting applications because they're closing hundreds of stores across the country; an increasing number of Americans are shopping online, especially on Amazon. Then again, this is my guess (but the retail apocalypse has been going on for a while already).
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Am I missing something or isn't the unemployment rate, at least in the US, the lowest it has been in a decade?

Are you saying that non-shitty and inexpensive smartphones are a bad thing or did I misunderstand that sentence?

No need to be scared of AI. It will only be able to do what a human programs it to do.
Also, it means better sex robots and companions in the future.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 12:54 pm
Am I missing something or isn't the unemployment rate, at least in the US, the lowest it has been in a decade?
You are missing the fact that the figures are bogus.
Are you saying that non-shitty and inexpensive smartphones are a bad thing
Yes because it turns females into phone zombies and e-sluts.
No need to be scared of AI. It will only be able to do what a human programs it to do.
If AI functioned like a procedural program then it wouldn't be AI.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Cornfed wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:45 pm
Can you prove that?
Only if they allow it to. It can also enrich their lives, as it enriches mine, and in so many ways that it's hard to list them all. Zombies exist, but don't blame the technology.
If AI functioned like a procedural program then it wouldn't be AI.
Explain how to make AI that is not a procedural program.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 20th, 2020, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:56 pm
Cornfed wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 1:45 pm
Can you prove that?
It is just a matter of looking at how the regime defines unemployment now vs. how it was defined in the past.

Only if they allow it to. It can also enrich their lives
They do and it doesn't.
Explain how to make AI that is not a procedural program.
Neural nets and such. You would want to just read about AI.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Cornfed wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 2:36 pm
It is just a matter of looking at how the regime defines unemployment now vs. how it was defined in the past.
Please explain.

That's their own loss when the rest of us are using our smartphones productively. Cheaper and non-shitty are positive qualities we want in our technology.
I knew you were going to say neural nets. That's still procedural programming, as are whatever procedures act upon them.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Ghost wrote:
From my point of view they are bad because they are making women behave worse, i.e. more narcissism, sluttiness, and bitchiness.
They aren't "making" women do anything. Like alcohol, like a car, like a personal computer, like anything, it can be used or it can be abused. I agree that women are behaving worse, but rather than technology I would blame than on men and society as a whole empowering them to that point. Women, like children, should be disciplined a bit more than they are.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 3:02 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Please explain.

That's their own loss when the rest of us are using our smartphones productively. Cheaper and non-shitty are positive qualities we want in our technology.
I knew you were going to say neural nets. That's still procedural programming, as are whatever procedures act upon them.
1. For example, suppose an employer has one full time employee. Suppose he is required to provide full time employees with health care insurance and the costs rise, so he cuts the employee’s hours in half and hires some unemployed guy to do the other half. In the past this would be counted as the loss of a job or no change in the job situation. Now it would be counted as one less unemployed person and one job created.

2. Females are simple creatures and when they are exposed to smartphones they get worse. What they might do in some ideal parallel universe is irrelevant.

3. This sounds like a philosophical argument about whether the universe is ultimately deterministic, which is irrelevant. The point is that AI allows the machine to do things in ways the programmer doesn’t understand or envisage.

Return to “Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons”