Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

My dentist (family friend) just called my parents... he just kicked out his common law girlfriend of 10 years.. She was stealing $6000 from him every MONTH for the last few years.

Crazy eh... just thought I'd post that.
Last edited by FuzzX on May 11th, 2010, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

FuzzX wrote:My dentist (family friend) just called my parents... he just kicked out his common law girlfriend of 10 years.. She was stealing $6000 from him every MONTH for the last few years.
Ridiculous. That's a sick amount of income lost that he could have been using to create a nice lifestyle for himself.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

"I have noticed that once you get a high concentration of western men in one area the women start turning into spoiled bitches."

Just to piggyback on that thought: when I lived overseas, I made it a point to not hang out with the expats much, especially the Anglos. They typically came in two types: the manginas, who were trying to "convert" the native girls into Ameriskanks, and the "Joe Prick" types, who were just boorish drunks, who talked loud, and abused the women and gave Anglos a bad name. Funny thing is, at some of these expat bars/clubs/bistros that they hung out at every night, these Anglo men tended to be just as bitchy and catty as the Anglo women I was so disgusted with. So, even being outside the country, they couldn't leave their mangina training at home. It was unbelievable.

Long story short, I just hung out with natives and other non-English speakers. I was often asked by the natives, "how come you don't hang out with the Americans?". And my simple answer was: "if I wanted to be with Americans, I'd be in the USA".

(Present company excluded, due to the fact that we're all on the same page.....)
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

Well I showed him the site here and he laughed at me... then told my mom to set him up with a nice north american woman who can pay her own way between 32 to 45...

This is why most men don't go overseas.

My mom is the perfect person to set you up with women (If your only criteria is 'gold digger or lonely career woman')
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Repatriate wrote:
ultraviolet wrote: All in all it's not so bad, because if everyone believed it, they'd all stamped abroad and drive up the prices of everything and the manginas would just ruin the women and turned them just like their spoiled Anglosphere counterparts.
I have noticed that once you get a high concentration of western men in one area the women start turning into spoiled bitches. This is especially true in Thailand in particular social circles where there are a lot of white western expats and fewer available english speaking thai women. It really does ruin it because some guys have no social skills and end up being doormats for women. Then other foreign men compete for the same woman so she just keeps raising her requirements seeing as how there's a bunch of chumps chasing her now.

The solution is to be in an area where you have to speak the foreign language or have particular cultural knowledge. This means there's an automatic entry barrier there that blocks out the chumps and widens your own dating pool immeasurably.
Oh yesssssssssssss! I cannot even begin to tell you how much speaking Tagalog or Visaya in the Philippines changes things. I have virtually NO competition because most white guys who come to RP do not speak Tagalog and do not study it. It does not hamper them as much as not knowing Spanish would hamper the Gringo in Latin America, but still, I stand out like some strange " achiever" to Filipinas. It also opens up endless numbers of working class women who cannot speak English.

The problem in Thailand is that there are so many ill behaved expats as well as there are so many arrogant Thais, that they are already greatly prejudiced against you for just being white. If you want to deal with their prejudices, then patently learning Thai as well as proving yourself is the way, but I do not. Not worth my time and effort. I speak Thai but there is now so much bigotry against the white guy already that it may not serve you as well as it should. About as much as it would serve a Japanese guy in Alabama to speak English so that he could meet local gals.

Now, the Philippines is a different story.

It will be a cold day in hell when the Philippines catches up with Thailand in terms of tourism and ' popularity'. The country is just way too off the beaten path and it will ( and should) stay that way.

With all the Westernization and all the efforts to bring tourists here and retirees and all, there are very very few foreigners in the Philippines. I remember once going to a swimming pool resort in Manila and I was the only white guy among many hundreds of people there. I became instantly popular. People would call me to talk to them, kids would appear out of nowhere and start asking me if they could climb my back so that I could ride them across the pool- like some kind of human ferry. An instant celebrity. And if you speak Tagalog, you can get the girls' numbers almost instantly. F$%^ng paradise. God bless the country and keep it all for the few of us that appreciate it!

And the kidnappings, murders and hurricanes/floods will keep hordes of tourists far far away.
Last edited by ladislav on May 11th, 2010, 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

RedDog wrote: Funny thing is, at some of these expat bars/clubs/bistros that they hung out at every night, these Anglo men tended to be just as bitchy and catty as the Anglo women I was so disgusted with. So, even being outside the country, they couldn't leave their mangina training at home. It was unbelievable.
They view other western men as a threat so the "mangina" behavior kicks in and they throw out this kind of insecure catty attitude. A lot of them seem to fancy themselves as saviors to the local women they are with too. They literally think they are rescuing them from a life of hardship even though the girl may be some party girl picked up from a sleaze bar. It's a combination of superiority complex and also cultural insecurity bred from being a man in the west who is used to having everything dictated by women.
Long story short, I just hung out with natives and other non-English speakers. I was often asked by the natives, "how come you don't hang out with the Americans?". And my simple answer was: "if I wanted to be with Americans, I'd be in the USA".
Yeah same here. I've never had anything good happen while hanging around anglo expats. I hate to generalize expats but the worst by far i've met have always been "fellow" Americans and a close second are the Brits. The Brits have some truly atrocious examples of humanity living in Thailand like literally the scum of the earth..pedos, criminals, hooligans, etc..
Nate
Freshman Poster

Post by Nate »

Repatriate wrote:
RedDog wrote: Funny thing is, at some of these expat bars/clubs/bistros that they hung out at every night, these Anglo men tended to be just as bitchy and catty as the Anglo women I was so disgusted with. So, even being outside the country, they couldn't leave their mangina training at home. It was unbelievable.
They view other western men as a threat so the "mangina" behavior kicks in and they throw out this kind of insecure catty attitude. A lot of them seem to fancy themselves as saviors to the local women they are with too. They literally think they are rescuing them from a life of hardship even though the girl may be some party girl picked up from a sleaze bar. It's a combination of superiority complex and also cultural insecurity bred from being a man in the west who is used to having everything dictated by women.
Yeah same here. I've never had anything good happen while hanging around anglo expats. I hate to generalize expats but the worst by far i've met have always been "fellow" Americans and a close second are the Brits. The Brits have some truly atrocious examples of humanity living in Thailand like literally the scum of the earth..pedos, criminals, hooligans, etc..

Wherever I have been, I have seen time and time again how dangerous many anglo expats are ...not just anglo, I would say Euro/American expats...unless you know better and until they prove otherwise, you are safer to assume they might be the scum of the earth. I never divulge my business, or even where I live exactly, until I know a lot more about them. If I am walking down the Divisoria in Cagayan De Oro and I see an expat or visitor walking my way, it is a safe assumption that I should cross the street so as to avoid contact. Just about the worst are the munger/ogres...wife beater T-shirt...food stains on clothing...18 year old (or less) in tow...it might be good timing to duck into a business and avoid him completely.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

Nate wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Wherever I have been, I have seen time and time again how dangerous many anglo expats are ...not just anglo, I would say Euro/American expats...unless you know better and until they prove otherwise, you are safer to assume they might be the scum of the earth. I never divulge my business, or even where I live exactly, until I know a lot more about them. If I am walking down the Divisoria in Cagayan De Oro and I see an expat or visitor walking my way, it is a safe assumption that I should cross the street so as to avoid contact. Just about the worst are the munger/ogres...wife beater T-shirt...food stains on clothing...18 year old (or less) in tow...it might be good timing to duck into a business and avoid him completely.
I have a lot of experience so I can tell bad element from good quickly.

I don't like to spend time with other Americans - I know where 335 Million of them are and I am not in that country now for a reason.

Canadians seem OK. A few older Brits I have met are ok.
But it is wise to assume that the expats you meet will be shifty thugs, especially in Pattaya, Phuket and other such locations.

Those smug bastards in that video would have gotten a beat down from ME, just on general principle and the fact that because they are dicks every white man will be assumed to be a dick as well. Asians are very prejudiced and playing in to those prejudices affects all white tourists.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FuzzX wrote:Well I showed him the site here and he laughed at me... then told my mom to set him up with a nice north american woman who can pay her own way between 32 to 45...

This is why most men don't go overseas.

My mom is the perfect person to set you up with women (If your only criteria is 'gold digger or lonely career woman')
Try printing out my one page pamphlet and distributing it to your mom and relatives, and tell us what they say.

http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet.pdf

I'd love to see what a mainstream person's reaction is to it.

Btw, what is a mangina exactly? Is it a feminist American male or female overseas?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

ultraviolet wrote:

I think the main reason for this is simply because of lack of knowledge.

The idea that women could be sweet, warm and kind by nature is so completely outside the reality of the average man in the Anglosphere, you might as well be telling him that the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus really exists.

I read some stats about how in the US, most people don't even have their passports let alone traveled outside the US. To see is to believe, you can tell someone until you're blue in the face but if they could see it, then they would believe it.

And thus the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

All in all it's not so bad, because if everyone believed it, they'd all stamped abroad and drive up the prices of everything and the manginas would just ruin the women and turned them just like their spoiled Anglosphere counterparts.

I just read this and i knew i didnt have to read more. In it is all the information you need. Everything is perfect and straight to the point.

People are so ignorant and fearful that they would rather die before taking the smallest risk. They spend so many money on houses, cars, and crap. They are all so indebted into their ears that is ridiculous. Yet they couldnt spend a few dollars on a life changing experiment. I once met one guy who spend about 2 grand on a trip to the Ukraine i think and he showed me a pic of a girl. we had just met and we were casually chatting. The girl easily looked like a 10. She was drop dead gorgeous and he was like 50. she was in her early 20's and im like what the f**k did she want to do with this dead beat. Me and some other guy who happened to be there and chat a bit too couldnt believe. she was a bar girl and the guy kept talking about how she really want to move in with him to come here to the U.S. and stuff. I think he also said that he didnt spend money on her. All he did was be himself and buy beer. I was like what the f**k was he smoking. What id give to be with a girl like that. If she had wanted to be with me i wouldve spent the money and crap. He didnt seem to care or be in a rush. He told me he spent a mere 2 grand like it was water. Some of these guys easily make over 100 grand a year over the biggest schemes. if you have realize how much money so many people have yet they spend it so badly.

Anyway, my point here is that any joe can get any hottie if he really wanted to and was willing to do the necessary sacrifaces not that there are many. Then i come here and i see guys drolling over the ugliest, stupidest, fakes bimbos on the planet. bewilders me. Many guys dont even like euro girls cause its not what they are brainwashed to like. they like the fake tans, tits, and personalities. nothing real and nothing smart.

and that saying is far too real for me. Ive told people all my life how to change their lives and make it bettter. most people and i think its at least in this part of the atmostphere are not serous about changing their lives. they consider it nagging and they dont move. They are too lazy to do anything and rather continue rotting away into nothingness. I could tell millions of people how to get a free 5 dollars and they wont do it. shit one time i was in a bus stop and some bum was asking for money. I told him how to get a job in a place i knew where they always hired bumps and he said he was going to go. I constantly told him everytime i saw him if he had gone and to go. He never did. The is a the primary example on how most people are. It comes to a point where i dont give a f**k about them and i just want to live my perfect life and let them lie where they are. They deserve their fate. I have to unbrainwash myself into thinking i was born to help others and to free myself from that sort of thinking and believe my life is the only one that matters.
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Post by Travel Dude »

FuzzX wrote:No matter what the economy looks like, the vast majority always exhibits two major characteristics.

People are Lazy and Scared...

In the days of old, the only people who travelled were sailors in search of adventure, pirates and explorers. The vast majority stayed home and told the tales of those brave few who decided to see the world. It still holds up today.
Most men and women don't belong to the 'Hero Class', and I really believe, it is THAT characteristic which attracts us to foreign people.

The will to change one's circumstances even in the face of adversity.

The other 'travellers' you meet abroad will probably be life long friends or people you remember for the rest of your life. I can't remember half the people I grew up and spent years in school with but I DO recall the names of almost every traveller I met while abroad... and I still talk to most of them.
Fuzzx you make very good points. To add, most Americans extent of travel is staying in a very safe, English speaking, overpriced luxery hotel for one/two weeks in countries like Mexico,Spain,Italy or the Caribbean. They have no idea of what "Traveling" really is.
Jimmy Skiddoo
Freshman Poster

Dateless men's reluctance to go abroad.

Post by Jimmy Skiddoo »

For me the reluctance was unfamiliarity. As a dateless man is would seem a no brainer that I'd go to Brazil or the Philippines. I'd often lament, that there was an inverse proportion between women's desire to meet me and their distance from me. I realized I might do great in places like the Philippines or Brazil, but these were the furthest, while I lived in the NYC area and there were women everywhere who did not want to meet me. I used to look at profile sites of foreign women and even email them sometimes, but could not see how I would go there. Would I just get on a plane and go to a foreign city?
I used to read a guy on the internet, Rion Williams, who said that when he left the US on trips, women were friendly and that he naturally had "game." But in the US it could be easy to be a social dud. I also tried "PUA" and found that I could talk to women, but still not get dates. But as long as I was momentarily interesting, a conversation could happen, but only so long as I was the main one driving it, and when I ran out of things to say, the women would not try to keep the conversation going.
It really happened by accident, because I got contacted by a woman in the Dominican Republic through a dating profile site I was on. I had actually deleted my profile on this site and any others I was on, because I was giving up on personals as a way to solve the problem, but this site only temporarily deletes profiles and then puts them back up.
So, I got an email from this woman, asking if I was looking for a serious relationship, or just playing around. She was coming up here to New Jersey to meet her sister, so after seeing her photos, I said I was interested. I met her, and then later went to her country and stayed with her family. No, this is not my big success story, as this one did not work out - but what it did do is make me see how it was possible to leave my country and that there was a whole world out there - and that this world included women who might be interested in me. I also knew I was done with the US for mate seeking. Shortly afterward, I went to Germany to stay with a Brazilian woman - this also did not work. Yet, I wasn't giving up, because I got the urge to travel, now that I was experiencing it and I loved being in foreign countries and immersed in another language and culture.
Also, when I was there in Germany, and it was not going well with this woman (who turned out to be nothing more than a great tour guide, on my dollar), I thought to myself that the next woman, in whatever country it's going to be, this time it will work. (It did, more of which later.) I figured this time I would go to Greece and stay with a family there and hear and speak nothing but Greek (which I would have to learn if I were to do that).
But events brought me back to the Dominican Republic. A friend of mine sent me a friend request to Tagged, which is a social site and I got on there and started looking for women. My attitude was not to concentrate on any particular woman, but in any case, I would be getting a lot of practice in Spanish. When you friend a woman on there, the next thing they do, if they are interested, is ask you to move to MSN chat and I was practicing a lot of Spanish that way. Next they want you to call, so I got phone cards and called some of them. More practice in Spanish, not matter what the outcome, I told myself.
The woman I am now married got my message on that site and when she saw my pictures, decided I was the one she wanted to be with. (That's not a common reaction from women toward me in the US, that's for sure.) To make a long story short, after a lot of emails, texting and visiting, we are now married.
So, that has been my thoughts on why dateless men are not willing to go abroad. For me it was complete unfamiliarity with the concept.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If I am walking down the Divisoria in Cagayan De Oro and I see an expat or visitor walking my way, it is a safe assumption that I should cross the street so as to avoid contact. Just about the worst are the munger/ogres...wife beater T-shirt...food stains on clothing...18 year old (or less) in tow...it might be good timing to duck into a business and avoid him completely.
Well, next time I am in CDO, I will be wearing a Happier Abroad T shirt or something. Anyway, if I see an expat scuttling to the other side of the street when he sees me, with a lowered gaze and a contemptous grin, I will shout out- Happier Abroad! This way you will know it's me.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Neptune
Freshman Poster

Re: Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

Post by Neptune »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Momopi told me recently that most dateless men in America will not consider going abroad, that's why this site doesn't appeal to most people, even if its message and claims are true.

If that's so, then why are most dateless men in the US unwilling to go overseas? Any theories or explanations?

I thought wanting to travel was part of human nature?
I think that the biggest problem is, how would one make a living if they went abroad? Most people think it would be infeasible simply because they have to earn a living and it is much harder to earn a living in a country when you don't know the language or culture as well. Immigrants to this country are usually stuck with the lowest paying and hardest jobs.

Another thing is that it seems that this overseas dating strategy works mostly just with Asian women. If a guy isn't attracted to Asian women, does the overseas dating strategy work? See if a guy doesn't want an Asian then it isn't really a solution, is it?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

Post by momopi »

Neptune wrote: I think that the biggest problem is, how would one make a living if they went abroad? Most people think it would be infeasible simply because they have to earn a living and it is much harder to earn a living in a country when you don't know the language or culture as well. Immigrants to this country are usually stuck with the lowest paying and hardest jobs.
http://www.monster.com/geo/siteselection/
http://internationalcenter.umich.edu/sw ... dmain.html
http://www.overseasjobs.com/

There are also many US-based or multinational companies that send employees abroad. I used to work for this company with offices around the globe:
http://www.capgroup.com/careers/
http://www.capgroup.com/careers/student ... index.html

I was the primary support person for Asian-Pacific region (Tokyo-HK-SG) for my division, and did a lot of traveling to Asia. I had coworkers in my group who were posted to London, Geneva, and HK offices. We also hosted many associates posted to US offices from abroad. The one mistake that I made was to date a pretty girl from Asia office here on rotation assignment. Let me just say that it's never a good idea to date someone who sat in the cubical next to yours - the relationship did not work out and she sat next to me for 6 months. Very awkward.

The company had a really great program called TAP, which unfortunately I did not qualify for. It's a 2-year global rotation assignment (6 x 4 month global office rotations plus optional nonprofit work abroad) for young college grads from select universities. If anyone is interested, applications for 2012 term will be open next week on Sept 1:
http://www.capgroup.com/careers/student ... d/tap.html