Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Most dateless men won't consider going abroad? Why?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ladislav » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:25 am

gmm567 wrote:I think one of the big reasons is that there is a language barrier. That's why Germany and the Philipines are a good choice. Both are bilingual countires. In Germany a good 85% of the people here speak very good English. There are areas though--the eastern part which was part of the communists block--where only the younger Germans speak good english. Germany truly is an international country. It's quite amazing. You can easily live here without having to speak a word of German.

The Philippines is becoming less and less English speaking by the year. The new generation's English is rudimentary. This is why I studied Tagalog for years. It does help a lot if you speak it.

Germany is an International place? Hmm. OK. This is not how media portrays it. It shows it as a hateful place where people hate anyone who is not German, where skinheads beat non Germans up and where no non German can get a decent job. The women are also nasty and ugly ( a bit better than Americans, though) .

Maybe an Aryan looking American can be treated OK there but again supposedly he should not be looking for a job there.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Mr S » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm

ladislav wrote:The Philippines is becoming less and less English speaking by the year. The new generation's English is rudimentary. This is why I studied Tagalog for years. It does help a lot if you speak it.

Yup, English is getting worse amongst the teens and early twenty somethings, especially if they are coming from the provinces, they can barely speak any English! I can now walk into SM, Robinson's, Landmark and a majority of the workers cannot speak English much. The other day a cashier was actually speaking to me in Tagalog and when I kept answering in English or saying I don't speak Tagalog she just kept trying to communicate in Tagalog! At this rate in 5-10 years it will be like visiting Thailand, China, or Vietnam! You will need to carry around a stupid ass phrasebook in your pocket. I suppose I might as well live in Thailand as the night life is a hundred times better than Philippines, what's the point of coming to Philippines anymore as the best part of it was the locals could speak frigging English! Well not anymore!

I personally don't like Tagalog sounds and I wouldn't waste my time learning it unless I planned on living in Southern Luzon area the rest of my life. I mean other parts of the Philippines speak other native languages so whats the point of wasting ones time on just that one? If you go to Cebu most can't speak Tagalog. If you go to Baguio they don't speak it either. Try visiting the southern big island Mindanao and try navigating through the local cities only speaking Tagalog, you'll get just as far or farther just speaking English to everyone.

Ten years from now there will be no advantage to taking a vacation in Philippines to find a potential GF or wife than other parts of SE Asia, other than perhaps there still being a colonial nostalgia amongst some of the locals in regards to moving and living/working in the USA, their former colonial masters. As there is a large Filipino population in USA flashing their cash and wealth every time they come back to visit their former homeland.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby gmm567 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:24 am

Germany is an International place? Hmm. OK. This is not how media portrays it.

WHich media are you speaking of? The one here in the US , we learn only of the evil Nazi's. There is some skinhead stuff there,but it's mostly about the crime that the turks commit. Yea, it creates animosity. I told one german, you guys need to kick that bunch the hell out of your country. He agreed.

I think the germans would rather not give jobs to foriegners unless all the Germans are employed,but I am not sure that sentiment won't be found elsewhere too. The women are much better looking than American women and they are much more polite. I do look similar to them though-so that might be a factor. I'll write more later.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:28 pm

gmm567 wrote:
Germany is an International place? Hmm. OK. This is not how media portrays it.

WHich media are you speaking of? The one here in the US , we learn only of the evil Nazi's. There is some skinhead stuff there,but it's mostly about the crime that the turks commit. Yea, it creates animosity. I told one german, you guys need to kick that bunch the hell out of your country. He agreed.

I think the germans would rather not give jobs to foriegners unless all the Germans are employed,but I am not sure that sentiment won't be found elsewhere too. The women are much better looking than American women and they are much more polite. I do look similar to them though-so that might be a factor. I'll write more later.

If you are a tall Aryan man then I guess Germany is open to you. I am short and dark and look like a Turk so I should avoid the place like the plague. Most Turks in Germany I think were born there. Kicking them out is gonna be hard.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gmm567 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm

ah, yes...if you look like a turk, you might find Germany an unwelcoming place. But so what, there is always the fillipines; which is welcoming, right?

Just switch countries.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:51 pm

gmm567 wrote:ah, yes...if you look like a turk, you might find Germany an unwelcoming place. But so what, there is always the fillipines; which is welcoming, right?

Just switch countries.

W: How do they treat Asians? Asian men that is?

Why would such educated people like the Germans still be racist?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby gmm567 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

I don't know winston.....I didn't see many asians.

I don't think most germans are racists...the turks aren't liked because of the violent crime they commit. There are
some germans, mostly older ones, who speak of "auslander raus". That means get out if you're not a german. I never encountered that when I was there, but I blend in I am blond , blue eyed.

But I don't see that as being any different than the Hawaiians who want to keep Hawaii for Hawaians. Hawaians are very against other americans coming to Hawaii to live. They descriminate against anyone who isn't an ethnic Hawaiian.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Come to think of it, one asian guy I met online told me he banged several hot German girls that he met on the train there. I don't know him nor have I ever met him, so I can't say how credible he is though.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

So few US men go abroad...

Postby polya » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

US culture indoctrinates men that if they just get this degree, buy this house, get this promotion then they'll find a girl. It takes 20 years to get all this stuff, then the girl just wants a better house, a better job, etc, so its just a viscious circle for men. It impossible to please US women (unless your just out of jail and a total wife beater - then every women will want you).
The media scares us with stories of violence and poverty in the world (funny how the US is racing to the bottom - its just behind Mexico with kidnappings and violence). Then all these strange laws to bring your wife here. Guys should just wake up. I wish I knew what I know now when I was 21 - I'd have been long gone out of the US!!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

sure

Postby barronz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:45 pm

Ignorance from living in a continental country is one reason the great mass of men don't leave the country (Even my brother won't believe me). The other reason is our repressive, hypocritical culture, heavily frowns on men looking for sex. Hence, these sites don't mention that as a reason for men going abroad. This is even apparent at the individual level. It really wrangles me when I meet a 30-something English teacher abroad claiming that he came to Japan for the culture or that he loves teaching? Like, teaching doesn't happen back home, and is open to more opportunity owing to no racial barriers compared to foreign places. If you ever ask these guys about getting a job, these delusional types usually will claim up, not wanting their expat experience duplicated.
Which brings me to the next point, there just isn't very much work available abroad. Sparing finance or IT, I can't think of any field that has any availability for Americans. Most foreign countries are closed to foreigners, either to visas or educational barriers etc. Just see the army of low level English teachers abroad with no hope of advancement.

I have a pharmD. This can allow me to work with drugs, develop, serve them, etc. However, other then the military, I can't think of any way to actually get a decent job abroad. English teaching will ruin ones resume if done too long.

ANY GOOD JOB SEARCHING SOURCE FOR THOSE LOOKING TO EXPAT?
barronz
Freshman Poster

Postby FuzzX » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am

No matter what the economy looks like, the vast majority always exhibits two major characteristics.

People are Lazy and Scared...

In the days of old, the only people who travelled were sailors in search of adventure, pirates and explorers. The vast majority stayed home and told the tales of those brave few who decided to see the world. It still holds up today.
Most men and women don't belong to the 'Hero Class', and I really believe, it is THAT characteristic which attracts us to foreign people.

The will to change one's circumstances even in the face of adversity.

The other 'travellers' you meet abroad will probably be life long friends or people you remember for the rest of your life. I can't remember half the people I grew up and spent years in school with but I DO recall the names of almost every traveller I met while abroad... and I still talk to most of them.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:52 pm

They will not go for a variety of reasons: skepticism, the arrogant belief that American women are the best the world has to offer, fear of the unknown, lack of funds, inability to travel alone, brainwashed by feminists that FW are greencard seeking golddiggers, and the list goes on and on.

The bottom line is WEAKNESS prevents most men from venturing out of the US to find good women. The men who do travel are hunters who exhibit the qualities that serve men well universally.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby globetrotter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:54 pm

jtest28 wrote:I think its either that so many American men are simply very skeptical about women, all women, period. Or they do think foreign women are better but are afraid to go. When I got back from Ukraine, to my surprise there were a lot of men saying to me, "Are you nuts!" and "Weren't you afraid?" I think it's probably a little of both reasons. But money could be another factor too.

Americans are scared of the outside world. MSM pounds this meme into them 24-7-365. They think the rest of the world is a 3rd World Shithole and that you will be shot for your wallet before you make it to your hotel room.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Re: sure

Postby dano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:44 pm

barronz wrote:Ignorance from living in a continental country is one reason the great mass of men don't leave the country (Even my brother won't believe me). The other reason is our repressive, hypocritical culture, heavily frowns on men looking for sex. Hence, these sites don't mention that as a reason for men going abroad. This is even apparent at the individual level. It really wrangles me when I meet a 30-something English teacher abroad claiming that he came to Japan for the culture or that he loves teaching? Like, teaching doesn't happen back home, and is open to more opportunity owing to no racial barriers compared to foreign places. If you ever ask these guys about getting a job, these delusional types usually will claim up, not wanting their expat experience duplicated.
Which brings me to the next point, there just isn't very much work available abroad. Sparing finance or IT, I can't think of any field that has any availability for Americans. Most foreign countries are closed to foreigners, either to visas or educational barriers etc. Just see the army of low level English teachers abroad with no hope of advancement.

I have a pharmD. This can allow me to work with drugs, develop, serve them, etc. However, other then the military, I can't think of any way to actually get a decent job abroad. English teaching will ruin ones resume if done too long.

I was just wondering if anyone knows someone who daytrades online. Ninety percent of the people who do it lose money, but the ten percent of the people who are successful make a killing. It might be worth looking into. All you need is a good internet connection, and you can do it anywhere in the world.
dano
Freshman Poster

Re: sure

Postby Nate » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:57 pm

dano wrote:
barronz wrote:Ignorance from living in a continental country is one reason the great mass of men don't leave the country (Even my brother won't believe me). The other reason is our repressive, hypocritical culture, heavily frowns on men looking for sex. Hence, these sites don't mention that as a reason for men going abroad. This is even apparent at the individual level. It really wrangles me when I meet a 30-something English teacher abroad claiming that he came to Japan for the culture or that he loves teaching? Like, teaching doesn't happen back home, and is open to more opportunity owing to no racial barriers compared to foreign places. If you ever ask these guys about getting a job, these delusional types usually will claim up, not wanting their expat experience duplicated.

I was just wondering if anyone knows someone who daytrades online. Ninety percent of the people who do it lose money, but the ten percent of the people who are successful make a killing. It might be worth looking into. All you need is a good internet connection, and you can do it anywhere in the world.

Daytrading? Feel free to contact me privately...a number of years under my belt....

Nate
Nate
Freshman Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons