China calls out hypocritical U.S.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

China calls out hypocritical U.S.

Post by zboy1 »

Look at how hypocritical the U.S. government looks in criticizing China and its human rights record when our own country's human rights record is just as dismal and pathetic as China! The Chinese have countered by producing its own report on the United States and its pretty damning, LOL!

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com ... =allsearch

China calls out 'overcritical' U.S.

By Fareed Zakaria

Last week, the U.S. State Department released its annual report on human rights around the world. It covers nearly 200 countries, from Tunisia and Egypt and their uprisings, to North Korea and Cuba and the repression in those nations.

The report is an annual State Department tradition, going back nearly four decades. And for the last 13 years, it has been followed immediately by another tradition: a rebuttal.

China has released its own report on America. It says Washington is full of "overcritical" remarks about the world and "turns a blind eye to its own woeful human rights situation."

Let's flip through the two reports…

On the State Department’s report, the China section begins by listing state-sponsored killings, political arrests, known cases of torture, and disappearances. It says Beijing does not respect civil liberties, documenting known restrictions on freedom of speech, freedom of the press, and censorship.

Beijing's report, by contrast, talks about the Occupy Wall Street movement — that its protesters were treated in a "rude and violent" way.

OK, not sure how that's a human rights violation.

Beijing's report also points to the homicide rate in the U.S., going into great length about how the U.S. is a world leader in gun violence.

Again, that's not really a violation of human rights — that's what human beings sometimes do with rights. It may be bad public policy, but it's not tyranny.

But let's not simply dismiss Beijing's report.

On the contrary, I think it would make fascinating reading for Americans, because a lot of the problems the Chinese point out are indeed real problems, whether or not they are violations of human rights.

The report points out, for example, that with 5% of the world's population, we own between 35% and 50% of its civilian-owned guns.

That's crazy and should make us all pause.

The report says the U.S. has the largest prison population in the world per capita, and the highest rate of incarceration. One out of every 132 Americans is behind bars.

The Chinese report criticizes us for high unemployment, for widening the gap between rich and poor — again, not a human rights issue, but an important critique of American society.

The report goes on to criticize our health care system, saying 50 million Americans lack insurance.

It reports education spending cuts. School budgets in New York City have been cut an average of 14% a year for the last five years.

The Chinese say minorities suffer disproportionately in America: 11% of Hispanics are unemployed, 16% of African Americans are jobless.

The report cites inequalities between the sexes, saying women get paid 77 cents on average for every dollar paid for men.

These are all issues worth examining, discussing, and — when possible — improving. America has many problems it needs to fix.

Of course, it would be equally important for the Chinese public to read the State Department report on China. Could a Chinese news network put it on its website maybe?

No, of course not. The report is banned in China, and any website that would dare to publish it would be censored and punished. Now that is an abridgment of freedom of expression — and an example of what a human rights violation looks like.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOx5IBYC ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]
Last edited by zboy1 on June 3rd, 2012, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Check out the comments on the CNN article, LOL! Look at how angry Americans get whenever another country rightly points out the faults of their country! We can criticize other countries, but they have no right to criticize us back, LOL! And of course, many of the foreigners side with China. Even some Americans are beginning to wake up and point out the double-standards of the U.S. government and don't buy into the propaganda, so that's an encouraging sign.

And Fareed Zakaria (a Bilderberg member elite) never bothers to mention the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Guantanamo, or the other illegal and unconstitutional acts committed by the U.S. government on its own people. Nor does he talk about the increasing police state atmosphere of the country, the brutal acts committed by police on civilians, or the buying of politicians in Washington that make communist politicians look saintly in comparison.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Zboy, you're on a roll of not being a f***ing twat, aren't ya? Keep it up, mate! You may just be a non-mangina after all.

But on the real, it's about time SOMEONE called the US of by-God A out! Too many p***y-arse nations in the world, man. Makes me f***ing sick. This may be the spark that starts some kind of chain? We'll have to wait and see!
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: China calls out hypocritical U.S.

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Fareed Zakaria is such a pathetic Illuminati mouthpiece.

Did anyone else notice this one?
The report points out, for example, that with 5% of the world's population, we own between 35% and 50% of its civilian-owned guns. That's crazy and should make us all pause.
No. It is not crazy because the US Guvment is the biggest criminal enterprise on the planet and owning a gun is a VERY good idea.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: China calls out hypocritical U.S.

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

My comment on the article was.
Fareed,
you guys at CNN are not fooling anyone. Even Michael Holmes, who is Australian, will not TOUCH the story that all federal members in both houses of parliament in Australia have been denounced as criminals and we are in the process of forming the Peoples Court of Australia to put them all on trial and remove them. Not even Julian Assange will touch that story.

Or how about the story that the entire membership of the IRISH parliament have also been denounced as criminals and the government as not legitimate and we are establishing the Peoples Courts of Ireland to put them all on trial. How about you guys at CNN mention a few of the REAL stories going on, eh?
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I thought Fareed Zakaria's report was pretty biased toward the US.

But let's face up to it, the US has a poor human rights record these days. Which country detains people without trial and blows up families using pilotless drones?

Good job you guys can own as many guns as you want!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
BEIJINGSHOTS
Freshman Poster

Post by BEIJINGSHOTS »

zboy1 wrote:Check out the comments on the CNN article, LOL! Look at how angry Americans get whenever another country rightly points out the faults of their country! We can criticize other countries, but they have no right to criticize us back, LOL! And of course, many of the foreigners side with China. Even some Americans are beginning to wake up and point out the double-standards of the U.S. government and don't buy into the propaganda, so that's an encouraging sign.

And Fareed Zakaria (a Bilderberg member elite) never bothers to mention the Patriot Act, the NDAA, Guantanamo, or the other illegal and unconstitutional acts committed by the U.S. government on its own people. Nor does he talk about the increasing police state atmosphere of the country, the brutal acts committed by police on civilians, or the buying of politicians in Washington that make communist politicians look saintly in comparison.
most of those angry americans are shills. normal americans accept that their government is fascist. anyone who is black, hispanic, muslim, or working class has come to terms with it. i've been to both countries, and the usa is by far much worse when it comes to human rights. you can see the fear in the americans eyes, and the despair too, particularly the working class. many americans would probably leave, but the propaganda in america is so strong that most americans believe they live in the best place in the world. and american puts out so much slander about other countries such as China, they would never even think to look there for refuge. i guess huey newton was way ahead of his time, because he went to China, and he said he never felt liberation until he went to China. granted China has changed, but still it is a lot better in terms of human rights than usa.