Top Travel Destinations in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Top Travel Destinations in the Philippines

Post by Winston »

According to one Couchsurfer:

http://www.couchsurfing.com/group_read. ... st=1682072

The wanderlust in me could find every good reason to explore or get away from it all. Wandering around the country brings a fulfillment of joy and discovery of our natural and cultural beauty. Furthermore, I don't have a desire to just travel; my perennial search gives a meaning to my affair with curiosity, to experience everything new around me, like it is always the first time. This 2008 as I rest my backpack and traveling shoes I summed up my personal top 5 destination picks of my Philippine travel.

1. Batad Village, Banaue:

Exploring the Cordillera region finds my pursuit for the world acclaimed rice terraces. Truly, these cascading landscapes over the rugged mountains resemble a stairway to heaven. I am lucky to encounter Mang Ramon homestay in Batad, where I lived with the locals, slept in a century old mud hut and experienced genuine Ifugao tradition( rice planting, wine making, etc.) as the community shared their proud culture before my very eyes. This remote village is 2 hours away from Banaue town by transport and requires another 2 hours of hiking skills over the steep ridge into the bowl shaped valley.

2. Apo Island, Negros Occidental:

Known as one of the smallest volcanic islands in the country, it is also home of wonderful diverse marine sanctuaries. Thanks to the effort of the locals and Siliman University Marine and Biology Department, the whole island is dedicated to preservation of our marine wealth. I am blessed to swim with schools of giant jackfish, anemones and sea turtles above the orchestra of colorful live corals. It is a reminder to all of us that man and nature can co-exist in a beautiful significant way.

3. Baras Island, Jordan, Guimaras:

With only 15km south of Iloilo City, the simple resort offers the weary soul comfort of a stress free environment. The rooms are strategically located above the limestone rocks which offer the view of refuge and the calm sea. I grab lickety-split my snorkeling gear to see the interesting coral formations and swim to nearby underwater caves and solitary shores. What makes Baras different is the old charm of unpretentious, quiet and natural foliage of an undisturbed beach island.

4. Sagada, Mountain Province:

One of the country's difficult to reach regions mainly because of poor roads and unstable conditions. The nomad in me couldn't be hindered. I am greeted by picturesque view of mountains and valleys adored by pine trees, dramatic outcrops and a peaceful community. The journey is breath taking scenery and not for the faint hearted. In Sagada resides the work of the cosmos with the order of the town and the impressive caves, waterfalls, hanging coffins and tribal traditions which are much preserved. One of the greatest moments of my life is sitting with my warm native coffee enjoying the fresh climate and observing a different world in serenity and peace.

5. Bacuit Archipelago, El Nido town, Palawan:

Who said traveling to El Nido costs a fortune? I only paid 300 pesos/night for a bungalow cottage in the heart of the pristine beach. The view of limestone formations and enchanting lagoons recalls the intrepid traveler the definition of paradise. The quaint fishing town offers a myriad of cozy cafes, budget inns and friendly people. By hiring a motorboat or kayak to explore the other island's secluded beaches, you can own a piece of utopia for a day.

I am back in Iloilo City and retreat to my so-called usual life; I have witness and wonder the beauty of our country and each destination was never just a place, but an adventure and experience of learning. I then realize how beautiful it is to explore and travel and return to a familiar place called home.

http://www.coffeethursday.blogspot.com
Last edited by Winston on June 20th, 2012, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I'm definitely sold on Sagada. Check out this site and you'll see why.
It's a nice mountain town north of here with caves and waterfalls. Check out this nice site about it. It has definitel sold me!

http://www.visitsagada.com

Oh and check out how cheap things are there. You can get a hotel for $5 a night and go on a guided tour of the caves and waterfalls for a few dollars!

http://www.visitsagada.com/2008/05/25/sagada-budget/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Winston, these may be interesting places, but the place to go in the Philipines would be the place with the sexiest and cheapest bargirls.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MatureDJ wrote:Winston, these may be interesting places, but the place to go in the Philipines would be the place with the sexiest and cheapest bargirls.
For a while maybe. But that tends to be true if you haven't had any in a long long time :P

Plus, the place with the wildest and cheapest bar girls usually has dirty streets and air, and not everyone can endure that.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone is interested in Bohol, here is an extensive list of accommodations and resorts there, posted in PinoyExchange:

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/sho ... p?t=339132

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Man.... I wish couchsurfer would stop spilling the beans.

Thsoe remote parts of the Philippines don't have that Metro-Manila/Luzon snobbery.

Those parts need to be left alone and to be left for people there that can handle keeping those remote parts of the RP non-skankish.

I met a woman with a J-Lo body from an "off the beaten path" part of the Philippines....and we keep in touch TIL THIS DAY. She has no kids and still has a small waist and a fat ass and a half!

The only reason why I think I was able to claim her was because if she were in Manila, she would be jaded and/or a hustler. Suburban women > Urban Cowgirls most of the time!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Top Travel Destinations in the Philippines

Post by Winston »

10 of the most beautiful beaches in the Philippines

https://wanderwisdom.com/travel-destina ... O-PARADISE

This webpage sounds a bit overly positive though. Lol

Is that pink beach at the top for real? How do u find it? It doesn't even say.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

10 Most Beautiful Beaches in the Philippines

https://www.expatkings.com/10-most-beau ... ilippines/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check out this scenic 4K video of aerial footage from drones over the beaches of the Philippines. It looks like a paradise.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://news.yahoo.com/philippine-airli ... 11982.html

Full article click on the link above

Philippine Airlines exits US bankruptcy
Philippine Airlines has said it has emerged from bankruptcy after a US court approved its plan to slash up to $2 billion in debt and obtain additional capital.

The national carrier of the Philippines had filed for bankruptcy in the United States in September, seeking relief from creditors as it tried to survive the devastation unleashed on the airline industry by the coronavirus pandemic.

Its court-approved reorganisation plan includes a $2 billion debt reduction and additional liquidity of $505 million from its main shareholder, PAL said in a statement Friday.

It also has the option to obtain up to $150 million in additional financing from new investors.