N/A

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

N/A

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 13th, 2013, 4:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Exod
Freshman Poster

Post by Exod »

Congratulazioni / congratulations. :)

A second passport is a smart move, nowadays. I'm investigating the matter myself.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

It took me 4 years to get it, I'm currently looking at the Italian job market which isn't good as well (about the same for unemployment as Los Angeles).
Exod
Freshman Poster

Post by Exod »

eurobrat wrote:It took me 4 years to get it, I'm currently looking at the Italian job market which isn't good as well (about the same for unemployment as Los Angeles).
If you have a degree from a renowned US university and some current marketable skills maybe you can find something in the North (Lombardy, etc.), if you speak Italian fluently. Native English speakers are quite a commodity, they can work as translators, PR agents, GROs, liaisons, etc...

Although many Italian companies are actually moving Eastward, especially call centers. One guy I know works in Budapest. He's paid a pittance by Italian standards, probably even South Italian standards, but by local standards he's middle class.
Last edited by Exod on October 21st, 2012, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

There's my problem, I know about 8 words of Italian
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

This is interesting. My maternal grandfather was from France and I speak relatively fluent French, so would it be possible for me to obtain French citizenship? If so, that would allow me to live and work anywhere in the EU! What would the process be?
Last edited by AmericanInMexico on October 21st, 2012, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

AmericanInMexico wrote:This is interesting. My paternal grandfather was from France and I speak relatively fluent French, so would it be possible for me to obtain French citizenship? If so, that would allow me to live and work anywhere in the EU! What would the process be?
Should be possible. Germany is the only country I know of that forces you to pick one or the other. They make Turks do it all the time even if they were born in Germany. There are lots of people that a problem with this, so I expect this to get fixed sometime after the financial crisis is ended.

In any case, you can get dual citizenship from France.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

djfourmoney wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:This is interesting. My paternal grandfather was from France and I speak relatively fluent French, so would it be possible for me to obtain French citizenship? If so, that would allow me to live and work anywhere in the EU! What would the process be?
Should be possible. Germany is the only country I know of that forces you to pick one or the other. They make Turks do it all the time even if they were born in Germany. There are lots of people that a problem with this, so I expect this to get fixed sometime after the financial crisis is ended.

In any case, you can get dual citizenship from France.

Lithuania also forces you to pick one or the other. They don't allow dual nationalities unless you are a descendant of a Lithuanian citizen who fled prior to 1940 soviet occupation and it only allows dual nationality for children and grandchildren of the people who fled during that time. Otherwise you have to pick one or the other. This has been an issue for a long time because a lot of Lithuanian citizens who live in western countries want to be able to have dual nationality and the Lithuanian constitution doesn't allow it and even there's been a lot of lobbying about it on the Lithuanian parliament but it never goes through when it's brought up.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

France

Post by eurobrat »

France will give you citizenship without heritage, you just need to live there for 5 years.

France runs off Jus Soli which means if you were born on French territory you deserve French Citizenship.

Each country takes a different stance on dual-citizenship
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Bout damn time, eurobrat. I guess once you've lived in the American midwest, you would gladly purchase a citizenship elsewhere. These forum members just don't fully understand our plight, son.
:D

Buona fortuna, mi amico!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Bout damn time, eurobrat. I guess once you've lived in the American midwest, you would gladly purchase a citizenship elsewhere. These forum members just don't fully understand our plight, son.
:D

Buona fortuna, mi amico!
Thank's ATIM, yes the midwest is pretty bad.

The amount of obese women is astonishing, also I have never seen so many Mangina's in my life. Although feminism is just as strong if not stronger here on the west coast at least there's decent eye candy and a decent supply of foreign women of all kinds in the metro area's like L.A., San Francisco and Seattle.

I am looking to get out of here ASAP though :twisted:
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Congratulations! Don't you just love Passports? They look really cool and they smell like money...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

My Italian one smells like Olives for some reason.
WPO
Freshman Poster

Post by WPO »

eurobrat wrote:It took me 4 years to get it, I'm currently looking at the Italian job market which isn't good as well (about the same for unemployment as Los Angeles).
4 years for the passport or the citizenship?
Go east, young man. Go east
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

3 years for citizenship and 4 for the passport

Return to “General Discussions”