Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I'm free! ...I think

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:Well, I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I posted here semi-regularly sometimes and was a perpetually worried chickenshit about going abroad. Anyway, I've said "f**k it" in many ways and now I'm doing what I want to do a lot more.

The last year and half of my life was an awakening of sorts.

I learned of MGTOW, and took all the red pills there are.

I realized what really matters in my life and what I want to do.

I worked a shitty, dead end, (near) minimum wage job at a place that was dominated by sociopathic jerk-offs and the typical feminist "men-bad-women-good" corporate culture.Two months ago, shortly after being stabbed in the back by a coworker (guess what her gender was...) and harassed by a moronic boss, I left in the night, saying "f**k it, time to do something worthwhile that I believe in." In a moment, I moved back home and had no job. But you know what? It made me free.

I now do things for my own benefit, to make a way in life (including a living, at some point.) I'm trying to make income online, and I'm writing a book, a novel, which is something I have always wanted to do but never did due to self-doubt. And I've got ideas to write books for a decade on end. I may never make a million from it, but f**k it, I am doing it because I love doing it!

Later this year, I am going on a cruise with my best friend, and it's going to be the best f***ing trip I've ever had.

Not long after I quit my job I finally got my f***ing passport. It's an instrument for my freedom.

After the first of the year, my window is January-March to get an ESL job and finally hop on the f***ing plane. I've been far too afraid of that for far too long. Maybe there won't be any jobs left anywhere in the world by then. After the election and a January 1st fiscal cliff, maybe the whole f***ing world is dead in the water. But I can't worry about that. If it isn't to be, then there are still things to do where I am. But I want to get out. I have to see if there is a better way, a place to have a decent job, a place without feminism, a place without this rotten, dog-eat-dog culture. There has to be a better way.

It's not even just about women anymore.

I know that if I never explore the world and see what is out there, then I will have a huge stack of regrets when I die. I want out of this first-world-third-world-feminist-insane-dog-eat-dog-consumption-and-working-a-dead-end-job-is-the-greatest-good culture.

f**k it! I'm free!
You are indeed free.

Thanks for posting.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow. Well if you like Chinese women then you're welcome to join me in China. I'm going mid-Feb '13. I've just rage quit my job, and now I'm packing my things. Get a teaching certificate and you're in.

USA folk are sometimes too fixated on the economy. Well the rest of the world doesn't care about fiscal cliffs or Obama/Romney.

If you're in a little microniche then it will all pass you by. Education booms in recessions anyway. If China goes bad then learning English will get even more popular than it is now.

China is hoovering up experts as well, which is good if you have a niche. I'm gonna go and study at a Uni. But once word gets out that I have 15+ years experience of working in UK higher education, I doubt they'd want me to waste my time there studying when I could be helping them build an even bigger Uni . :D
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Ghost I'm glad you posted this. I'm happy you realızed and are willing to fınally put your fears aside and go after what you want. Everything you said about American culture is spot on. I'll also add to what you said....shallow-minded-ignorant-cellphone loving-ethnocentric-culture. I'm in Turkey right now and I wish I could stay for a month and explore other neighboring countries. But that's not possible. So I'll be sitting back in my cubicle next Monday. Yes, I have a job to go back to but, like you, I would like to escape and do what I really want to. Eventually I will in the near future. My advice to you is just stay focused and put your heart into what you love. Also now that you have your passport it's your ticket to discover what the world has to offer. There's so much to explore and it'll make you a smarter and more confident man. Do it brother!
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Good for you! I like the part about "it's not for women but I'm doing it to see the world"- great attitude! Your job sounded lousy, especially if your were paid shitty wages and spent it all on rent, food - you're better off living at home and not paying all your wages away.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 25th, 2018, 7:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Enjoy freedom! I love this song, video is right on the spot. These guys are from Moldova/Romania.

"I don't wanna wait, not one more minute!"

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:I've been graduated for over two years and my degree is education/English, so I should have gone abroad a long time ago! Fear is a powerful thing.

You know, Xiongmao, I have never really considered that about education booming in a recession. One of my fears is that I will go abroad and the U.S. economy will collapse, or the fiscal cliff will take us down too far, and the ESL jobs abroad will disappear. I guess one thing I am worried about though is this gap in my work experience. I'm going to put on my resume that I am a writer (which I am, I just don't make money from it...yet.) And I'm going to start a little tutoring business to make some money and have it for my resume. You sound pretty knowledgeable about ESl. Do you think that a work history gap would matter too much?

But these things never seem to come! Collapse is always in the future. I've been "concerned" with it for a few years but it never gets here! Ergo, my real problem is fear holding me back. I've been worried the U.S. will collapse and the ESL opportunities will all vanish overnight. But if other places in the world are hurting economically, they may just want more English teachers.
Listen to Xiongmao and fly to China. You will change your life.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

OTB, would you agree that the U.S. is a third world country in disguise? Because I definitely think it is. And my generation especially will not have a good future. Young men don't have any rational chance of finding a girl in the West. And there are no decent jobs, and sometimes none at all for us. (And getting to be that way for everyone.) Fear is too powerful, but what is there to be afraid of for me, for any man in the West? There's nothing here for us, so being afraid of failure makes no sense! So that's how I know I have to move on.
That's a good question Ghost.This makes me think. From looking at how things are now with more jobs being outsourced, a lack of jobs for college graduates, our high level debt, a high rate of crime in many cities throughout the country, a large number of people on public assistance and the needed repair of our infrastructure are some of the reasons it's becoming a third world country rapidly. I definitely believe the US is in disguise. İt's made to seem like some paradise but it's far from that. I definitely consider it a ghetto culture with its glorification of rap music and gangster thugs.
And until I leave I'm still happier at home because I decided to be a writer, which is what I really want to make something good of in my life, and I hope make money too.
That's exactly what I want to do. I want to do freelance writing.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ghost wrote:By the way, since I have talked about writing...

Well, I am mostly interested in creative writing, primarily short stories and novels. I'm almost done formatting my first novel and am getting it ready to publish it through Amazon as an e-book. I am planning to charge 99 cents per copy until I begin to make a name for myself. I do want to make money, but that is a process and for a writer, building a name is vastly more important than making money fast.

After that, I may start working on a collection of short stories as my second book. I love dystopias and apocalyptic stories, so my ideas are largely for books with those settings.

Would anyone be interested in a feminist dystopian novel?
Good luck. I've had a 24,000 word novella -- murder mystery in a political context, so an established genre -- on Kindle for over four months at 99 cents per, and haven't sold a one. Amazon is pretty saturated by now. Maybe lightning will strike for you.

And yes on the feminist dystopia.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 25th, 2018, 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Good on you my friend, seriously you cannot make a bad decision when it comes to travel.

I cannot wait til I am free once my children hit 18 then I intend to leave this place for major travel time!

Return to “General Discussions”