On my way to Thailand!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

On my way to Thailand!

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

What's up guys! :lol: Wow! I'm really excited. Within the next week I will be purchasing a ticket to Thailand, and I will be in Thailand next month.

This is my first time out of the country so I'm only staying for 2 weeks, but if I like it, next year I will plan for a 1 month vacation.

Story short, I plan on traveling all around Bangkok Thailand via the Skytrain and I'm really looking forward to meeting the local women to see how friendly they are.

On a side note, if I could show you guys the faces of the American women who asked me where I'm going. LOL! This one American girl gave me a perma scowl/disbelief look that I was traveling to Thailand. Another American woman had this, "take me with you" kind of look on her face.... On the other hand, my Korean friends are asking me to buy stuff for them because they know things are cheap. ha ha....

Anyhow, if all goes well, I hope to have a trip report (good or bad) for you guys sometime in December.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Best of luck!
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good luck on your trip NA Guy! Try to do things beside mongering because Thailand is a beautiful country with a fascinating culture. I know when I went to Thailand, I was fascinated by all the temples I saw there, the delicious foods I ate, the awesome beaches, and the laid-back lifestyle that is virtually non-existent in the United States. The city of Bangkok is pretty awesome as well--and as you mentioned, lots of good shopping opportunities in the country!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

:lol: "permascowl"
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

I'm so excited guys! I just got my ticket....
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

That's great news man. Let us know how things go and enjoy every minute of the adventure. I'll be heading back Saturday from Turkey. I hate going back.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Have a great trip and hope you can keep us posted. :)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, it's gonna be nice to get a trip report from Thailand. More people here seem to go to the Phillies or China these days.

Are you gonna find a wife, or just do some R&R?

My uncle has a Thai woman, she's really nice apparently but I've not met her yet. One of my ex-colleagues has a Thai wife and their mixed daughter is adorable.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Thanks guys!

@xiongmao: It's for R&R but I'm also going to experience the different culture as well as to see if I could ever live in Thailand permanently.

I'm very excited because I have heard that for many people going to Thailand was a life changing experience for the better.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:Thanks guys!

@xiongmao: It's for R&R but I'm also going to experience the different culture as well as to see if I could ever live in Thailand permanently.

I'm very excited because I have heard that for many people going to Thailand was a life changing experience for the better.
Try not to get herpes! :wink:
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Good stuff dude, enjoy and do not have high expectations especially in BKK, there are women there but I can see you ending up in nana, soi cowboy, patpong or khao san rd, they are all touristy places and its all money money BUT since you only going to be there for 2 weeks it should be ok

BKK is crowded and busy city that never sleeps
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Have a great time - your money will go a long way as most things are cheap. Leave plenty of room in your bags for souvenirs, cheap cologne, DVDs, etc!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Dragon wrote:

Try not to get herpes! :wink:

lol!
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

polya wrote:Have a great time - your money will go a long way as most things are cheap. Leave plenty of room in your bags for souvenirs, cheap cologne, DVDs, etc!
Yes, I'm excited about the shopping. I want to visit the Chatuchak outdoor market...

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Quick question guys: I'm going to wear a 120 pair of Nike running shoes... Do I have to worry about somebody trying to rob me for my shoes in Thailand? Will people think I have money for wearing expensive running shoes?