Bluehost - The best webhost, only $4.95 a month!

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

Bluehost - The best webhost, only $4.95 a month!

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
If any of you are planning to start a website and looking for a webhost, I highly recommend Bluehost. They have UNLIMITED hosting, space, transfers and domain for only $4.95 a month, the best deal you can possibly get. Plus they are known as the web's most reliable host with the best security and customer service! Every webmaster I know recommends them too. Check out their deal at my affiliate link below. Thanks.

http://www.bluehost.com/track/wwu777

Last edited by Winston on April 17th, 2014, 4:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah they're pretty good. I use Hostgator which has a similar thing - I've got dozens of sites and subdomains on one account!

Godaddy are better for managing domains though.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is a short video from Bluehost that gives you an inside look at who they are, why they're the best and most reliable with the best customer service, and what they offer that other webhosts don't.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

Winston, are you moving HA to Bluehost soon?
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

noog wrote:Winston, are you moving HA to Bluehost soon?
No, because:

1) The process of moving a site to another webhost is complicated, not simple.
2) Bluehost doesn't allow adult content, so if I ever decided to allow adult content here someday, I couldn't use them. I prefer to keep that option open rather than closed. Plus, if people post adult content here and I don't even know about it, Bluehost would give me a hard time about that. The less potential trouble the better.
Last edited by Winston on January 29th, 2013, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hostgator allows sexy content :)
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We are finally moving to Bluehost. See announcement and updates here:

viewtopic.php?t=22773

Please save your new forum posts in the meantime, in case they get lost during the migration. You can just save them in an offline file like Notepad or MS Word.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Bluehost - The best quality webhost, only $4.95 a month!

Post by Tsar »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
If any of you are planning to start a website and looking for a webhost, I highly recommend Bluehost. They have UNLIMITED hosting, space, transfers and domain for only $4.95 a month, the best deal you can possibly get. Plus they are known as the web's most reliable host with the best security and customer service! Every webmaster I know recommends them too. Check out their deal at my affiliate link below. Thanks.

Do they have a website builder? What if I already have domains on GoDaddy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Tsar wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi all,

Do they have a website builder? What if I already have domains on GoDaddy?
Yes they have a website builder. Several of them. I am in their hosting panel right now. It's far better than the Godaddy hosting panel.

They can migrate your sites from Godaddy for $99. Pretty good deal.

If you have domains on Godaddy, you can leave them with Godaddy and just change the nameservers on them to Bluehost servers, which only takes a few seconds. Or you can transfer the domain names to Bluehost from the Bluehost cpanel, which only takes a few days and is free.

Check them out using my affiliate link so I can get credit if you sign up with them. :)

Click on Live Chat on their website. Their reps will answer all your questions.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

We are now on Bluehost's server. See announcement here:

viewtopic.php?t=22773

Let me know if this site performs better on their server. But we are on their shared hosting. We will be moving to dedicated hosting and have our own server, which will raise the performance and ranking of this site.

MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

Yeah I have a few friends who swear by Bluehost. They seem good.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

For anyone interested in starting a new site or seeking a new webhost, here's a new promo from Bluehost. My affiliate link is below. :)

"Hi Winston,

We're kicking Cyber Monday into high gear! Our monthly hosting may be the same, but we are adding a special addition for your followers.

Everything below, PLUS 50% off site migration!
Shared hosting as low as $2.65/mo!
$29 MOJO Bundles (valued at $500+)
20% off SiteLock
50% off Domains
40% off Backup, and more

As always, don't forget to share your personal tracking link: https://bluehost.com/track/wwu777

This sale ends at midnight and so do your chances of increased commissions! Let us know if you have any questions.

Best,
Bluehost Affiliate Team
affiliates@bluehost.com "

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

How about free hosting (with no banner ads). zettahost.com

1000 MB Disk Space
5 GB Monthly Traffic
1 Domains Hosting
MySQL
PHP5, Perl
24/7 Support
Joomla&Wordpress Installer
Email Sending (SMTP ON)

Now if you have a small basic website this will suffice. Who needs more than 1000 MB Disk Space? The only thing that concerns me is if you have more than 5 GB Monthly Traffic (~266 mb / day). A competitor could drain your bandwidth then your website would stop working (unless you choose a paid plan). Their paid plans start at 24EUR/yr.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If its free then its gonna be really shitty quality server. Use your common sense. Where does the money come from to pay for their hosting costs if they have no advertisers?

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

I just told you they have paid hosting plans if you need more than what's included in the free hosting.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on December 1st, 2017, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.