Why do we always see pro pics of girls on dating sites?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Why do we always see pro pics of girls on dating sites?

Post by marklambo »

I've noticed that in all of these international dating sites, the profiles of pretty much all the women have photos taken that are all done professionally. It is nice to see good images but you don't see too many "normal" photos of these girls. Because of this, I completely avoid talking to girls that are anything less than 9s because there is a good chance that if you're talking to a 7, she might really be a 4 or 5 in real life without the professional images. Even ugly trolls on these sites have their images taken professionally. Dating sites from the USA is so different, it's the complete opposite. Most photos you see of the girls are just regular pics and only some use professional images. Has anyone else noticed this or wondered about this?
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Why do we always see pro pics of girls at the dating sit

Post by Dragon »

marklambo wrote:I've noticed that in all of these international dating sites, the profiles of pretty much all the women have photos taken that are all done professionally. It is nice to see good images but you don't see too many "normal" photos of these girls. Because of this, I completely avoid talking to girls that are anything less than 9s because there is a good chance that if you're talking to a 7, she might really be a 4 or 5 in real life without the professional images. Even ugly trolls on these sites have their images taken professionally. Dating sites from the USA is so different, it's the complete opposite. Most photos you see of the girls are just regular pics and only some use professional images. Has anyone else noticed this or wondered about this?

Depends on the site and women of origin. Generally I distrust professional model images as that is all sorts of red flags. Scammers haunt the international dating scene with their fake/deceptive photographs. You'd be surprised how ugly women are when not in make-up or shown in a professional light. Make-up or lighting really does wonders. Also there's digital manipulation. I saw a video of photoshop somewhere that turned a really fat latina into a beauty queen. It only took the guy like 20 minutes to make it happen. So I wouldn't put too much stock on the pictures.

I understand the sentiment of appreciating girls trying to look good for their profiles, but it should depend on the degree of it. Pictures of a girl posing in a nice dress at a park seems pretty decent. Professional studio pictures are just a case of trying too hard and I would never contact women with those kind of pictures. Again, major red flags.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Nearly every single photo advertised on happier abroad is photoshopped to a high art form. It's really quite pointless to judge beauty metrics by internet pixels.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Many women do waste money on professional pics, whereas not many men do.
Exod
Freshman Poster

Post by Exod »

They want to appear better than they are. I suppose the mentality is different... they don't consider themselves "prizes" and know they're competing with other stunning women, so they want to optimize.

And unfortunately they manage to do so. Your numbers are pretty much spot on. A 5 can easily be propelled to 7/7.5 with Photoshop. Even 8, if it's a professional photo with strategically placed lighting. That's why I'm skeptical of the personals.

I generally prefer Asian dating sites for this reason. Most photos there are real. "Normal" camera shots or webcam/phone shots, which often have the opposite effect.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Most of the women on my site have posted their normal photos.

Winston likes promoting the AFA/Anastasia sites and they take studio photos of most of their women. Of course these sites will charge you more.

It's also a bit of a cultural thing, especially in China where most women will go and get some studio photos done, even if they're not looking for a husband. My first gf even had her baby photos "photoshopped".
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Everdred
Freshman Poster

Post by Everdred »

xiongmao wrote:It's also a bit of a cultural thing, especially in China where most women will go and get some studio photos done, even if they're not looking for a husband.
Probably 90% of the women I knew in China had these photos taken, no matter how young or how old they were. Just look at any Chinese woman's Qzone profile, and there's a 50/50 chance she will have professional studio shots of herself or of her children. And believe me, these studio shots and reality can be DRASTICALLY different. The amount of Photoshopping done in most of these studio shots is absurd. Usually the woman's skin will be several shades whiter, she will be much more shapely, and her face will be much more clear than it appears in-person. I know a young woman at my last job in China who was about a 2.5 in person, but a 6 in her studio shots. A 2 to 3 point increase is the average for most women.

Another thing to be careful of with Chinese women is MANY of them wear push-up bras and those bodysuits that make their belly, waist, and hips look slimmer. This is especially true for Chinese women who are 35 and up. I speak from experience. Some Chinese women look very nice with their clothes on, but as soon as their clothes come off, you may be in for a big surprise!
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

If you have a trained eye, you can easily spot and notice most of the time if the woman will look decent enough in real life or not. A lot has to do with really analyzing her picture from multiple angles. If she only has like 2-3 photos, it's usually best to be even more careful. Girls that have a mix of a lot of pro shots and some real shots, you can make an easier determination as to how they most likely will appear in real life. But the ultimate method is to find some you like, talk to them, and get them to go skype / webcam so you can see how they really look. There are a few girls I'm talking to now and this seems to be working well for me. I'm creating a line up of chics now for my trip to Europe. I'm pretty excited about it. International dating sites are definitely a lot better than the ones in the US. The response rate is so much better.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Exod wrote:They want to appear better than they are. I suppose the mentality is different... they don't consider themselves "prizes" and know they're competing with other stunning women, so they want to optimize.

And unfortunately they manage to do so. Your numbers are pretty much spot on. A 5 can easily be propelled to 7/7.5 with Photoshop. Even 8, if it's a professional photo with strategically placed lighting. That's why I'm skeptical of the personals.

I generally prefer Asian dating sites for this reason. Most photos there are real. "Normal" camera shots or webcam/phone shots, which often have the opposite effect.
I think you make perfect sense here. The girls in the US don't really need to compete too much because men will flock to them even if they are nasty 5s or obese. You'll see profiles of women with sweat pants and a sweat shirt on and still they are picky as can be. Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend of mine and this girl came to the restaurant by herself and she was wearing sweat pants, flip flops, sweat shirt, and no make up. My friend I was with has done a lot of traveling to many countries and he told me that you won't see such a thing in Europe. He says that women will sometimes dress up even if they are just going to the store to buy something. And the funny thing is that if you do see a girl dressed up here going to a store to buy something (which is rare of course) , you'll notice that other women will give that girl a bad dirty look as if she's a whore. The mentality here in America is just disgusting when it comes to women.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

marklambo wrote:
Exod wrote:They want to appear better than they are. I suppose the mentality is different... they don't consider themselves "prizes" and know they're competing with other stunning women, so they want to optimize.

I think you make perfect sense here. The girls in the US don't really need to compete too much because men will flock to them even if they are nasty 5s or obese. You'll see profiles of women with sweat pants and a sweat shirt on and still they are picky as can be. Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend of mine and this girl came to the restaurant by herself and she was wearing sweat pants, flip flops, sweat shirt, and no make up. My friend I was with has done a lot of traveling to many countries and he told me that you won't see such a thing in Europe. He says that women will sometimes dress up even if they are just going to the store to buy something. And the funny thing is that if you do see a girl dressed up here going to a store to buy something (which is rare of course) , you'll notice that other women will give that girl a bad dirty look as if she's a whore. The mentality here in America is just disgusting when it comes to women.
Hear Hear! I was taking the Moscow subway and I saw a girl "dressed up" in a strange "brides-maid" dress. She was obviuosly a poor girl, wearing one of the few dresses she owns. She was clearly wanting people to notice her as she was walking slow and looking at all the guys. I thought she was brave to try to look good. Whereas most AW can wear the latest fashion, but they won't as they're bitches.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do we always see pro pics of girls on dating sites?

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

marklambo wrote:I've noticed that in all of these international dating sites, the profiles of pretty much all the women have photos taken that are all done professionally. It is nice to see good images but you don't see too many "normal" photos of these girls. Because of this, I completely avoid talking to girls that are anything less than 9s because there is a good chance that if you're talking to a 7, she might really be a 4 or 5 in real life without the professional images. Even ugly trolls on these sites have their images taken professionally. Dating sites from the USA is so different, it's the complete opposite. Most photos you see of the girls are just regular pics and only some use professional images. Has anyone else noticed this or wondered about this?
This just goes to show that American men are just as bad as American women. Did you stop to think that woman who are a 4 or 5 could be the best thing that ever happened to you? She could have the best heart and could be wife material yet you pass them up for pretty women who can only give good sex yet can't cook a home cooked meal to save her life. You guys are being as shallow and suprficial as the American women you put down for being shallow and superficial. With that mindset the problem is not American women the problem is you. You're passing up plain jane potential wife material American women because they are not much to look at. You want the beautiful women you could careless if they are wife material. It's sad. The unattractive girl could be the one beside you when you're in a hospital bed brain dead. The 4 or 5 could jump in front of a train to save your life yet you reject them because they are not top notch on the outside?? This is disgusting. American men unrevealed.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:
This just goes to show that American men are just as bad as American women. Did you stop to think that woman who are a 4 or 5 could be the best thing that ever happened to you? She could have the best heart and could be wife material yet you pass them up for pretty women who can only give good sex yet can't cook a home cooked meal to save her life. You guys are being as shallow and suprficial as the American women you put down for being shallow and superficial. With that mindset the problem is not American women the problem is you. You're passing up plain jane potential wife material American women because they are not much to look at. You want the beautiful women you could careless if they are wife material. It's sad. The unattractive girl could be the one beside you when you're in a hospital bed brain dead. The 4 or 5 could jump in front of a train to save your life yet you reject them because they are not top notch on the outside?? This is disgusting. American men unrevealed.
You don't seriously believe that...i hope :roll:

There is no golden rule that guarantees ugly women will make better wives. I would say that ugly AW are even worse than superficial women because they are delusional. In most cases they think they are a 7 or 8 when in fact they're 4s and 5s. Furthermore, they are furious when men don't give them as much attention and are more likely to become femi-nazis.

This whole feminist BS wasn't started by beautiful women. It was the plain Jane who asked herself: why am I not like Marylin Monroe ? Oh, I guess it's because of those bad men who keep us women down. Nevermind that I'm a stupid cow with no talent or brains.

Why is it too much to ask for beautiful housewife ? If she's an 8 or 9 in her 20s, she'll be a 6 or 7 in her 30s, might as well aim high, especially if the man is well groomed, slim, intelligent and a good provider. I don't see why he should settle for a fat whale in flip flops.

If she has a good soul then she knows that obesity can lead to birth defects in children and health problems for the mother. She will make efforts to improve her image for her own sake as well as for the benefit of her man who is naturally attracted to healthy looking women. So if she has a pretty face she'll become an 8 or 9 and if she doesn't then she'll still be a 7, a woman with a hot body and an ugly face is much more attractive than a pretty face in a fat body.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

You can't be serious!?

A 4 or 5 isn't just plain Jane, it's a combination of a hippopatamus and an elephant.

My mouth just absolutely dropped reading what you just posted.

Men are biologically created to want an attractive partner and women are biologically created to want money and status.

Most men will have sex with a 6 or up.

Most western women only want men who are 9s and 10s.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Maker55 wrote:
You can't be serious!?

A 4 or 5 isn't just plain Jane, it's a combination of a hippopatamus and an elephant.

My mouth just absolutely dropped reading what you just posted.

Men are biologically created to want an attractive partner and women are biologically created to want money and status.

Most men will have sex with a 6 or up.

Most western women only want men who are 9s and 10s.
Not money and status. Security. That meant different things at different times in history. The whole money thing is just tip of the iceberg. What about if the future increasingly resembles a post-scarcity economy?

When women only want men for money we call them golddiggers. What do we call men who only value looks? Chauvinist perhaps?

Frankly if a woman is obese that's like a 2 to me. If she has an eating disorder that's a mental condition as well. I wouldn't want to date an anorexic either.

The nicest woman I've ever known was a foreigner. As far as looks go she was maybe a five or six. Not ugly, but plain. She wouldn't turn heads, but people wouldn't be repulsed either. In two words, completely average. Yet she was very intelligent and uncorrupted by Feminism. If I were in a better place at the time we might have had something great. But she's the one who made me think this site might have something to it.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Andrewww wrote:
You don't seriously believe that...i hope :roll:

There is no golden rule that guarantees ugly women will make better wives. I would say that ugly AW are even worse than superficial women because they are delusional. In most cases they think they are a 7 or 8 when in fact they're 4s and 5s. Furthermore, they are furious when men don't give them as much attention and are more likely to become femi-nazis.

This whole feminist BS wasn't started by beautiful women. It was the plain Jane who asked herself: why am I not like Marylin Monroe ? Oh, I guess it's because of those bad men who keep us women down. Nevermind that I'm a stupid cow with no talent or brains.

Why is it too much to ask for beautiful housewife ? If she's an 8 or 9 in her 20s, she'll be a 6 or 7 in her 30s, might as well aim high, especially if the man is well groomed, slim, intelligent and a good provider. I don't see why he should settle for a fat whale in flip flops.

If she has a good soul then she knows that obesity can lead to birth defects in children and health problems for the mother. She will make efforts to improve her image for her own sake as well as for the benefit of her man who is naturally attracted to healthy looking women. So if she has a pretty face she'll become an 8 or 9 and if she doesn't then she'll still be a 7, a woman with a hot body and an ugly face is much more attractive than a pretty face in a fat body.
You guys wanting a pretty woman is not the issue here. The issue is you pass up potentially great wives and mother of your children because they are not all that cute? I didn't say unattractive women make good wives for sure. I said men not considering a woman who does not have a very physically attractive face yet the same men complain "American women don't give a good American man a chance if he is not attractive" is hypocrtical on so many levels and superficial and you are passing up potentially great wives all beause they are not all that cute?? Do you not realize a woman's beauty will NOT keep a man happy? If that was the case all pretty women even the whores would be taken and there would be no such thing as a beautiful divorced woman. How can you guys say "I'm too short for Ameri women" or "I'm this race" or "I'm bald" yet you won't date a woman who is not pretty even if she is wife and mother material? It's hypocrisy. A woman looks are some of you guys "main" factor in choosing a good women and her character should be first. He said something like "if she is a 7 in the pic she might be a four in real life"...um that 4 could potentially be the reason you live and breathe yet some of you will pass her up for the beautiful snob? Wow.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.