How do you guys like the new forum themes?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I like it more than the underwater aqua theme but my favorite so far was the theme with the black background. It gave the forum an interesting classy cool look! I think a lot of other people liked it too!
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

The black theme (not the aliens), the WoW theme, seemed out of place for a forum like this.

The aliens theme looked even worse.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Wintson, eventually aren't you going to let us choose what themes we want every time we log in? That way, each of us will have the theme we like the best. That makes the most sense, since some of us like certain themes and others don't like them.
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

I agree with jamesbond. Everyone here has different preferences. Rather than voting on a uniform board theme, we should each choose our own theme with the option to change them later at any time.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Wintson, eventually aren't you going to let us choose what themes we want every time we log in? That way, each of us will have the theme we like the best. That makes the most sense, since some of us like certain themes and others don't like them.
W: Eventually, yeah. But right now, there is still a list of new themes I have lined up to demo first. The thing is, if I make all themes available for selection, then every time I want to change the ads at the top, I'd have to go into every theme's template files and change them, which could run into the dozens! lol

Wraith, what do you think of this pinkish, greenish theme? I know it's not the kind of colors for a nearly all guy's forum, but it's really pretty and attractive, don't you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I wonder where Grunt is. Maybe he got turned off by the wonderful pink colors, and so couldn't stand coming here anymore? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
wuming
Freshman Poster

Post by wuming »

I'm waiting for a return to "normal" colors - pastels just annoy me. After all, isn't this site for men, who are tired of being badgered by society to get in touch with their feminine side? :roll:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Actually, I only speak for myself, but I do not mind getting in touch with my "feminine side" as long as women like me, I have a great dating life, I can get hot girls, etc. There are good things to appreciate on the feminine and masculine side. Do you think I like hanging out with macho guys who talk about car engines, football, and drink beer, and are not sensitive? No way. Like momopi says, everything should be in moderation and balance.

Come on wuming, open up a little. You can't deny these colors are very pretty! :) hehehe

You're just in luck though, the next forum theme is going to have solid standard colors of the sort that guys like that are the least subject to personal taste. You will see :)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok well there you go wuming. Now the forum is in very "non-controversial" colors. Hope you like the professional blandness. :)

Honestly, the pink and green theme was pretty, but probably not appropriate for an all guy forum, so you're right about that.

wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

I'm pretty sure that the pink theme is something for a purely love-based forum. Since Happier Abroad is about male expats, then we need a more male-oriented theme.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

wraith wrote:I'm pretty sure that the pink theme is something for a purely love-based forum. Since Happier Abroad is about male expats, then we need a more male-oriented theme.
W: But this forum is about love though, finding love overseas, remember? :) hehehe

Anyway, I don't like the square icons and line boxes in this theme. It makes it look kind of like an office. I think we'll just go back to the Aphrodite theme, which has the same colors but with cooler looking icons.

Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

WWu777 wrote:I wonder where Grunt is. Maybe he got turned off by the wonderful pink colors, and so couldn't stand coming here anymore? lol
Yup.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This newest theme's colors are the blandest yet! It is a depressing greyish blue color! I thought the black background was the coolest looking and made the colors really stand out! 8) My colorful avatar should add some "stimulation" to this depressing greyish blue color scheme on the board. :D
wraith
Freshman Poster

Post by wraith »

your avatars all have fake tits. :?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

wraith wrote:your avatars all have fake tits. :?
Actually, this girl was being interviewed by playboy and was asked if she had implants and she said no, "my boobs are the real deal." :lol: