Are Filipinos Asian?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Are Filipinos Asian?

Post by odbo »

Aren't they technically the niggers of the Pacific? I'm asking because "Philosophical Filipino" keeps shitting up this site with multiple accounts and has the Jew-implanted "Asian pride" delusion that he is in some way aligned with males from China/Japan/etc, when they are at least 2x smarter than him and share nothing in common.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Are Filipinos Asian?

Post by Dragon »

odbo wrote:Aren't they technically the niggers of the Pacific? I'm asking because "Philosophical Filipino" keeps shitting up this site with multiple accounts and has the Jew-implanted "Asian pride" delusion that he is in some way aligned with males from China/Japan/etc, when they are at least 2x smarter than him and share nothing in common.
Errr...

Does it really matter?
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Yes it does matter, the truth eradicates bullshit memes. Greeks or Italians are not White (at the very least not any longer), but they are still European. The various people that make up the Philippines are not really "Asian" genetically nor even culturally or geographically.

viewtopic.php?p=54686#54686
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Aren't they technically the niggers of the Pacific?
If by this insulting term you mean people who look like Sub-Saharan Africans, wouldn't it be more accurate to insult the Papua New Guinea people instead?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Americanized Filipino's tend to think of themselves separate from other Asians: they act more like Blacks and Hispanics than they do Asian. Many Filipino's are much more Westernized than other Asians as well, which explains why they don't do as well academically and economically as other Asian countries.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

these type of questions are ignorant. are italians european? last time i checked their culture and physical appearance is quite different from the english but they are both quite european although from different cultures. the filipinos sadly have thier country run like a poor central american country which explains the mess its in today. does that mean the people are not asian because they are poorer than other asain nations?

one thing the filipinos have in common with other asian countries; they love rice, karaoke and they drink like shit
Last edited by royaldude on November 10th, 2012, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

royaldude wrote:these type of questions are ignorant.
This is Odbo we're talking about here. He specializes in that department, LOL!
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 14th, 2013, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

lone_yakua, are your the first japanese guy on HA? what´s up man? so you´re altaic, turks might also be slightly in this gang :)

ginger, nice info. your description reminds me of the turcs. same psychedelic nationalism but huge infights all the time...

odbo, what´s up at stormfront or are you not allowed because you´re a jew?

the pinoys remind me little bit of the aborigenes in australia thoug they look much better....
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Billy wrote:lone_yakua, are your the first japanese guy on HA? what´s up man? so you´re altaic, turks might also be slightly in this gang :)
Altaic peoples keep taking over the world!

First the Turks, then the Mongols, then the Manchus, then the Japanese ... and now the Koreans are taking over the world with their crazy pop music. It's a Gangnam Style conspiracy to take over the world, and make it an Altaic New World Order!

As for those of you who wonder why Turkic peoples can look both Northeast Asian and white, that's because Turks are bada*s. Whenever they conquer a new place, they always get all the ladies there, and their kids then start to look like the locals. In other words, Asian guys getting all the white chicks. This had also happened to the Mongols of medieval times, when Mongols in many places were reported to have a lot of Caucasian features. Turks are like amoebas when it comes to appearance! But they are still 100% Turks because of the common culture and heritage that binds them all together. Odbo may have a lot of trouble conceptualizing this. :wink:

Ginger wrote:For instance, Mindanaoans (people from Mindanao, one of the three main island groups do not consider themselves as filipinos in culture (they are a mix of arabic-indonesian-malaysian in terms of culture) but geographically they belong to the Philippines.
That's what much of Luzon was also like before the Spanish had arrived. For example, there's Lakandula who had ruled the Kingdom of Tondo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakandula

And apparently Odbo has the Negritos of the Philippines in mind (yeah, I'm being a little sarcastic here). They're actually much more related to other Asians and Europeans than they are to Africans.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Ginger wrote:
odbo wrote:Aren't they technically the niggers of the Pacific? I'm asking because "Philosophical Filipino" keeps shitting up this site with multiple accounts and has the Jew-implanted "Asian pride" delusion that he is in some way aligned with males from China/Japan/etc, when they are at least 2x smarter than him and share nothing in common.

Maybe Philosophical Filipino is a tsinoy (chinese-pinoy). They do tend to align themselves with NE asians.

Are my countrymen niggers of the Pacific? I don't know. What I do know is my country is very messed up and have a serious problem with identity.

For instance, Mindanaoans (people from Mindanao, one of the three main island groups do not consider themselves as filipinos in culture (they are a mix of arabic-indonesian-malaysian in terms of culture) but geographically they belong to the Philippines.

My country is composed of groups which up to this day remains divided and still cannot find a common ground. Just look at Luzon, it's mostly a big island but I'm telling you that going from one region to another is like going to another country. The culture, the customs, the practices, the vibe, the people are very different.

Most of those here at HA see as pinoys and see as pinoy culture is the visayan culture (they are the ones most open to foreigners, and were the first to intermarry with chinese, spaniards and americans---basically sucks up to whoever is in charge of the Philippines at a given point and time in the history books). The Visayans look down at Luzon people and Mindanao people. Luzon people look down on Visayans as who*es and suck-ups and look down on Mindanaoans because Mindanaoans are very different compared to the more westernized Luzon and Visayas. Mindanaoans look down at Luzon and Visayas people as those who have betrayed their heritage.

Amongst this island groups there is a general sense of division and a kind of tribal warfare. The weird thing is, post something negative about pinoys on the internet and they will gang up together on whoever did that haha. It's like a distorted sense of being clannish, or like growing up with irritating brothers...you make their life hell but is willing to die for them.

royaldude wrote:these type of questions are ignorant. are italians european? last time i checked their culture and physical appearance is quite different from the english but they are both quite european although from different cultures. the filipinos sadly have thier country run like a poor central american country which explains the mess its in today. does that mean the people are not asian because they are poorer than other asain nations?

one thing the filipinos have in common with other asian countries; they love rice, karaoke and they drink like shit

You got that right! :)
Great post..appreciate the insight Ginger!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

People migrated out of Africa long ago and spread around the world based on arbitrary factors. Now, someone is trying to pigeonhole these people into neat categories and assign labels to them. It is as simple as trying to organize trash in a dumpster. And North Euros particularly Brits and Germans started that crap.

Terms such as European, Asian, African, etc are fluid and depend on who is doing the considering. Are you talking about the US government institutions and the US administration's ethnic classifications? Then yes, they are. The US gov't considers them Asian. That is why the dude is doing the Asian pride flag-waving. He is in the US and he, along with Chinese, Japanese and Koreans is dumped into the Asian category. By the US gov't and society.

As far as technically being n'''ers of the Pacific, who came up with that term? Who and where is officially and technically classifying them as such? You? The UN? The US gov't? Some drunk US sailor at a bar in Angeles City?

Oh, and also, the US gov't considers Turks and Iranians as well as Arabs who are in Asia as "white". And strangely,the US gov't consider's Algerians and Muammar Kaddafi as white, too.

But all these classifications become invalid once you leave the US. Unless you listen to a drunk US expat at a bar somewhere and accept his words as the supreme truth.

In the Philippines for example, there is no official racial classification in documents or in censuses etc- everything is decided by citizenship- what citizen are you?. And that is the way it should be. This is why I consider the Philippines to be a superior social system. You are what your citizenship is. Nothing more nothing less. There is still a political nation there and anyone can be part of it provided one has citizenship there.
Not like the BS here in the US.

In informal life, the Filipinos do not even have the term "Asian" and do not wrack their brains/ agonize over it. The humanity is simple to their eyes.

A white man walks down the street- they call him Kano or Porener
A black man walks down the street - they call him Negro
An Arab man walks down the street- they call him Arabo
An Indian/Bangladeshi man walks down the the street -they call him -Bumbay
A yellow man walks down the street -they call him Insek/Hapon or Koreano after they ask.
A brown man walks down the street- they call him Pinoy.
The word Asian is rarely if ever used.

Ethic definitions are all arbitrary and even if they are official they change with country and the time period.
Last edited by ladislav on November 10th, 2012, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

falcon, great insight. how do you get your knowledge? there are only few sites who talk open about these things. where i must acknowlegde steh stormfront guys are well informed about that.

our yakuza friend has put me on his ignore list. i wanted to know his other posts. maybe he is angry as i mispelled his name :)

japanese guys are very shy :)

eh, odbo respect the jews please besides ladislav and yourself there is captain kir who is a jew. winston and i respect him so should you :)

yeah i know you miss your philosphical phillippino friend. he is so cruel he should pay attention to you :)
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.