Poll: Should racist topics be allowed in this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Yes. Free speech is the most important thing. If someone can't handle it or avoid the topic, that's their problem.
60%
No. They are offensive and may alienate people from this movement. Such topics divide us rather than unite us.
40%

Total votes: 45
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

FreeYourMind wrote:A problem with a blanket question like this is that "racism" can be quite subjective. As a rule I try to stay out of the racial threads, but the worst of the anti-White flamethrowers here sometimes piss me off enough to respond. I'm proud to be White, but respect everyone else and find obvious race baiting to be detrimental to this site, which is supposed to be about identifying how the vast majority of men of all races are getting screwed in the U.S. and other Western countries and then recommending solutions, the most obvious one being living abroad.

I think racial topics should be allowed as this board has a number of Asian, White and Black posters and race is, like feminism, an all-important issue, but not racial slurs and invective that mindlessly condemns an entire race or group of people.
I agree with you, FreeYourMind. But what about Odbo posting his stupid, racist images and pics every time he makes his racist comments in a post. I told him a million times, I'm not going to ban him for his racist comments, but for him posting pictures like these in every thread he comments on:

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Some of our members, such as Davewe, are leaving...
Sorry to see him go.

I found his posts insightful, balanced, well-thought-out.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

BTW, I've always enjoyed davewe's posts. I think he's Jewish and probably doesn't like the Jew-bashing that goes on, but he's a real asset to the board. He mostly posts about the main topic of Happier Abroad, and does so from the perspective of a middle-aged guy (which I am also), so I've always appreciated his knowledge and willingness to share his experiences abroad here.

Another btw, it's the elites of whatever background that are the issue. The vast majority of rank and file Jews, just like the "average folks" of every race and ethnicity have no power and influence over those that actually do have power, just as they're not responsible for what previous generations of elites have done. Focus on those that have power and use it wrongfully rather than condemning entire groups of people for the sins of the criminal powerbrokers.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

a racist viewpoint will just hurt the person expressing it, if you personalize it then that is your own problem. i think the dream being sewn into susceptable minds about happier abroad is far more damaging in the long run than insults.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How about we do some sort of compromise?

Is there a middle ground here between racist and non-racist? Is there such a thing as semi-racist? If so, how do we define it?

How about this: We let odbo post all his racist stuff in the racial board, but nowhere else, and those offended by it can simply stay out of the racial board. What do you all think? Would this be a fair compromise between free speech and offensive behavior?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

I don't think the issue is so much about racism as it is about basic ettiquette. If a person wants to rant about a certain race or has some well-thought-out ideas about a certain race, I really don't care.
However, saying things along the lines of "You're race xyz, so go f**k yourself!" is just plain rude.

How about just prohibiting racial insults directed at members? That's the key difference between the sentences "I hate nig**rs" and "OMG you're a stupid nig**r!"

Adults can discuss ideas. Children just lob insults at one another.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

No, don't BAN any kind of taboo discussions; that would make this place seem too politically correct and limiting. I think you have the right idea Winston; let people say what they feel they need to say, but keep moderation tight so that some of these race-related arguments don't snowball out of control.
lone_yakuza wrote:So when I see a lot of you anglo American guys on here bitching about American women and how you cannot find a girl or cannot get laid....
you must have a really shitty set of cards if you cannot even get some sluttyass Asian American Girl to suck your dick....
Well, that's your perspective. Not every single half-way decent looking white guy with a good salary or personality here in the US belongs to some frat, nor are we all getting laid by different "hotties" every other night. And as you said, some of us white guys are simply not interested in Asian women, and never have been.

I can get laid in America if I put in the effort, but I usually have to reduce my standards due to female hypergamy, and it's practically impossible for me to find a woman here with a good head on her shoulders who is loyal and caring. Establishing a LTR here with a decent girl is a lost cause.

One more thing is that, it's not just the women that make me want to leave the US. I can't stand the narcissistic culture here, and there are a host of other negative aspects about this country that the average Joe Sixpack could overlook, whereas I simply cannot. Keep in mind that, as multicultural as the US might be, it is definitely NOT a comfortable situation from a racial standpoint for ANY intelligent human being, including for white males.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Lone Yakuza,
Not exactly. In SE Asia, Asian men can easily do better than White men. The Korean guys in the Philippines are seen with hotter girls than the white expats are. And in Thailand, most girls prefer overseas Asian men over white men, particularly Chinese or Japanese. They are seen as higher status.

Also, in China, most women prefer Asian men over White men, it seems. There is a surplus of women in the city, so don't believe the bull you read about there being more men than women. That's not true in the cities of China. Plus most of the men there are not relationship material.

You should read the trip reports about China in this forum. Some of them are from Asian American guys.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jester wrote:Moderating here is done with a light touch, so I have not noticed it. This is in contrast to other forums I have dabbled in. I like the light touch.

I hate to say it but if we do ban racist topics the way that has been suggested, it would indeed probably help the forum stay on topic and make it more fun to visit. I guess I'm going to vote that way. If I wanted politics I would be elsewhere.

I'm kinda surprised to hear myself saying that, because I often enjoy reading an opinionated post., even if I don't agree with it all. I learn stuff., and sometimes laugh. So yes I guess we should moderate a little more, but let's not make it dull.

I could agree with the three posters mentioned above as examples of cases where warnings would be appropriate under a new policy.

Oh and one more thing. Could the Asian guys here stop talking about dick size? Now Odbo just did it too (above). Jesus. Whatever I come here for, it is not for visual images of dicks.
:lol: There is that. Out of the top ten nations by GDP, Asia holds 3 spots. They hold 5 of the top 20 spots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... nominal%29
That doesn't include the major inroads they're making into Australia and other nations.

Sensible people in the West aren't consoling ourselves by saying "Yeah, but they still got little dicks." :roll:
We're watching the growing size of their ... wallets. :shock:

As I was telling Naoki, (barring a worldwide economic implosion) the next several decades belong to Asia; and that includes their choice in dating/mating options. In a decade or two, it will be quite fashionable (as tawdry as that sounds) to have an Asian husband (or Asian ex-husband sending alimony :wink:).
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, what do we do with Odbo than? Do we let him continue to use racial slurs and post racial images, or do we just let him do whatever he wants? I think Jackal has it right:

"How about just prohibiting racial insults directed at members? That's the key difference between the sentences "I hate nig**rs" and "OMG you're a stupid nig**r!" Adults can discuss ideas. Children just lob insults at one another."
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

There should be a BALANCE. That is all i can say for now.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

HA constitution says it all

Warning: This forum contains content that is not politically correct and may offend some. But if Truth is your Passion and God, then you've come to the right place. :)
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

When we gonna start accepting people the way they are, if somebody is racist let them be racist, nobody needs to love anyone,if somebody doesnt like me bc of my race, guess what..i dont give a f**k..can never offend me no matter how hard you try; maybe thats bc Im white so im immune to racism
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

Banano wrote:if somebody doesnt like me bc of my race, guess what..i dont give a f**k..can never offend me no matter how hard you try; maybe thats bc Im white so im immune to racism
its because you never built your identity around your race as you grew up in a country where race is practically a non issue. americans do identify with it heavily however, even white ones as has been proven time and time again on HA.

i hate to repeat the obvious, but it might not have been a particularly good idea from the start to have a multicultural society in a certain very famous country we all know too well where the mental framework of the population consists of more neurosis and egoism than any other nation in history.