Poll: Should racist topics be allowed in this forum?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should racist topics be allowed on this forum?

Yes. Free speech is the most important thing. If someone can't handle it or avoid the topic, that's their problem.
60%
No. They are offensive and may alienate people from this movement. Such topics divide us rather than unite us.
40%

Total votes: 45
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote: Could not disagree more. If this forum was that narrow, it would become quite dry, boring, and one dimensional. It may be called HA but as per the personality and thinking of the owner, but its also very much about truth seeking and personal development in a much broader context. Some might say its also an extension of Winston and his personal Google service, lol.
...as I've stated in my post, if you're capable of spending a lot of time on "truth seeking" & esoteric "personal developments", and still achieve your goals on-time, on-target, and on-budget, then by all means, go right ahead.

However, if these activities are distracting you from reaching your objectives, causing months or even years in delay, then you have a problem. You can liberate yourself from the clock of an 8-5 job, but you cannot liberate yourself from the clock of aging.

Rock wrote: Dude, this movement is not just about 'objectives'. It also entails personal growth. You've been in the office a bit too long old boy.
I work at an internet business company where the developers arrive at 10am-11am in the morning, take 2 hour lunches, takes off at random times to buy hippie tea, then engage in nerf gun battles after 4pm. As the PM with very little authority, my job is to go with the team on their 2 hour lunches, then suggest restaurants that are closer to the company that serves better food, then suggest that we go either before or after the lunch crowd. My objective is reached when I reduce the 2 hour lunches to 1.5 hours (or less).

I have nothing against "lunch", "restaurant", or "2 hour lunches". But when projects are delayed by months and I'm only getting 4 hours of work per day out of these guys, I push for 1.5 hour lunches and improve productivity by 30 minuets per person per day, which adds up to # of developers * 30 minuets = x work hours/day. Then I push to reduce hour-long meetings down to 15 minuet stand-ups. Then I push for "no nerf battles before 4:30 PM" in the office. If they want hippie tea, I will go buy it for them. This is what I do.

Last I checked, "happier abroad" means to visit, travel, work, and live abroad. It doesn't mean to stay home, blab online, and be unhappy. No amount photos, videos, books, or descriptions of the Eiffel Tower will ever be superior to you standing under it in-person and looking up, then going for a stroll on the banks of the river Seine with a pretty girl in your arms. I'm of the opinion that the best form of personal growth is direct experience, and the best way to get it is to go out and see the world.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
Rock wrote: Could not disagree more. If this forum was that narrow, it would become quite dry, boring, and one dimensional. It may be called HA but as per the personality and thinking of the owner, but its also very much about truth seeking and personal development in a much broader context. Some might say its also an extension of Winston and his personal Google service, lol.
...as I've stated in my post, if you're capable of spending a lot of time on "truth seeking" & esoteric "personal developments", and still achieve your goals on-time, on-target, and on-budget, then by all means, go right ahead.

However, if these activities are distracting you from reaching your objectives, causing months or even years in delay, then you have a problem. You can liberate yourself from the clock of an 8-5 job, but you cannot liberate yourself from the clock of aging.

Rock wrote: Dude, this movement is not just about 'objectives'. It also entails personal growth. You've been in the office a bit too long old boy.
I work at an internet business company where the developers arrive at 10am-11am in the morning, take 2 hour lunches, takes off at random times to buy hippie tea, then engage in nerf gun battles after 4pm. As the PM with very little authority, my job is to go with the team on their 2 hour lunches, then suggest restaurants that are closer to the company that serves better food, then suggest that we go either before or after the lunch crowd. My objective is reached when I reduce the 2 hour lunches to 1.5 hours (or less).

I have nothing against "lunch", "restaurant", or "2 hour lunches". But when projects are delayed by months and I'm only getting 4 hours of work per day out of these guys, I push for 1.5 hour lunches and improve productivity by 30 minuets per person per day, which adds up to # of developers * 30 minuets = x work hours/day. Then I push to reduce hour-long meetings down to 15 minuet stand-ups. Then I push for "no nerf battles before 4:30 PM" in the office. If they want hippie tea, I will go buy it for them. This is what I do.

Last I checked, "happier abroad" means to visit, travel, work, and live abroad. It doesn't mean to stay home, blab online, and be unhappy. No amount photos, videos, books, or descriptions of the Eiffel Tower will ever be superior to you standing under it in-person and looking up, then going for a stroll on the banks of the river Seine with a pretty girl in your arms. I'm of the opinion that the best form of personal growth is direct experience, and the best way to get it is to go out and see the world.

1. Perhaps truth seeking and esoteric personal development (read spiritual enlightenment) are the the real goals of our brief physical existence in the eyes of some. So what if Winston doesn't go to China or delays it by years. Maybe that's what will be better for him in the longer run, who knows? Perhaps suffering in Taiwan will serve some other purpose for him even if he's not happy with it right now. Actions speak louder than words. Clearly he's staying there for some reason(s) which maybe he is not even conscious of yet.

2. Don't put too much credence in a title. Things are not always what they appear to be at first glance. How democratic do u imagine the Democratic People's Republic of Korea is for instance? Winston's forum is what it is and it seems to be doing fine.

3. Nice that so much lollygagging goes on in your work environment. No wonder you have so much time to spend here and have submitted more posts than anyone else save Winston, lol. Anyway, the forum is not part of your work team and is not here to achieve your goals. So I don't see the point of your implied comparison.

The site provides a great platform for guys like us to share, debate, and enlighten each other through our perspectives and experiences from many parts of the world. And it generates a stable, significant, and growing income for Winston while allowing him to do what he enjoys doing. So you could say it is meeting many objectives for its owner and many others who participate voluntarily even if its not meeting yours. Those who wanna travel physically will find ways to do so. If others choose to live vicariously online through the experiences of others, more power to them too. The site wouldn't attract 100 K unique visitors each month if it wasn't providing something of value to at least some people.

4. True, you cannot liberate yourself from the clock of aging or the fact that your physical body will be dust within a few more decades at most. But what about your soul? As Winston likes to say, consider the bigger picture.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

goals? objectives? last time i checked, whenever you acheive or complete a goal or an objective, youre still simply a human standing there wherever you may be as you always were. does this not strongly suggest to you that your goals and objectives only exist in your head and are therefore a figment of your imagination? just because others play along does not make it real. more beleivable yes, but not more true. i wish to tell those spending their entire lives playing acting roles for a movie in the hopes of winning an oscar that they can go home and relax because the camera was never rolling and there was never any oscar. the central message of this forum is one of anti-spirituality. im here to offer balance. i could go to a spirituality forum and spread my ideas there, but they already at least get the gist of the message. why give a candle to people in a room with the lights on when i could offer it to those in complete darkness?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
True, you cannot liberate yourself from the clock of aging or the fact that your physical body will be dust within a few more decades at most. But what about your soul? As Winston likes to say, consider the bigger picture.
Both of you guys are making great points.

I just felt this was poetic.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Disillusioned_American wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:I would agree with this. But the issue is that right now Asians are extremely self-hating, so at least 30% overall actually want Caucasian spouses, especially Asian women. Asian American women want caucasian husbands for the most part (almost 50%). Caucasians should not be worried because marriage statistics in the US show that only something like 7% of white women marry interracially. It just looks like a lot of white women are marrying/dating non-whites... because there are a lot of white people here...

East Asian girls from Asia or without fluency in English, however, are messed up in the head if they are seeking out foreign husbands when there are perfectly suitable men at home. And this is because of Hollywood influence...

SE Asian girls have long had inferiority complexes and want to get rid of their undesirable "tropical traits" like wide noses, wide flat face, flaring nostrils, etc. so that self hatred is part of the reason many throw themselves at white guys. Many Chinese girls and Yayoi Japanese also have similar self hatred or they see the media pairings of Asian girls with white guys everywhere. So I can't really blame them, as Hollywood has a big influence all around the world.
You make some valid points, and I agree that, from observation, many Asian women tend to be self-hating as all hell. When I was stationed in Japan while in the military, over ten years ago now, I noticed that many Japanese youth were wearing t-shirts that had English writing on them. Sometimes the writing would make absolutely no sense, saying something ridiculous, like say: "New York City 1959 Bowling Team," or something totally ridiculous like that, lol. I think it was just the popular trend for them at the time. Another thing that was big back then was for Japanese teenage girls to go to tanning salons to look darker, and to emulate hip-hop culture, and many would try to date thuggish black guys (not that I have a problem with that, necessarily). Seems like they were all just obsessed with American culture and with whatever Hollywood made popular at the time.

Believe it or not, I was actually saddened to see them reject their own traditions, in some ways at least. When I would see Japanese women at the train station wearing kimonos, it was actually very refreshing to me, and I was happy to see that. Also, in mainland Japan, there were definitely some very, very beautiful women, and I did hang out with a few attractive ones, but I never truly "dated" any of them. I just went there because I had to go to wherever I was assigned to go. At that time, I was very naive about the NWO and Western imperialism, and I didn't realize how tragic it was that Japan's territories were being occupied by US forces. Now I wish the US would close all of it's overseas installations, yet I am happy that at least I was given some exposure to foreign cultures overseas early on. I can't explain why, but I just have never had a real "chemistry" towards Asian women, although I love Japanese, Korean, and Thai cuisine, and I have a lot of respect for the cultures of those nations.

Another thing; in E. Europe, I noticed this past year that young people were sporting t-shirts with silly English expressions that made no sense, just as I had witnessed in Japan a decade earlier! I even saw one older guy with a pair of tennis shoes on that were embroidered with: "Motherf*cking Mountaineer!" on them! I KID YOU NOT! I think that this is just the trend right now there, and this guy probably had no idea how stupid it looks to have that on your shoes, lol. Hopefully, this is not a sign that E. Europe is becoming "Americanized," since that would truly suck if it is true. People need to stop worshipping stupid Anglo culture.
I think its funny how it seems like every race of man seems to be loosing control over their own race of women. Asian women are running to white men, white women are making themselves available to black men, and black women are preferring to live alone.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

NorthAmericanguy wrote: I think its funny how it seems like every race of man seems to be loosing control over their own race of women. Asian women are running to white men, white women are making themselves available to black men, and black women are preferring to live alone.
Yes, I'm noticing that as well. Why is that? Strange ain't it.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

zboy1 wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote: I think its funny how it seems like every race of man seems to be loosing control over their own race of women. Asian women are running to white men, white women are making themselves available to black men, and black women are preferring to live alone.
Yes, I'm noticing that as well. Why is that? Strange ain't it.

One of the main goals of feminism and Cultural Marxism is to create discord and even hatred between men and women. That's a hideously unnatural state of affairs and when it succeeds it's easiest to strike out at your own kind, similar to the way family members often take out their frustrations on each other, and to find the "other" more attractive.

For me, it's not dislike of White women, more that so many have lost both their inner and outer femininity in the US gynocracy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Winston, what do we do with Odbo than? Do we let him continue to use racial slurs and post racial images, or do we just let him do whatever he wants? I think Jackal has it right:

"How about just prohibiting racial insults directed at members? That's the key difference between the sentences "I hate nig**rs" and "OMG you're a stupid nig**r!" Adults can discuss ideas. Children just lob insults at one another."
I would be fine with that. Would everyone else? This means though, that you would have to allow him to post all those racist images too. They are in a gray area.
Ok well back to the topic. Let's make the above official then. Jackal's suggestion that:

"How about just prohibiting racial insults directed at members? That's the key difference between the sentences "I hate nig**rs" and "OMG you're a stupid nig**r!" Adults can discuss ideas. Children just lob insults at one another."

Seems reasonable. So we will go with that. Zboy1, don't remove Odbo's racial images anymore for now. But if he starts using racial attacks on forum members, then you guys can let me know. Odbo, you may repost your images in that "Nigger mind thread". It's a good thing you saved them offline. Any time you guys write a long post, you should save it offline in case something happens to it.

Btw, Odbo, dude, next time you want something done, don't PM me with insults directed at me. That's no way to request a favor. You are supposed to ask nicely you know. This is common sense. Learn a little tact will you? Just because I'm too nice, doesn't mean you should take advantage of that and insult me freely. That's not mature or considerate. Be more mindful of your behavior. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

But we can still pick on Winston, right?

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:Let's make the above official then. Jackal's suggestion that:

Btw, Odbo, dude, next time you want something done, don't PM me with insults directed at me. That's no way to request a favor. You are supposed to ask nicely you know. This is common sense. Learn a little tact will you? Just because I'm too nice, doesn't mean you should take advantage of that and insult me freely. That's not mature or considerate. Be more mindful of your behavior. Thanks.
But none of this applies to people targeting Winston specifically, right? We can still pick on him, I hope?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: But we can still pick on Winston, right?

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:Let's make the above official then. Jackal's suggestion that:

But none of this applies to people targeting Winston specifically, right? We can still pick on him, I hope?
Sure, that goes without saying. Winston is the in-house HA punching-bag. If u get tired of venting about America, just throw a few cheap pot shots at good ole Winnie. He's acknowledged that he has a victim vibe which attracts bullying and anyway, its part of what he gets paid for here, lol. Swing away!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
1. I do not believe in, nor do I have, a supernatural soul. I do not believe in any meaningful existence after death, other than what you leave behind as your legacy. If I believed in life after death in an everlasting paradise of milk and honey, then I’d have made haste to get there by jumping off a cliff.
No matter how smart u think u might b, u could be wrong. Remember when u were sure that gold was highly overpriced. Do u still believe u were right now with the benefit of hindsight. If so, I will happily buy as much gold from u at that price or even 10% higher as u r willing to sell me. Heck, I'll even give u a 20% premium, lol. Whdya say?

So u must realize deep inside that u might b wrong about not having a soul or consciousness separate from your physical body. U do not believe simply because u chose not to believe, not because u really know. Why not acknowledge what u don't know and expand your mind to all the new possibilities.

If all u care about is leaving some kinda legacy here generated by your physical body and brain, consider that 10,000 years will pass quickly and at some stage, earth will be swallowed up by the sun if the science u so believe in is true. So in the end, u wld be no more than wht u were before birth here. Mite as well be a hedonist then, right? Enjoy the moment to its fullest cus nothing will remain forever.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

My 2 cents again. With so much to talk about and so many good posters shining with serious, profound, intellectually and culturally valuable contributions, do we really need the odd racist post, especially if it has a high probability to hurt somebody's sensitivity?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Rock wrote:
momopi wrote: 1. I do not believe in, nor do I have, a supernatural soul. I do not believe in any meaningful existence after death, other than what you leave behind as your legacy. If I believed in life after death in an everlasting paradise of milk and honey, then I’d have made haste to get there by jumping off a cliff.
No matter how smart u think u might b, u could be wrong. Remember when u were sure that gold was highly overpriced. Do u still believe u were right now with the benefit of hindsight. If so, I will happily buy as much gold from u at that price or even 10% higher as u r willing to sell me. Heck, I'll even give u a 20% premium, lol. Whdya say?
So u must realize deep inside that u might b wrong about not having a soul or consciousness separate from your physical body. U do not believe simply because u chose not to believe, not because u really know. Why not acknowledge what u don't know and expand your mind to all the new possibilities.
If all u care about is leaving some kinda legacy here generated by your physical body and brain, consider that 10,000 years will pass quickly and at some stage, earth will be swallowed up by the sun if the science u so believe in is true. So in the end, u wld be no more than wht u were before birth here. Mite as well be a hedonist then, right? Enjoy the moment to its fullest cus nothing will remain forever.

1. My valuation on gold is based on the cost of extraction, processing, and retail premium. I work in an industry that deals with international customers in mining and energy extraction. Higher retail prices means that the more expensive extraction sites become economically profitable, such as the Canadian oil sands. This method does not work on gemstones, and for RE my valuation is based on rental income and cash flow.

2. As I've already stated, I do not believe in supernatural souls or meaningful existence after death. There is no need to debate on the subject, you'll simply find out when you die, and you don't have a choice in this matter. In the mean time, I encourage young adults to expand their experiences by visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad. Discussions on gold and souls does not contribute much to the topic of visiting, traveling, working, and living abroad.

3. Today at work we had our Thanksgiving pot luck. We have a diverse workforce, our CSR team only has 1 person who is monolingual, the rest speaks at least 2 or more languages. We were encouraged to bring foods of various nationalities. While everyone was lining up for the pot luck buffet, we used the flat screen TV on the wall to show photos from abroad. We have girls from Sweden, Finland, and Quebec show us photos from their home countries (though the presentation was lacking), members of my team showed photos from Vietnam, and I showed photos of my travels in TW & other parts of Asia.

Our development team hires many young college grads from local University, and I encourage them to take their vacations abroad to see the world instead of a weekend in Temecula or San Francisco. They're at a stage in their life when they're young, slim, healthy, & single with decent disposable income ($70k-$80k+/year) and can easily afford to take these trips. There are many special travel deals that are only open to young adults, such as Contiki Holidays, and discounts for museums and travel abroad. It'd be shame to not take advantage of them while they still qualified.

http://www.contiki.com/