Something about the new Red Dawn movie...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Something about the new Red Dawn movie...

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

The new Red Dawn movie that was just released seems good, but every time I have seen trailers for it, it's like something inside me is screaming "DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE!" or something that feels like fear, but quite isn't rises up in me... I don't know why. Please weigh in, everyone.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

@ LY

You have a point. My question is, should I listen to my inner voice and stay away from this film, or should I go for it?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I have seen the original Red Dawn, and I did like it.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

lone_yakuza wrote:Well I'd say stay away from it. If you want to watch it, watch a pirated version or watch it online for free at free movie sites such as solarmovie. Don't pay hollywood for making anti-Asian propaganda films.
You do understand this is a remake and Soviets and Latinos were the original bad guys. Was that an anti-White and Latino propaganda? It is funny to draw Chinese money the film was edited changing Chinese into North Koreans.

If you want to see the fantasy of the partisan aided by one Marine, just an older brother in the original, and want to see things go boom then go. If you are the type that the only politically correct enemy left is the apartheid era South Africans then don't, and watch the Joker on Batman or the Joker light on Skyfall
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Raja wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:Well I'd say stay away from it. If you want to watch it, watch a pirated version or watch it online for free at free movie sites such as solarmovie. Don't pay hollywood for making anti-Asian propaganda films.
You do understand this is a remake and Soviets and Latinos were the original bad guys. Was that an anti-White and Latino propaganda? It is funny to draw Chinese money the film was edited changing Chinese into North Koreans.

If you want to see the fantasy of the partisan aided by one Marine, just an older brother in the original, and want to see things go boom then go. If you are the type that the only politically correct enemy left is the apartheid era South Africans then don't, and watch the Joker on Batman or the Joker light on Skyfall
Acutally, I though the original Red Dawn was pretty 'anti-Russian' as it portrayed them as an unfeeling, maniacal, and unemotional-all the stereotypes that Americans still have of Russians to this day...
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

I think it's kind of dumb because China is the only credible enemy we really have in the region and they have been buying lots of weapons lately, military commanders making bellicose statements, etc.

North Korean just makes it unbelievable, they'd never reach our shores.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why would they remake that movie since the Cold War is no longer an issue?

The original one was really fake anyway. It looked like a cartoon. And was implausible.

They never use real Russian actors to portray Russian people in American movies, because in real life, Russians are a lot more emotional and passionate than Americans are, and they can't show that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

The_Hero_of_Men, stop ignoring your inner voice. It is right. DO NOT throw it away! And DO NOT see that movie(or ANY movie, for that matter). Your inner voice exists, so you can stop damning yourself as a human being and make positive changes to your future. It is The Creator's gift to you, that humans do not deserve as a whole.

The US government uses movie audiences to power their stupid psychic military. Most people don't realize that what little psychic power they have left(to pay attention to the movie) is being used against them to power the satanists' agenda. Not only that, the money that stupid sheep pour into the movie industry fuels their monetary system(all for me, none for you).
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I know in real life, the only military that might be capable of breaching out borders is China's army. I don't want to deny that voice; yet Red Dawn (The new one) seems like such a good movie.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback from you all!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

maniacal, unemotional, unfeeling
Basically, after the end of WWII, the Hollywood anti-German propaganda machine sunk its teeth into Russians. They needed to sell more movies so the new Cold War was a good way to roll out more films. Most directors had never met a Russian or seen one so they basically took the actors that played Germans and applied all the German stereotypes cold, unfeeling, icy eyes- just tweaked the accents and changed uniforms.

The Russians consider Americans to be soulless and passionless automatons with a glued on insincere smile. They just did not make as many anti-American movies, though, but instead spent next 30-40 years vilifying the Germans in theirs.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Winston wrote:Why would they remake that movie since the Cold War is no longer an issue?

The original one was really fake anyway. It looked like a cartoon. And was implausible.

They never use real Russian actors to portray Russian people in American movies, because in real life, Russians are a lot more emotional and passionate than Americans are, and they can't show that.
yeah i like the russians. especailly since they are more free in their country then americans.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:I know in real life, the only military that might be capable of breaching out borders is China's army. I don't want to deny that voice; yet Red Dawn (The new one) seems like such a good movie.
I can't persuade you to do anything. All I can do is tell you what happens when you make the wrong choice! It's up to you to choose. For example, I bet if you knew why the US government allows certain movies, TV shows, graphics and colors to be aired, you might be scared to death(and things get even scarier the deeper you go down the rabbit hole, as it were) But that's the purpose, anything that scares you is obviously gonna be avoided more often. That's your more primtivie brain in action!

I can't really be persuaded to dive into western entertainment. But it's all about knowing what's really going on, so you can make informed decisions. The more you know, the more powerful your inner voice is. It starts pushing you in many directions based on your knowledge alone. You'll know if your knowledge is true, by the fact that your inner voice will use it to steer your mind and thinking processes. I don't think it'll ever use "false" information.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »