Something about the new Red Dawn movie...

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Asian men are not respected in the U.S.

Anti Asian Jeremy Lin Facebook comments:

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

And it is black people who are the rudest to him. And they will be crying "racist" at the first opportunity someone says something about them.

It is not that he is not respected that is the saddest here. It is the fact that he is not seen as an American by almost all of them.

This it probably #2 reason to self-internationalize rather than trying to make America one's home. The country is obviously not civilized yet. It has all the signs of being the land of ignoramuses.

When it is Serbian guys playing, I don't think there is anything even remotely like it.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

What do you mean by self internationalization? Personally, I'm loyal to certain ideals that America had at its founding, but I don't think really exist anymore. So I'd be loyal to those ideals I have in whatever culture I can find them.
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

abcdavid01 wrote:What do you mean by self internationalization? Personally, I'm loyal to certain ideals that America had at its founding, but I don't think really exist anymore. So I'd be loyal to those ideals I have in whatever culture I can find them.
I am referring to a PT lifestyle.

Self-internationalization or self-multinationalization goes something like this:

Passport and citizenship - in a country that does not tax money earned outside the country or control actions.
Legal residence - in a tax haven.
Business base - where you earn your money, ideally somewhere with low corporate tax rates.
Asset haven - where you keep your money, ideally somewhere with low taxation of savings interest and capital gains.
Playgrounds - where you spend your money, ideally somewhere with low consumption tax and VAT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBDhWnLFJI
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ladislav wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:What do you mean by self internationalization? Personally, I'm loyal to certain ideals that America had at its founding, but I don't think really exist anymore. So I'd be loyal to those ideals I have in whatever culture I can find them.
I am referring to a PT lifestyle.

Self-internationalization or self-multinationalization goes something like this:

Passport and citizenship - in a country that does not tax money earned outside the country or control actions.
Legal residence - in a tax haven.
Business base - where you earn your money, ideally somewhere with low corporate tax rates.
Asset haven - where you keep your money, ideally somewhere with low taxation of savings interest and capital gains.
Playgrounds - where you spend your money, ideally somewhere with low consumption tax and VAT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_traveler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqBDhWnLFJI
Like this guy:

http://www.sovereignman.com/
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I can't really go back to Asia because of language issues and also the fact that my beliefs are already pretty much "American," or Asian American males.
Not "go back". Why go " back?" Are you from there originally? Just "go" without the "back". Most of your issues in Asia would be of legal nature- you are not a citizen although you may try and apply for a Nikkei visa in Japan- they give visas to people like you, etc. Please check that out.

Languages can be learned and traditions can be studied by buying a simple Culture Shock series book on Amazon.com

Beliefs etc. can be diversified and enriched by adding more and more new customs and traditions to them as you travel and live in all these countries.

Based on all your descriptions of your environment one can conclude the following

1) ( At least as far as the society's attitude to Asian males is concerned) the US society is ignorant, bigoted provincial and just stuck in the dark ages. It is not good. You should not try and adjust to it.

2) You should not try to built your identity based on how the US society defines and identifies you. Also, you should not become a Malcolm X. If you really wanted to, you can do it from overseas. Becoming a martyr fighting against a dumbed down society is not a good path.

3) You need to go through the process of self-multinalization. Meaning- you keep the US passport and get a US degree, you have a portable profession and you physically spend your time in kind, friendly countries with intelligent people who appreciate you and whose women adore you. I can think of say, Brazil, Panama or Mexico on the outset, and even the Philippines and Thailand ( does not fulfill on all counts), as well. This is the same path that I went through and it works very well.

Trust me, you will not be able to change the American ( or any other country's) ingrained prejudices- so better add other countries to America. Also, people like yourself are often engaged in professions that bridge civilizations- say, translators, international businessmen, international teachers, etc.

Let me give you this example:

I was in the Philippines recently and the US passport allowed me a very easy entry and temporary visas which could be extended indefinitely. Then I got a job online teaching Russians and doing Russian translations and interpretations. So, I lived as an American there with Russian rubles coming in through Paypal while enjoying the weather, the food ( well....) and the company of the beautiful women of the Philippines. I was also able to accumulate money by working in Saudi and Oman ( I was hired into those countries because of Middle Eastern experience and because I speak conversational Arabic pretty well ) as an American and then spending time in Japan- where I spoke Japanese to them, the Philippines again and other countries- enjoying Buenos Aires in Spanish, things like that.

So, you quilt your world milking every country for what it can give you and not milking it for what it cannot give you. You cannot get milk from a goat, you see. No matter how much you jack him off. And that is what many people's mistake is.

So, you learn not to buck the system, but to use it and get around things that are unpleasant and use your disadvantages in such as way as to make them your advantages. That is an art and you need to figure out how to do that.

Also, while the ignorant redneck Americans do not see you as American and give you an identity crisis, foreign governments do not have that problem. You are an American as far as their visa authorities are concerned and whatever perks you can get from various international treaties, you can get them.

So, advice from a 52 year old expat to a 21 year old-

Please read a book called PT - Perpetual Traveler ( it is on Amazon) and also devote less time to martyrdom and the "fight" against the redneck. You are fighting the Anglo tribal instinct. It goes back millennia. You will not win. You may soften it a bit after 50 years of rallying but is that what you want devote your life to? Would not you rather learn Portuguese and spend time on the Copacabana beach sipping rum and then walking in the sand with a swarthy Latina maiden?

Or would you rather be posting here about your "Mein Kampf"?

If you were in Brazil, you would be as Brazilian as anyone else, with a bunch of relaxed friends and several pretty girls calling you every day. The angry speeches would be a thing of the past. You need to experience it to believe it.
Yes, but there are two caveats to all such materials

1) do not follow them legally but only follow the philosophical part of their teaching which means- if you diversify and live in many different countries you can have a perfect life.

2) they are designed for very rich people and are mostly to help them avoid paying taxes legally. So they sell all these books but laws change daily so most of their stuff is outdated very quickly. So, again, use thier philosophy 'culturally'and philosophically, not 'legally'.

Create your own formula based on the skeletal structure that they provide. Cherry pick their ideas as they apply to you and see how you can create your own version of life similar to thier system but suited uniquely to you.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

the people who make such comments are simply eejits. theyd single out anyone they could to hurl abuse at, its just an easier outlet for them to do it to minorities. really think hard about what racism truly is and you should realize there is no reason to be personally offended by it. the world is going as it is regardless of your existence. you can either find serenity or frustration in this life, its a simple choice. pride-fueled delusions get you absolutely nowhere. you can resist everything now and experience frustration or accept everything now and find serenity. if you keep in mind that we will all be dead and gone relatively soon, it should influence you towards the correct choice on how to live.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Lone_yakuza, Ladislav is right! It's time to leave the country! Why not go back to Asia? No more excuses. The more you stay in the country and complain, the more crazy you will get! I'm finally heading out of the country (to Russia) to teach English. There's also nothing wrong with going to any of the Asian countries like the Philippines, S. Korea, or even Japan either. All of those places will treat you better than you are treated in America! Yeah, racism exists in this part of the world as well, but at least you won't face the same kind of hatred for being an Asian man as you get in the United States.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

There are really two time constraints. First is life itself and the idea that it should be lived to the fullest before death. The other is women's biological clock, which is important to someone like me who wants a family. Heck, even if men wait to have children there's a greater risk of mutations.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lone_yakuza wrote:Image
Where is this from? Facebook? It doesn't look like it.

Normal people wouldn't say those things just after seeing a movie. Those responses look canned.

Btw, here is the trailer of the film. It looks kind of stupid.

How would the North Koreans invade the US? There's no way that can happen. They wouldn't stand a chance.

If the US army can't defeat them, a bunch of teens can? Yeah right. That's so stupid.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

abcdavid01 wrote:There are really two time constraints. First is life itself and the idea that it should be lived to the fullest before death. The other is women's biological clock, which is important to someone like me who wants a family. Heck, even if men wait to have children there's a greater risk of mutations.
please drop this notion, for your own sake. it is a fallacy, not particularly a logical one as logic is only relative. you must see from a higher perspective to really understand. life itself is already full. there is not a single thing to gain or lose as not a single being on earth has ever created or destroyed energy. just being is enough, and all there is. existence in itself is the wonder, and you are not seperate from anything in it. it cannot be understood logically, has to be felt. all i can do is point you to the right direction and hope that you see.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I don't live by that notion. But I suppose what you're advocating is timeless.