Turkey Visas & Residency

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

swedpdlr here's the Turkish Immigration Helpdesk for foreigners- 02125728677.
They speak english, but some advisers are better than others so you might have to call several times until you get someon with 10/10 english.

I'm done with Turkey it's been a interesting rollercoaster but time well spent. I'm looking for a new location in Europe but I'm so undecided.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

hi renata, i would prefer south european countries because of the weather... you could make short steps beginning with for example cyrus (greek part)....and work your way north though it would take much time...:)
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

hey billy, how's life in turkey are you still here? what's going on with you?
I took a job in Hatay, and there was a clash between 2 groups details are sketchy ... but my housing complex was the epicenter for all the rioting & I had soldiers running past my balcony there was an explosion of some sort .. I flew back to antalya so quick lol .. I'm in izmir now.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

renata, damn that´s terrible....glad you´re well. :)

yes the east is really tough. - i am still in ankara. it´s good as i don´t have to pay rent. i don´t work so basically i am on retirement mode. maybe next year i will check the coastal region though ankara ist not that bad. the weather is quite ok. i don´t know if i can stand the hot humid weather at the coast. we´ll see. - note to ankara: it´s rated as the best city in turkey. -

so your adventures will gon on... :)
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

sounds great Billy ... that's the life :wink:

I was in ankara for 2 days in august the school sent us for training ... I was very impressed with the infrastructure and how clean' it was.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

As for Turkey visa, I travelled to Philippines, went to embassy with girlfriend, asked politely how to do 'next time'. If not possible to bring her to Turkey, I would seriously consider selling my condo and move elsewhere. The embassy official consulted the Visa consul, five minutes later he joined the discussion, and said "we have reconsidered your case, she will get her tourist visa for 21 days" (maximum limit now). "Please apply for Blue book residence permit when inside Turkey, also get married, then your problems are gone for ever", that's what happened. And within soon we fly to Alanya. W/o my coming here in Manila and bring the case to higher level, it would have been lost case. Women from '3rd world' countries are not welcome, but for DH jobs, not available in Turkey, but in far east.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

That's the best way. When you do apply for the blue Residecy book, she will get either 3 months or 1 year, & have to renew everytime it expires, until married. She'll need to show a bank balance in order to get the residency renewed. The funny thing with immigration here they'll never ask for or do a CRB check / Criminal records on a person but if your bank balance is fat; welcome aboard.

swedpdlr I'm from a so called 3rd world country :? as well.

swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Renata wrote:That's the best way. When you do apply for the blue Residecy book, she will get either 3 months or 1 year, & have to renew everytime it expires, until married. She'll need to show a bank balance in order to get the residency renewed. The funny thing with immigration here they'll never ask for or do a CRB check / Criminal records on a person but if your bank balance is fat; welcome aboard.

swedpdlr I'm from a so called 3rd world country :? as well.
Visa consul in Turkey/Manila embassy, said that 6 or even 9 months, at first application for Blue book. I know it has to be renewed, I'm in same position, even if I easily get maximum months, from years back. I also learned, as you say, that the key is a fat bank account, I will open an AkBank account for her, my turkish bank since years back. Funny rules, get an account loaded, print out a receipt, and then you're in drivers seat. Next day you transfer money back where they belong, nobody asks. We will be in Turkey from mid March, also getting married, to avoid future night mares as we expererienced last year.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

swed, so you are coming back to turkey. i like how you change continents like it´s nothing.lol.

renata, is t.a.t. really a third world coutry?
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

so they' say billy but we live better than most of the world

swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

One thing is for sure, MONEY talks. A common filipina w/o money assets is helpless and no chance for entrance to Turkey. I went to Manila and Turkey embassy, I was respected as a foreign westerner, and after talking to the Visa manager about me and my girlfriends situation, he spoke internally with next highest ranked officer in embassy, and they reconsidered. She got her Visa, now in Turkey with me. There are differences between people, no doubt. Thirld world women are low ranked, and only wealthy westerners with fat bank accounts and property owners as well, can count on beeing treated positively. That I learned the hard way.

As for Sweden, my native country, that's another story. You only have to convince immigration authorities that you are in a serious relationship, when done, you fiance gets one year residence permittance, if you stay together in same apartment. Then another year also, if still together as a couple. The third time they ask, they give the woman life time permittance, provided you're still a couple. I think Sweden has the most generous and humane attitude of all countries, I never discovered any other country having similar attitude to couples wanting to join and share life, beeing from different culture and countries.