Filipinos how we fare in Latin America?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
mguy
Junior Poster

Filipinos how we fare in Latin America?

Post by mguy »

Greetings.

I have an opportunity to travel right now and want to see what to expect in Latin America. I am filipino-american. I am near fluent (very very good) in Spanish. I'm 5'11, moreno with Filipino features, brown skin, flip nose, with Spanish eyes. 28 years old well educated good income. I could blend in probably in central america if I wear shades and grow a beard.

I once traveled to central america and had a long term gf for 5 months, she was light skin and very mestiza. They seem to mistake me for chino but I really dont know how to take it.

Information is kinda limited as it pertains to me, but I want to be in a position where I will be desired. I am attracted to Latinas, specifically morenas who are mixed (kinda like me) part indio and part something else. Latin curves, but natural.

How would I do in latin america and where would I go to maximize my chances and what should I expect?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipinos how we fare in Latin America?

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:Greetings.

I have an opportunity to travel right now and want to see what to expect in Latin America. I am filipino-american. I am near fluent (very very good) in Spanish. I'm 5'11, moreno with Filipino features, brown skin, flip nose, with Spanish eyes. 28 years old well educated good income. I could blend in probably in central america if I wear shades and grow a beard.

I once traveled to central america and had a long term gf for 5 months, she was light skin and very mestiza. They seem to mistake me for chino but I really dont know how to take it.

Information is kinda limited as it pertains to me, but I want to be in a position where I will be desired. I am attracted to Latinas, specifically morenas who are mixed (kinda like me) part indio and part something else. Latin curves, but natural.

How would I do in latin america and where would I go to maximize my chances and what should I expect?
Talk to Falcon about Mexico as he's Chinito who seemed to like it there. I think forum has another contributing member living there who spent time both in Peru and Phils before (handle slips me at moment) and even a girl there now who contributes once in awhile.

I stand by my first post to u. What sort of specific data are u looking for?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome mguy. I'm sure you'd fare quite well in Latin America, whether Mexico, Central America, or South America. Spanish language skills are by far the most important, and since you've got that plus experience in Central America, you should be fine. I once met a Cebuano guy who has traveled all over Latin America as a flamenco guitarist. He speaks no Tagalog or any Visayan dialects at all, but has almost native fluency in Spanish. Of course, he is basically seen as an Asian Latino.

The Philippines used to have an especially close relationship with Mexico, due to the Manila-Acapulco galleon trade. On the coast of Guerrero state in Mexico, there are still communities descended from the old Filipino immigrant families. If you go to the Acapulco historic fort museum, you'll see lots of relics from the Philippines, including pieces of ships built in the Cavite shipyard.

A few times, I've told random Mexicans that I was Filipino to see how they'd react (what impression they would have of Filipinos). The reactions are always quite positive, and one common question is about whether Filipinos still speak a lot of Spanish in the Philippines. Be sure to tell them about commonalities, such as how the majority of Filipinos are Catholic, how Filipino folkloric music sounds like traditional Latin American rancheras and waltzes, and so on.

My Mexican gf that I had mentioned in some of other posts, is in fact lighter skinned and very mestiza / mixed-looking. Pics available by PM requests. :D

Where to go depends a lot on your personal preferences.
- The state of Guerrero in Mexico (especially the Acapulco area) should be especially interesting for Pinoys.
- Peru is also highly recommended, since it's really the most Asian country in Latin America. There are many mestiza and white women in the coastal cities.
- Also consider Guatemala and Colombia
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Sounds positive!

In Mexico there's also this boxing thing we have going on which increased the relationship.

How common did you see latin-asians and latinas in romance? In Peru I'm getting the feel that there is quite a racial integration going on (similar to pinas), which means they are open? How about the Carribeans?

Also where in the Spanish speaking world would the odds be most favorable in your opinion?

Like almost a white guy with blonde blue eyes like level of advantage?

Does this type of scenario exist?

I also have fotos de mi ex novia pa' intercambiar
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When you go there, you will fare very well. They will think you are a Latino, too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Cool, I'd be happy to see your novia pics mguy.

Wherever there is a significant population of Asian Latinos, you'll see them dating people from other racial backgrounds. Historically, Asian male - non-Asian female couples were much more common than the vice versa one, which tends to happen in modern-day North America.
How common did you see latin-asians and latinas in romance?
In Mexico, not that much, since all the "pure chinos" are actually recent immigrants who stick to themselves. If you poke around some more though, you'll realize that quite a few Mexicans actually have partial Chinese (especially from the Taishan area of Guangdong) or even Japanese (often Okinawan) descent. Nonetheless, I do know some of these types of couples.
ladislav wrote:They will think you are a Latino, too.
Actually, oftentimes not, except for Peru, and the white tourists in Latin America. Whoever has what the locals consider to be Asian eyes, including those of Amerindian and Malay descent, would be called "chinito." A Salvadorean guy told me that he considers the word "chinito" as referring to their facial features, not "Chinese."
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Do we have data of Puerto Rico? Looking to go there.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:Do we have data of Puerto Rico? Looking to go there.
I think about everything written on this forum about Puerto Rico and Puerto Ricans suggests its a bad place to hunt for women. Have searched the archives on the forum yet for the 'data' you've been asking for? There's a lot here already amassed over the years. Try both the forum Search function and also Google which sometimes leads to various parts of the forum directly.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Is the holy grail existent?

The white boy blonde blue eyes kind of nuclear advantage?

I'm almost certain that will never happen but how close can we get to that?

Cmon guys!!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

How about Colombia?

I have seen the pics and know of them, are they open to dating Asians/Filipinos or is it only a white boy type of affair?

viewtopic.php?t=15492

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Im the Filipino frontier! Woooohoo.

Trip is taking shape, but from the research it sounds sounds like this:

Mexico - Best bet. Large country. Has colonial complex. Culture is already intertwined. Falcon recommended. Thread on Social circle game. Might be awesome for me, might not be -- who knows?
Colombia - I really just want to see these legendary females before I die even if I do not get play. I have a feeling it will be mostly a white guy's area with white fetishes but we shall see. Might get LASIK here.
Peruvian - Dude. I look Peruvian? Anyways, supposedly an interracial city but I'll be damned if I get looks. Might see Shaman here.
Carribeans - uncharted territories/data unavailable. But I love the beach and would like to see it anyways if funds are available

Should I be pipelining these girls from online and meeting them there? Or should I just pop out of nowhere and start be-friending people?

I really do not know. I would like to take Spanish classes to get a feel of the local dialects however.

Also, I'm not looking for a wifey! More like romantic fling if possible. If I fall madly in love (doubt it) then i'm open to that as well.

Now researching costs and gather more specific information.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Also I know Salsa. I would be rated at intermediate-advanced if I go to an academy. And bachata. And merengue.

Does this help me at all?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

mguy wrote:Also I know Salsa. I would be rated at intermediate-advanced if I go to an academy. And bachata. And merengue.

Does this help me at all?
Definitely, it will help you a lot. Latinas absolutely love guys who know how to dance with them. :wink:

I know norteño. It's really easy. :D

I personally would not recommend looking online, though it's worked for a friend of mine who found a wife in Mexico that way. I always pop out of nowhere and just start talking to the locals once I'm there. It's particularly easy to do so if you're fluent in Spanish.

What kinds of experiences you'll have are hard to predict. Even different parts of countries can be worlds apart.

Nearly half of Peru's population is Amerindian, while Colombia is mostly mestizo, white, and black, and is only 1% Amerindian (not unlike Brazil). I get the impression that Peruvians are generally much more reserved than Colombians are.

As for Colombia, I'm quite sure that it's not just for white boys. It's because I haven't been there and reported on it yet, hahaha! You'll probably also get that impression of Mexico if I hadn't been reporting about it on this forum. :wink: I've talked to Colombianas online before, and they are just as friendly with Asian guys as the Mexicanas are. Asians will be far more of a curiosity in Colombia than in neighboring Peru, so that might actually work to your advantage!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Bogota it is. Booked.

Any more info on Bogota?

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

did you looked at rooshv forum? there you will find a lot of stuff.