How to initiate dating with Chinese women?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Dragon wrote:You guys are complicating things. In order to attract Chinese women, all you need to do is go up to them and do this:

(Note: This works on Ginger too :lol: ).
That's a certain percentage of PRC gals including many in the cities. And there r plenty of wealthier Chinese guys who like and know how deal with those types.

But Falcon doesn't wanna roll like that and he doesn't need to. I believe there's also a good percentage of educated gals in second and even first tier cities who would appreciate what he has to offer as an attractive man, not a walking wallet. I also have confidence that he could do well in Taiwan since his intentions are to find a sincere LT gf.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Dragon wrote:You guys are complicating things. In order to attract Chinese women, all you need to do is go up to them and do this:

Proposing them by handing them wads of bills would work well in barber shops, massage parlors, and karaoke bars all over China.

Elsewhere, expect to get slapped in the face. :P
But Falcon doesn't wanna roll like that and he doesn't need to. I believe there's also a good percentage of educated gals in second and even first tier cities who would appreciate what he has to offer as an attractive man, not a walking wallet.
Yes I'd agree, I've met many of them already. :D
I also have confidence that he could do well in Taiwan since his intentions are to find a sincere LT gf.
Oh wow. Yeah, if I do get a chance to visit Taiwan, I'll stop by and try this out for myself. For me, "doing well" doesn't mean having to pick up scores of women, but just finding a few sincere ones.
Last edited by Falcon on December 2nd, 2012, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

You guys are taking a joke and analyzing it too much lol...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Because complex analysis comes hand-in-hand with the ladies. :wink:

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:
Proposing them by handing them wads of bills would work well in barber shops, massage parlors, and karaoke bars all over China.

Elsewhere, expect to get slapped in the face. :P
Well, outside of P4P venues, u should arrange it thru 'channels' or at least propose it in an Asian way. One of my Taiwan American friends in Shanghai had a smoking hot girlfriend from the Northeast and was dating other assorted model types before her, some pure Shanghai gals. And he typically looked after them to the tune of 80-100K RMB every month.

Chinese girls can be extremely pragmatic and that attitude gets reinforced by others in a very materialistic urban society. So if she's young and hot, it behooves her to monetize the 'men throwing money' window for the few precious years its fully opened as best as possible.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Re: Off thread response

Post by Ginger »

Rock wrote:
Ginger wrote:
Rock wrote:
Ginger wrote:
Btw, the USD is fast becoming very unattractive in SEA amongst the educated and/or city folks, scandinavian guys are the new hot item (and other north european and west european nationalities). No further comment :P
Damn, I was gonna make a similar comment but u beat me to the punch.

U chose the wrong currency bud! Chinese prolly have a lot more respect for RMB, gold, or even Aussie $ or Swiss Franc. US has already flooded China w/our dollars in turn for keeping our Wal-Marts fully stocked and Apple and other tech brands brimming with phones, tablets, computers, etc.

In last decade, US$ has lost 50-80% of its real purchasing power in parts of Asia and LatAm due to the triple whammy of exchange rate weakening, local inflation in those areas, and inflation in States (its much worse than CPI suggests). I wrote about this dynamic on this forum a couple years ago when lots of posters including Winston were telling others to abandon their jobs, pack-up, move to PI or Mexico, and live happily ever after on like under $1,000 a month. Good luck with that!

Don't know what any of this has to do w/Scandinavian guys tho, lol! Europe is in the shitter too and Euro has been losing ground even against US buck as of late.

Well scandinavians and dutch tend to be taller, cuter, smarter, and more sincere/long term material compared to american males generally speaking (speaking of those who are into asian women or wanting to find asian gf/wife). Just look at the age of those seeking girls in asia, most from scandinavia are still young while those from US are older.

Economy is much more stable as well and most are not yet jaded (the jadedness comment is based on data gathered from talking with guys on the two subject population groups), moreso, the crime rate in their country is way less than in US (Western europeans too).

Just voicing out a new trend. US glory days are near its end, you guys better try to get your hands on another passport and currency lol.
Scandinavian men taller than Americans: Agreed but marginally, like by 2-3 cm. If u strip out so-called Asian Americans and Latino/Hispanic Americans, this gap narrows to almost nil. And yes, the Dutch are even taller on average, like 2 cm above Scandinavians.

Scandinavia/W. Europe safer than USA: If you're talking about assaults and murder rate differences, then totally agreed. Facts and figures bear this out clearly.

(W. European) economy more stable and most are not yet jaded: ???? I really don't know what u mean by this, lol

Scandinavian men are cuter, smarter, more sincere, younger, blah blah, compared to American males seeking Asian gf/wife: Hmm. Perhaps. But did u get this impression from anecdotal evidence in the Phils or do u have more to back-it-up?

Just considering the age part, I really don't see that many older American guys in developed NE Asia as majority of Americans seem to be younger English teachers. As for Bangkok and Pattaya, I've probably seen more Scandinavian retirees than Americans. Ditto for Germans, Brits, Aussies, etc. But then there are fewer Americans in greater Bangkok than Germanic Euros and Aussies. Were u really talking about Asia or just Phils?

As for Phils, it does attract a big number of certain older American males and for good reason. It may be one of their best options if they r interested in dating young women. As another poster (Royaldude I think) stated after spending time in Phils, Peru, and Mexico, youth is a much more material contributor to dating success for men in the latter two countries than the former. I think that principal appliers to the bulk of countries vis-a-vis the Phils.

So European men in Phils tend to younger than their American counterparts or there a trend in this direction? Do u have any stats on this or is that your impression from personal experience, that of your friends, and/or general observation? So far, I've only noticed a higher percentages of younger foreign males within the Korean groups. But I've not spent much time in Phils so I could be way off base.

"US glory days are near its end": As far as this forum is concerned, that's very old news. You're pretty much preaching to the choir. Globetrotter and others used to pontificate on that theme in great detail. Even now, Taco frequently posts stuff to that effect backing it up with facts and figures. But nowadays, the focus is more on how bad American females and how their mangina bitches have corrupted the US and are spreading their poison all over the world.

I was referring to the US male dominance in terms of attracting asian girls (and by that I mean both from SEA and NEA, and currently still in asia).

I'm referring to a current study that involves some 500-600 college level/college grad asian females regarding mate choice (foreign men choice). I only have the partial analysis (only 500 or so from urban SEA and NEA, the other 80-100 not yet tabulated/taken in). I'm sorry I cannot post the results here at HA, as it is not my study to share, I'm just one of the peer reviewers. So far, american males are in the 7th (choices are caucasian dominated nationalities). Please take note the respondents are from 9 asian countries, are from urban area, are educated and are from female age group 18-26. I believe the US is still number 1 to the village/rural girls, so no biggie.

If you want stats, I can give you stats, just not here (reason stated above), and you may choose between partial or full analysis. I am not allowed to divulge more publicly. Also, there are 2 separate studies that supports the stuff I said (one is a year old and one is still on-going).

Maybe you will understand what I mean more when I have time to explain in detail every single sentence I said. I admit there was some room for misunderstanding on the way I divided paragraphs because it's difficult to type on a phone while standing on a moving vehicle and trying to hit enter before the page reloads and I lose all I've typed.

Rock wrote:
Ginger wrote:

Do take into consideration the (various) contexts in which I said things I said (they are duly noted), thanks.

Also, let's not hi-jack the thread.
OK, I suppose u mean Asia = Phils and the context, in the parts not noted, is anecdotal experience within yr circles.

Original thread is dead as it was already hijacked twice over - first to US dollar/American empire in decline and then to European vs. American male pursuers of Asian/Pinay women. So unless Falcon has any lingering comments or ???s, I'll leave it as is.

But since yr. penultimate post piqued my curiosity, I may re-visit that topic later in a new thread to see what the PI hands have to say on it.

No, I did not mean only the Philippines, I think I have said 'asian' and 'SEA girls' on the first comment I made, if I meant only PI girls, I would have used the term pinay/filipina.

Are you sure you are not misinterpreting/reading too much into it? Anyways I can counter and nit pick your analysis/interpretation of what I said but I'm swamped for time (you know I'm on zombie week). I'll have to mimic momopi's response to winston and say you need to ask only a few things at a time or pay me a consultancy fee (JK) ahahah :D

As for the thread hi-jacking, I'm being overly conscious because for some reason, when I do participate in hi-jacking a thread, someone freaks out and yells 'feminist/troll' which ironically is only directed to me and seldom to any guy I am simply responding to. It does get old and is very off-putting. Okay, enough of the rant...this is becoming 'trolling' even on my dictionary lol.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Oh now I realize what I did not really like in the pic, the nails and fingers are sorta ugly-ish, guy need to have nice hands lol.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Falcon wrote:
#4 - As you see, this is why it's frustrating. Also, could you explain how this "touch escalation" is done?
When I go out with a girl, I gauge many subtle signs even when I'm walking with her. How slowly does she walk? How does her body respond when I subtly bump into her by 'accident'? When I shake hands with her or touch her hand for some reason, how relaxed or stiff is it. When u meet someone, there are all kinds of things going on physically, many of which she might not be conscious of at the time. The body reveals true right brain type feelings. U need to get in touch with these.

Case in point. Winston's girl in Taichung introduced me to her friend once. She came by to see us all briefly in the mall and met me for the first time. Within 5-10 minutes, I knew she had no interest in me (chemistry not there on her side). I concluded that from some very subtle hints in her speaking and the way her body responded when I got a bit closer, analyzed her skin (she was on her way to get a facial), and briefly touched her hands. But Winston's friend thought it went well and didn't find out until two days later (when she talked w/her again) what I already knew. Likewise, Winston kept encouraging me to call her and arrange a date. So yes, it takes some practice and experience to read Taiwan girls with fair accuracy. But as you get better at it, you will save a lot of time and figure out which girls you can move forward with and how quickly u can escalate things. Expect to make some mistakes along the way, lol.

2 things which are very popular in Taiwan which I personally don't like - singing at KTV and eating hotpot. Both are group activities and some guys like to work girls from within groups. Tht's generally not been my style but some guys, including locals, r quite good at working those situations into closer friendships or more with target girls within the group. There's many ways to skin a cat.
You are right. Come to think of it, that girl was looking away a lot, looking at her smart phone, and her body language looked restless like she wanted to leave. Women are supposed to pick up on this. I don't know why my Taichung friend didn't. But as we know, women like to sugar coat things.

What if a Chinese girl goes out with you but doesn't show any physical affection or affectionate body language? Is there any way to create chemistry?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
Falcon wrote:
#4 - As you see, this is why it's frustrating. Also, could you explain how this "touch escalation" is done?
When I go out with a girl, I gauge many subtle signs even when I'm walking with her. How slowly does she walk? How does her body respond when I subtly bump into her by 'accident'? When I shake hands with her or touch her hand for some reason, how relaxed or stiff is it. When u meet someone, there are all kinds of things going on physically, many of which she might not be conscious of at the time. The body reveals true right brain type feelings. U need to get in touch with these.

Case in point. Winston's girl in Taichung introduced me to her friend once. She came by to see us all briefly in the mall and met me for the first time. Within 5-10 minutes, I knew she had no interest in me (chemistry not there on her side). I concluded that from some very subtle hints in her speaking and the way her body responded when I got a bit closer, analyzed her skin (she was on her way to get a facial), and briefly touched her hands. But Winston's friend thought it went well and didn't find out until two days later (when she talked w/her again) what I already knew. Likewise, Winston kept encouraging me to call her and arrange a date. So yes, it takes some practice and experience to read Taiwan girls with fair accuracy. But as you get better at it, you will save a lot of time and figure out which girls you can move forward with and how quickly u can escalate things. Expect to make some mistakes along the way, lol.

2 things which are very popular in Taiwan which I personally don't like - singing at KTV and eating hotpot. Both are group activities and some guys like to work girls from within groups. Tht's generally not been my style but some guys, including locals, r quite good at working those situations into closer friendships or more with target girls within the group. There's many ways to skin a cat.
You are right. Come to think of it, that girl was looking away a lot, looking at her smart phone, and her body language looked restless like she wanted to leave. Women are supposed to pick up on this. I don't know why my Taichung friend didn't. But as we know, women like to sugar coat things.

What if a Chinese girl goes out with you but doesn't show any physical affection or affectionate body language? Is there any way to create chemistry?
Simple. Get them alone and in private. Public outings kill mood. Most are pretty shy and the younger generation glued to iphones no matter where they go, is a worldwide problem. I would like to think that means they do not feel that glued to you, but maybe they actually do. My wife plays with her alot too, but my relatives commented on how she is always touching, clinging, and holding onto me and they like seeing that kind of body language from her. She also does lots for me, so I get to see the whole picture.

Sometimes our old-fashioned ways can hurt us a little in perception if we stay fixated on one thing.
shayanjameel08
Freshman Poster

Post by shayanjameel08 »

Yeah most Chinese girls simply do not understand or feel comfortable with the Western concept of serial dating.
shyan
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

shayanjameel08 wrote:Yeah most Chinese girls simply do not understand or feel comfortable with the Western concept of serial dating.
+100000 So damn true!!!!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

There are still Chinese women who like to take things slowly, but they are increasingly becoming Americanized and adopting many of the games played by AW, such as being indecisive and the "friend zone." I've seen this Americanization in women from all backgrounds. Taking pictures with all those ###ed up expressions, randomly giggling with a bunch of friends, showing off their belongings, and playing with V-Chat or QQ is NOT the sign of any mature woman.

I'm especially pissed by their obssession with V-Chat in the past 2 years or so. Pretty much 95% of what they post in there is meaningless and just a total waste of their lives. I once went out for a coffee with a 24 year old gal (just as someone I knew sort of well) and she was playing with her cell phone for pretty much the entire time! It was extremely annoying and disrespectful, even on friendly terms.

I mean seriously WTH, are they that desperate to let everyone know about every micro-detail of their existence? LOL It's like V-Chat has become their life support system

Chinese women in recent years have increasingly adopted the "men are freaks" belief. Yes, they may still be easier to approach than the average AW, but once you express any sort of liking towards them they start becoming defensive as if you should be put into some sort of quarantine. They also lack knowledge/self-cultivation and shy away from anything requiring depth or imagination, unless it has a purpose in their practical lives.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How to initiate dating with Chinese women?

Post by Winston »

Falcon, I was wondering the same thing. Taiwanese and Chinese women seem like cold fish, very frigid and prudish. With zero passion, there is nothing to work with to warm things up or spark some energy. Trying to seduce a Taiwanese woman is like trying to reanimate a corpse. There's no logical way to do it.

Here is an outline of the normal seduction process. You all probably do something similar:

1. Make her laugh. Tease her. Say some sweet romantic things to melt her heart. Make it creative and original.
2. Find what you have in common with her and build a connection on that. If you really do have a lot in common then this will be easy.
3. Try to hold her hand and make her get used to it. Put your arm around her when you sit together.
4. Go somewhere romantic with a nice view or atmosphere or ambiance. Then get close to her and try to kiss her on the cheek. Then work your way toward her lips.
5. Take her someplace where you can slowdance with her so you can bond through touching. (This will be much easier in Russia or Europe because they have dancing even in small cafes) If you are a good dancer then take her to a club where you will shine. Otherwise take her to a karaoke bar.
6. If she drinks then give her some alcohol but most girls I know don't like to drink.
7. Kiss her by starting on the hand, then cheek, then work your way toward her lips. Do it in small increments so she will reciprocate, progressing with each step.
8. When things get warm then suggest going to your place or hers or somewhere with privacy. Then get intimate and try to go all the way if possible.
9. Sometimes she will not go all the way but will say that's enough and draw the line. If so then repeat the above steps until she puts out.

That's the standard seduction process. It works well in Philippines, Russia, Latin America, and maybe eastern Europe. A feminine woman who likes you will respond to this process and allow it to escalate.

But it doesn't seem to work in Taiwan or America. Taiwanese girls don't allow the above steps to escalate. They BLOCK the process completely. They aren't open to seduction at all and are a total cold fish and extremely prudish and frigid.

So how the F are you supposed to get intimate with them?! It's a huge mystery to me with no logical solution.

Also they are very cold and closed and 100 practical as well, so they don't even truly believe in love and seem to have no feelings. Without passion, there's no way to build chemistry or get warmer. No logical or direct way that is. You can't really connect with an empty shell with no romantic soul or inner life. You know what I mean?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How to initiate dating with Chinese women?

Post by Rock »

There's many ways to skin a cat. What works for one person may or may not work for another. Also, tailoring your approach to a specific type may be more effective but you have to accumulate people reading skills.

When I was active in Taiwan, perhaps my most common approach was to get contact details including a phone number and then work the girl by talk and chat. I try to get all kinds of info from her during our conversations, stuff about her personal life, motivations, zodiac stuff etc. As I got to know her (assuming she opened up to me and was willing to spend time talking), I would start seducing her on the phone if she gave me the right signals. At some stage, the girl can actually start having feelings for you before even meeting you for a real date since she's already seen you in person, albeit briefly. That's what seemed to work for me cus it fit in well with my personal skill set - like to talk, seductive voice, patient, etc. I'm the telephone man lol.

Monkro has a classmate (from some Eastern European country I think) who is very good at meeting and attracting girls using mostly body language including his dance skills. He's not much of a talker at all. At least that's what Monkro told me and that's in the USA. There are some guys who do pretty decently in America in spite of not being better than average looking.

The good thing about Filipinas in general I think is that they often respond to kindness and sweetness. I've seen and heard many indications that a lot of Filipinos are really quite sweet to the girls in the chasing/courting stage and they can really capture hearts lol.

Taiwanese women are generally more difficult and take more effort assuming they have a decent impression of you at the start and are open to knowing you. If they don't and are not, then it's virtually impossible. And they have become more difficult than they used to be if Monkro's recent experiences are representative of more general situation (they may or may not be).

I think Mainland Chinese women tend to be a lot more pragmatic and calculating then garden variety Taiwanese. Sure there are many exceptions to that in such a large and diverse country like China. But if a young pretty girl with no children gets involved with a middle aged Taiwanese American, she's probably gonna be thinking (or her circle is going to be asking her if she tells them about you) what is she gonna get from this. They actually would think its sha (stupid) to fall in love with a guy like that if its not going to provide some tangible practical benefit in return. This seems to be the way so many mainlanders think from what I've seen. Sure the Taiwanese may exaggerate the bad side of China and act like there are absolutely no exceptions to this (they are wrong about that). But people there are still generally very practical in their thinking and they really calculate a lot.
Winston
Site Admin

Re:

Post by Winston »

But that's not necessarily true. For example, this Chinese girl thinks I'm a millionaire yet she isn't interested in dating me because she doesn't have feelings for me. Instead, she wants to use me by borrowing ten thousand dollars from me. How do you explain that?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25502

This just goes to show that women don't fit into formulas like many of you think. Even the best economists cannot predict human behavior with the best scientific formulas.