UCLA signs call Asian women 'White-Boy Worshipping Whores'

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

It was typed and printed, with a third finger up.

Original news stories:

Racial and sexist slurs found on stall door of women's bathroom
http://www.dailybruin.com/blog/timestam ... 6ad292a104

Student group sign vandalized with racist, sexist slurs
http://www.dailybruin.com/blog/timestam ... xist-slurs

An infuriated white boy and Asian girl holding up signs (guess who's mad).

Last edited by Falcon on December 3rd, 2012, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Dragon wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:I don't oppose whites marrying Asian women. I'm just opposed to whites marrying the good looking ones such as Liu Yi Fei. Luckily girls like Liu Yi Fei don't even look at white dudes and only have eyes for good looking dudes like me Smile. Even many half-whites from outside the USA like Leah Dizon usually date/tend to date Asian guys.

And the other thing is that girls like Liu Yi Fei are rare as f**k. Most Asian women and especially Asian American women are not that attractive. It is also hilarious that most white guys end up with very plain or downright ugly Asian girls. Hey, they are taking one for the team. They are alsao improving the gene pool. How can I be opposed to that?!
I just looked up Liu Yi Fei. She is pretty but she's not that great. There's a lot of girls in SoCal that are around her level.

I agree with what a lot of you guys are saying but isn't it a little shallow to bring up Zuckerberg? I suppose it's what you want and can attain. This is not to defend them but Mark Zuckerberg's girl, although not that pretty, is a doctor and probably very accomplished/intelligent. Liu Yi Fei, while much prettier than Mark's girl, could possibly be an airhead outside of her acting career. For all this talk about superficial Asian American women, you guys sure aren't rising above their level...

Exactly!

Warning: be prepared to be labeled as another 'mangina' in the near future lol (re your recent female favored comments).
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Ginger wrote:
Dragon wrote:
lone_yakuza wrote:I don't oppose whites marrying Asian women. I'm just opposed to whites marrying the good looking ones such as Liu Yi Fei. Luckily girls like Liu Yi Fei don't even look at white dudes and only have eyes for good looking dudes like me Smile. Even many half-whites from outside the USA like Leah Dizon usually date/tend to date Asian guys.

And the other thing is that girls like Liu Yi Fei are rare as f**k. Most Asian women and especially Asian American women are not that attractive. It is also hilarious that most white guys end up with very plain or downright ugly Asian girls. Hey, they are taking one for the team. They are alsao improving the gene pool. How can I be opposed to that?!
I just looked up Liu Yi Fei. She is pretty but she's not that great. There's a lot of girls in SoCal that are around her level.

I agree with what a lot of you guys are saying but isn't it a little shallow to bring up Zuckerberg? I suppose it's what you want and can attain. This is not to defend them but Mark Zuckerberg's girl, although not that pretty, is a doctor and probably very accomplished/intelligent. Liu Yi Fei, while much prettier than Mark's girl, could possibly be an airhead outside of her acting career. For all this talk about superficial Asian American women, you guys sure aren't rising above their level...

Exactly!

Warning: be prepared to be labeled as another 'mangina' in the near future lol (re your recent female favored comments).
Marry me (even though you're probably a little older than me).
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Exactly!

A bit off topic but not totally. I was in Butuan in 2008 and stayed at a hotel there. There was a man sitting outside, just biding his time. I walked up to him and just chatted with him in Visaya. My Visaya is not very good but I can still hold a conversation. Another man passed by and asked him if I could speak Visaya. He turned to him and very unemotinally and as-a-matter-of-factly said : "Visaya sia" ( He is a Visayan). In the Philippine culture, you are the language you speak regardless of skin color. He never called me white or anything like this. Suddenly I was accepted as a member of his ancient ethnic group- I was now one of these- Sri Vijanas:

what tied me to this ancestry was the fact that I spoke in that language

I had never seen anything like this on earth and it was a perfect system- you speak that language- that is what you are. It was like this with many N. American Indian tribes- you spoke Lakota? You were a Lakota. Until these new racist systems started arriving from Europe.

On another occasion I was in Manila and one guy tried to drag me into an alley to, as I learned later, rob me. I spoke to him in Tagalog, asked him for directions and explain that I was lost and needed help. He explain everything to me and as I was leaving I heard him say " Di pwede mag-holdap sa kanya, dahil Tagalog sya"- "We can't rob him because he is a Tagalog". Again, you speak the language- you are one of us- even if you have an accent and are of a different color.

So, I became one of these:

Just for speaking the language. A brilliant and a very humane, socially advanced system. That alone makes me forget anything else about the Philippines that is unpleasant.

No one would be writing the stuff about Asian women in the Philippines like this anywhere.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

ladislav wrote:
Exactly!

A bit off topic but not totally. I was in Butuan in 2008 and stayed at a hotel there. There was a man sitting outside, just biding his time. I walked up to him and just chatted with him in Visaya. My Visaya is not very good but I can still hold a conversation. Another man passed by and asked him if I could speak Visaya. He turned to him and very unemotinally and as-a-matter-of-factly said : "Visaya sia" ( He is a Visayan). In the Philippine culture, you are the language you speak regardless of skin color. He never called me white or anything like this. Suddenly I was accepted as a member of his ancient ethnic group- I was now one of these- Sri Vijanas:

what tied me to this ancestry was the fact that I spoke in that language

I had never seen anything like this on earth and it was a perfect system- you speak that language- that is what you are. It was like this with many N. American Indian tribes- you spoke Lakota? You were a Lakota. Until these new racist systems started arriving from Europe.

On another occasion I was in Manila and one guy tried to drag me into an alley to, as I learned later, rob me. I spoke to him in Tagalog, asked him for directions and explain that I was lost and needed help. He explain everything to me and as I was leaving I heard him say " Di pwede mag-holdap sa kanya, dahil Tagalog sya"- "We can't rob him because he is a Tagalog". Again, you speak the language- you are one of us- even if you have an accent and are of a different color.

So, I became one of these:

Just for speaking the language. A brilliant and a very humane, socially advanced system. That alone makes me forget anything else about the Philippines that is unpleasant.

No one would be writing the stuff about Asian women in the Philippines like this anywhere.

Thank you for the anecdote. This reminds me why I love my country deeply (despite and inspite of its flaws).

No such thing as real racism from where I came from, and that is something positive about the Philippines :) this should be a thread on it's own.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Dragon wrote:
Ginger wrote:
Dragon wrote:

Exactly!

Marry me (even though you're probably a little older than me).

Number 1 rule of Proposing 101 states : NEVER EVER mention a female's age. Lol
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Ginger wrote:Number 1 rule of Proposing 101 states : NEVER EVER mention a female's age. Lol
Hey, but young guys like us LOVE cougars! :P Older females should not be ashamed of their ages. They should be proud of it! :D
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

You are a white man in this society, an outsider, unfamiliar with the pains of being Filipino and for it cannot be Filipino. Just a white guy with lots of convenience to travel and gallivant around third world countries picking up girls. "Kano"

Mostly they will think of you as a pedophile or a monger. They will mostly have their self-interest above yours, as you are viewed as resource-rich in a land of the resource-poor.

Sorry dude, just saying.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Falcon wrote:
Ginger wrote:Number 1 rule of Proposing 101 states : NEVER EVER mention a female's age. Lol
Hey, but young guys like us LOVE cougars! :P Older females should not be ashamed of their ages. They should be proud of it! :D
We do? No way! You will change your mind once you pop into the 25+ range with a heavy pool of increasingly desperate 30 something females bearing down on you as they try to get a bargain before their clock runs out. Suddenly Debbie is talking to you.

Youth is beauty.

Back to the topic, Asian girls are hooking up with white men at astronomical rates that I swear there's going to be an extinction of Asian-American males in the future. I mean, how sustainable can this current trend be? I doubt these Asian guys are going for interracial relationships (within the US) which are super stacked against them.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ladislav wrote:A brilliant and a very humane, socially advanced system.
Funny. It's like the West has just become regressive in this area as a cost for advancing technologically. Tribal systems are rather egalitarian after all. But does it really have to be a cost? With the modernization of these countries, what can be done to preserve their culture? Not artificially, but philosophically. Are warnings enough to avoid becoming part of the machine?

I've been to any number of Native American festivals with my family over the years. I remember once, a tribesman said my mother belonged to them. Though I suppose that is something closer to race than your examples.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

abcdavid01 wrote:
ladislav wrote:A brilliant and a very humane, socially advanced system.
Funny. It's like the West has just become regressive in this area as a cost for advancing technologically. Tribal systems are rather egalitarian after all. But does it really have to be a cost? With the modernization of these countries, what can be done to preserve their culture? Not artificially, but philosophically. Are warnings enough to avoid becoming part of the machine?

I've been to any number of Native American festivals with my family over the years. I remember once, a tribesman said my mother belonged to them. Though I suppose that is something closer to race than your examples.
None. We are all down with the sickness.

Thread hijack??

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Falcon wrote:
Give me a break! Proud of getting older or being old? That sounds patronizing.

So young guys LOVE cougars? Don't you think its more like young guys settle for cougars where and when they are desperate and lonely but have no better options?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

mguy wrote:That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

You are a white man in this society, an outsider, unfamiliar with the pains of being Filipino and for it cannot be Filipino. Just a white guy with lots of convenience to travel and gallivant around third world countries picking up girls. "Kano"

Mostly they will think of you as a pedophile or a monger. They will mostly have their self-interest above yours, as you are viewed as resource-rich in a land of the resource-poor.

Sorry dude, just saying.
I've wondered about that since I started reading some of Lad's essays about how western foreigners who speak local languages in Phils can pretty much be accepted as Filipinos, Visayans, etc. by the locals. Seems very unlikely but it would be great if I'm wrong. I mean white guys visually stick out like a sore thumb among the local Filipino population and come from dramatically different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Filipino snatchers and hold-upers don't generally give a damn who they victimize as long as they get away with it and its a good take. After all, most crime in Phils is Pinoy/ay on Pinoy/ay, right?
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

Sorry dude, just saying.

Hmm, I would have to side with Lad on this, as per your posts here at HA, you described yourself as a rich kid, and everyone knows that those who think of themselves are 'elites' in the Philippines live on a world of their own, clique-ish circles. Lad on the other hand associates with the masses (same as I do). You will find out that the farther away you are from the city and materialism (this might be extremely difficult for you to imagine), the more accepting the people are of strangers, especially if you don't exude a 'looking-down-from-your-high-horse' attitude and speaks the way the locals do. Try it.

Reference: I'm from the Philippines, looks chinese, looks upper mid class, can pass off as elite when dressed properly, but I do associate with the masses and the indigenous people on my travels and yeah, they easily 'adopt' you if you 'adapt' to them.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Grrr hi-jack

Post by Ginger »

Falcon wrote:

Grrrrr!!! I'm only on the second half of my 20s, certainly that is not yet a cougar? (Maybe on medieval times it is)

From now on you shall have to address me as lola/abuela/grandma and not 'ate', grrrrrr.