UCLA signs call Asian women 'White-Boy Worshipping Whores'

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Keep in mind that I'm one of the youngest members in this forum, so I am ridiculously young compared to many of you. So even women in the second half of their 20's would dote on me and say, "Ahh, you're so young, you're like a baby! Aaawww!"

So yes lola, "cougar" is relative. You might be one too, at least with Dragon and me. Rawwwrrr! And don't worry, it's a compliment. :wink:

As you know, I'm not typical for my age group, so I often end up with women older than me. One reason is that they tend to be more emotionally and intellectually mature.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Falcon wrote:Keep in mind that I'm one of the youngest members in this forum, so I am ridiculously young compared to many of you. So even women in the second half of their 20's would dote on me and say, "Ahh, you're so young, you're like a baby! Aaawww!"

So yes lola, "cougar" is relative. You might be one too, at least with Dragon and me. Rawwwrrr! And don't worry, it's a compliment. :wink:

As you know, I'm not typical for my age group, so I often end up with women older than me. One reason is that they tend to be more emotionally and intellectually mature.

You remind me of my kid brother, he likes to tell me how old I am, and even mimics the sound of clock ticking lol. Are you sure you're not my brother in camouflage? Haha. If you are, I'm gonna ground you and cut off your dating allowance/fund :P
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Aaahhh! Ate, please be nice to your birdy ading. :D And your mythical dragon ading too.

Some birds can mimic the sound of clock ticking quite well. Maybe dragons can do an even better job at it, since they have magical powers. :)
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Ginger wrote:
mguy wrote:That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

You are a white man in this society, an outsider, unfamiliar with the pains of being Filipino and for it cannot be Filipino. Just a white guy with lots of convenience to travel and gallivant around third world countries picking up girls. "Kano"

Mostly they will think of you as a pedophile or a monger. They will mostly have their self-interest above yours, as you are viewed as resource-rich in a land of the resource-poor.

Sorry dude, just saying.

Hmm, I would have to side with Lad on this, as per your posts here at HA, you described yourself as a rich kid, and everyone knows that those who think of themselves are 'elites' in the Philippines live on a world of their own, clique-ish circles. Lad on the other hand associates with the masses (same as I do). You will find out that the farther away you are from the city and materialism (this might be extremely difficult for you to imagine), the more accepting the people are of strangers, especially if you don't exude a 'looking-down-from-your-high-horse' attitude and speaks the way the locals do. Try it.

Reference: I'm from the Philippines, looks chinese, looks upper mid class, can pass off as elite when dressed properly, but I do associate with the masses and the indigenous people on my travels and yeah, they easily 'adopt' you if you 'adapt' to them.
Keep in mind I am also an AMERICAN, an average American with a lot in common with these guys and in a unique position of better understanding where they are coming from more so than you ever will.

I am advising my own country men on fallacies in their thinking; I'm interpreting it for them, the middle man.

I don't really see the reason you are here in HA and am dubious of your motives. Do you want to help? Do you want to land somebody here? I think it is the latter. Not sure really, you are an anomaly.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

mguy wrote:I don't really see the reason you are here in HA and am dubious of your motives. Do you want to help? Do you want to land somebody here? I think it is the latter. Not sure really, you are an anomaly.
No, she's just a very intellectually curious person, like me. Discussing interesting topics that usually aren't talked about in real life hugely appeals to people like me and her.

And aren't most HA'ers anomalies anyways? :D
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I agree that there is a good chance that the sign was put up by Asian males. I think they are the ones that get most bent out of shape on this issue. White females might raise a mild objection but at the end of the day they still manage to find dates (hey this is USA afterall and all decent females have their choice of men). Asian men are not so lucky. Believe it or not, I feel sorry for the Asian men but I have to look out of #1 and if that entails meeting and marrying an asian lady then so be it.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

You are a white man in this society, an outsider, unfamiliar with the pains of being Filipino and for it cannot be Filipino. Just a white guy with lots of convenience to travel and gallivant around third world countries picking up girls. "Kano"

Mostly they will think of you as a pedophile or a monger. They will mostly have their self-interest above yours, as you are viewed as resource-rich in a land of the resource-poor.

Sorry dude, just saying.
I invite you to learn Visaya and Tagalog fluently and mingle with the masses in the real Philippines- ( as I did) go to rural Quezon, Nueva Ecija and Bulacan and hang out with the locals and do all the talking in Tagalog as well as dress and act like them. You will be totally amazed.

Now, the Visayans are even more so- much more down to earth and following tribal ways.

Dress and talk like them and act like them. You will be shocked by the acceptance and the warmth they exude. Try Visayan-speaking Northern Mindanao.

The Malay mind judges and classifies people by the language they speak. Sure they see that you are white but once you start talking Visaya and acting like them, they simply treat you as another Visayan. I never expected that.

Do try.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:
Ginger wrote:
mguy wrote:That story of Filipinos accepting you because you speak the language is largely false. That guru/shaman was pulling your leg, unfortunately.

Sorry dude, just saying.

Hmm, I would have to side with Lad on this, as per your posts here at HA, you described yourself as a rich kid, and everyone knows that those who think of themselves are 'elites' in the Philippines live on a world of their own, clique-ish circles. Lad on the other hand associates with the masses (same as I do). You will find out that the farther away you are from the city and materialism (this might be extremely difficult for you to imagine), the more accepting the people are of strangers, especially if you don't exude a 'looking-down-from-your-high-horse' attitude and speaks the way the locals do. Try it.

Reference: I'm from the Philippines, looks chinese, looks upper mid class, can pass off as elite when dressed properly, but I do associate with the masses and the indigenous people on my travels and yeah, they easily 'adopt' you if you 'adapt' to them.
Keep in mind I am also an AMERICAN, an average American with a lot in common with these guys and in a unique position of better understanding where they are coming from more so than you ever will.

I am advising my own country men on fallacies in their thinking; I'm interpreting it for them, the middle man.

I don't really see the reason you are here in HA and am dubious of your motives. Do you want to help? Do you want to land somebody here? I think it is the latter. Not sure really, you are an anomaly.

You clearly did not do your research.

With that kind of judgmental and snobby response you gave, I do not doubt you are indeed the typical new-money-must-social-climb-to-look-elite-pinoy who has never gone to the real world of the Philippines. You said it yourself, you are an american, and in the Philippines you are an 'elite' (name dropping Lopezes and Ayalas does not make you elite), so what do you know of the Philippines besides the household help? Have you done anything real here besides being a white boy wanna be? I pity you.

Listen to lad, time to go down from your bourgeois/high horse/elitist seat and thinking you are somehow 'superior'. Ladislav has been to various countries and has lived amongst locals. You on the other hand, is basing things on very limited experience, and as for the Philippines, second hand information. Try to go outside the 'elite' areas you are so proud of, you'll see that the tales you think are true are just fallacies. Why do I know? Because I learned it first hand and has lived through different social stratas (elite, upper middle class, lower middle class, upper poor class, poor), that is something you do not know about and never will. You think you are educating/helping your fellow americans by telling them about 'elite pinoy' fallacies. Way to go.

You saying You think I'm here to snag someone speaks volumes. You don't even know if I am taken or not. That kind of thinking seems to point to something pathological.

Do your research.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

Falcon wrote:
mguy wrote:I don't really see the reason you are here in HA and am dubious of your motives. Do you want to help? Do you want to land somebody here? I think it is the latter. Not sure really, you are an anomaly.
No, she's just a very intellectually curious person, like me. Discussing interesting topics that usually aren't talked about in real life hugely appeals to people like me and her.

And aren't most HA'ers anomalies anyways? :D

Hey thanks :)

Though I doubt if he will be mature enough to understand something like that.

Some people are motivated by status and money, so they judge everyone the same way they think of themselves {it's all about money, money, money}.

I'm really not surprised he said that about me (given his previous posts history), it's typical of those with a linear and society-conditioned way of thinking.

And don't worry, I don't mind being called an anomaly, it is leagues better than being a white-boy-wanna-be, and I'll take it everytime over being 'pathological' lol.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Ginger wrote:
mguy wrote:
Ginger wrote:

Sorry dude, just saying.

You clearly did not do your research.

With that kind of judgmental and snobby response you gave, I do not doubt you are indeed the typical new-money-must-social-climb-to-look-elite-pinoy who has never gone to the real world of the Philippines. You said it yourself, you are an american, and in the Philippines you are an 'elite' (name dropping Lopezes and Ayalas does not make you elite), so what do you know of the Philippines besides the household help? Have you done anything real here besides being a white boy wanna be? I pity you.

Listen to lad, time to go down from your bourgeois/high horse/elitist seat and thinking you are somehow 'superior'. Ladislav has been to various countries and has lived amongst locals. You on the other hand, is basing things on very limited experience, and as for the Philippines, second hand information. Try to go outside the 'elite' areas you are so proud of, you'll see that the tales you think are true are just fallacies. Why do I know? Because I learned it first hand and has lived through different social stratas (elite, upper middle class, lower middle class, upper poor class, poor), that is something you do not know about and never will. You think you are educating/helping your fellow americans by telling them about 'elite pinoy' fallacies. Way to go.

You saying You think I'm here to snag someone speaks volumes. You don't even know if I am taken or not. That kind of thinking seems to point to something pathological.

Do your research.

+1

The Philippines' "elites?" Oh yes, they have those. You mean the ones that perpetuate the Lords and serfs social model in the country?
I have met a few...that were genuine and humanitarian in nature. Some of those are household names in metro Manila if you are a well read person. But as a class, there is not much to recommend them. For many of them, Jose Sison's description of them is quite accurate. They are born and bred in the Philippines- well, I mean Greenhills...

They sit in the VIP lounge and tell me all about their many properties and other holdings. When I tell them I am on my way to Mindanao, they usually look horrified. So your wife is Muslim? Here they are Filipino and hardly know squat about their own country. I have to explain to them that of Mindanao's population, a little more than a third is Muslem, and the rest is not. Within Misamis Oriental, I doubt that it is more than 10%. Next time I have such a conversation I think I will tell them that I am an Imam and in fact, the only white member of the Abbu Sayyaf.

My general impression of the Philippines "upper class"? With a few exceptions, total douche-bags, and oppressors of their own people.
So far as I can see, their motivation for Philippines' independence from the USA was not to establish a free society, but to simply get the US governor out of the way so they could rape the country from one end to the other, and that is exactly what they have done.
So Ginger, who may be totally "taken" so far as we know, disagrees with you and your response is to impugn her motives. If you had taken the time to check posts about Ginger, you would know why she came to be on the forum.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao. AKA as Heathen head-chopping Muslimville to Luzon elites. My wife's seamstress is a Muslim. Oh the horrors! Tad tad!
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Gents. This is an example of how a Filipina can turn a 180 on you. Beware.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

She trying hook up with white man. So obvious.

Relevant to thread.

Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:Gents. This is an example of how a Filipina can turn a 180 on you. Beware.

Very mature and 'elite' of you to talk down on me and start name calling just because I am a pinay who you think is 'lower' than you.

Funny that you did not address the men who disagreed with you, only me. Wonder who got more balls between the two of us.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:She trying hook up with white man. So obvious.

Relevant to thread.

Delusional.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

mguy wrote:She trying hook up with white man. So obvious.

Relevant to thread

If you are talking of your mom, it's understandable.

If you are talking of how other male forumers respond to me, outwest is married, dragon is not white and so is falcon.

Please tell us what other tales the voices are telling you.

Stop projecting your 'elite' homo fantasies on me white-boy-wannabe. Thank you :)

For the nth time, do your research before trashing forumers here. Read please.