Bullying Can Lead to PTSD Symptoms

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Bullying Can Lead to PTSD Symptoms

Post by luoldeng9 »

lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Re: Bullying Can Lead to PTSD Symptoms

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Post by luoldeng9 »

lone_yakuza wrote: all the continuous shunning, ostracization, and bullying in school... it was probably a combination of being an Asian male in hick or more rural areas
I went through the same thing, but I grew up in California.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Bullying is a terrible problem in the United States; seemingly everyone loves to bully other people even as adults. That's why you have such high rates of suicide, mental illness, and loneliness in the country. If you can't have respect for your fellow human being, of course the culture will be affected negatively by this.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

zboy1 wrote:Bullying is a terrible problem in the United States; seemingly everyone loves to bully other people even as adults. That's why you have such high rates of suicide, mental illness, and loneliness in the country. If you can't have respect for your fellow human being, of course the culture will be affected negatively by this.
+1 Many mass-murderers suffer from this too!
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

terminator wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Bullying is a terrible problem in the United States; seemingly everyone loves to bully other people even as adults. That's why you have such high rates of suicide, mental illness, and loneliness in the country. If you can't have respect for your fellow human being, of course the culture will be affected negatively by this.
+1 Many mass-murderers suffer from this too!
And then they go and blame video games, or something like that!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: School bullying not a problem where I come from stateside

Post by Winston »

I don't get something. How come almost everyone today claims to have been bullied to school. Yet when I was in school I only saw about 1 percent of the kids and teens getting bullied? Certainly not a majority or even a sizable percentage. Yet today nearly everyone claims to have been bullied too. How can that be? Am I missing something? Does everyone have the same definition of what "being bullied" means?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

the teachers, mostly female, are all assholes and they probably enjoy watching children get bullied, otherwise they would stop it. The solution is to eliminate ALL private areas and to monitor students 100% of the time, and if they notice this kind of stuff happening, stop it immediately and severely punish the bullies.

But no, our feminist teachers hate young boys and enjoy watching them being bullied.
Freshman Poster

Re: School bullying not a problem where I come from stateside

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Winston wrote:
August 25th, 2018, 5:21 pm
I don't get something. How come almost everyone today claims to have been bullied to school. Yet when I was in school I only saw about 1 percent of the kids and teens getting bullied? Certainly not a majority or even a sizable percentage. Yet today nearly everyone claims to have been bullied too. How can that be? Am I missing something? Does everyone have the same definition of what "being bullied" means?
good points. I guess "bullying" now means being insulted every once in a while, and feeling like you don't fit it. Most of us fit that definition of bullying.

In the older days, bullying meant daily, repeated beatings of a particular kid.
Freshman Poster

Post by rejectmodernculture »

The endless verbal and physical abuse that I endured throughout my crucial developmental years wrecked me as a person and ruined any chance of me ever becoming a self-confident, anxiety-free, well-adjusted adult. Numerous studies have shown that severe bullying f***s you up for life, both mentally and physically: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4552909/

As such, sending your kids to public schools in the U.S. is tantamount to child abuse; you might as well instruct them to walk into a lion's den when they are five years old.

If I ever have children, I will make sure they are homeschooled. This is non-negotiable. Furthermore, I will make sure that my kids are not indoctrinated by modern cultural poison...

Even if I never have children, I will minimize my contributions to our failing public school system by living in a municipality with rock-bottom property/school taxes. My father currently pays nearly $5,000/yr. in combined property and school taxes. That won't fly with me. If I ever inherit his property, I will immediately place it up for sale because I don't intend to give one rusty penny to the public school system that destroyed me at my most vulnerable age.