Small business abroad

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Small business abroad

Post by Tsar »

I know that nightclubs and fashion boutiques can do very well abroad. I noticed an earlier post where someone mentioned that a man began a trading business in Brazil and became a millionaire before the age of 30. I would guess the trading involved importing goods from China and reselling them. I would also guess that it was because Brazil has prosperity and small business can do very well, especially in emerging markets.

Contracting for custom designed fashion and reselling them should do very well, especially in Europe where fashion is appreciated. I would guess that hiring web designers, graphic designers, and part-time programmers should also be very affordable abroad relative to the prices in the WW.

Haven't you noticed how many people outside of the Anglosphere are better dressed and a stylish appearance? More people in the Anglo world are buying clothes are places like Walmart. Every year the quality of America and most products available in stores decreases.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Fashion? That sounds way risky. How do you know you have good designers? How will you know their designs will sell? Fashion is art, so it's highly subjective. Just seems too variable.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

abcdavid01 wrote:Fashion? That sounds way risky. How do you know you have good designers? How will you know their designs will sell? Fashion is art, so it's highly subjective. Just seems too variable.
Fashion was an example of one small business. I agree that is riskier than most but it can do very well, especially if it's properly promoted. Every business venture begins with risk tasking.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Well yeah, obviously. One of my favorite quotes is by F.A. Hayek: "Conservatism in only as good as what it conserves." Capitalism is anti-conservative because it requires constant innovation. Fashion just seems like it's a bit harder because you're dealing with art. Perhaps some basic items done with high quality fabrics could take off. Nothing too radical and risky, but focusing on quality as the selling point.