Father arrested abroad from owing over 1M in child support

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Father arrested abroad from owing over 1M in child support

Post by expatasiaseeker »

This is why you NEVER get married to ANY woman in America. Because if she divorces you and hits you for child support, there is basically no where you can run. Even if you go abroad, the fascist government will still arrest you.

Any man STUPID enough to get married in America deserves to get screwed over, in my opinion.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/19/mo ... latestnews

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

marklambo
Junior Poster

Re: Father arrested abroad from owing over 1M in child suppo

Post by marklambo »

expatasiaseeker wrote:This is why you NEVER get married to ANY woman in America. Because if she divorces you and hits you for child support, there is basically no where you can run. Even if you go abroad, the fascist government will still arrest you.

Any man STUPID enough to get married in America deserves to get screwed over, in my opinion.

He should have fled to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. If he did, they wouldn't be able to bring him back to arrest him. The Philippines has a treaty signed with the US government so he's f***ed. And yes, I agree, no man should marry a woman here. It's a HUGE trap.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

There's a reason why I never fell in the AW trap of getting married. They are just out to screw you over. Forget the american dating scene guys. Go abroad.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

So let's get this straight:

He owed ONE MILLION in child support over 10 years?

That's 100,000 a year.

He had two marriages, so that's 50,000 a year for each woman. HOW can a man be expected to pay such an exorbitant amount?

What the hell do these women want with all this money? How greedy can they get?!?

Yet another reason NOT to marry a western woman.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

When they calculate child support in most states, it is a series of tables. They look at how much you make in salary as compared to your ex-spouse makes, then factor in the number of children and come up with a monthly figure. Due to cost of living in NY, I think those rates would probably be escalated.

Over 1 million seems crazy though, so I wonder if this guy was a high roller and the child support calculation came out very high. He needed some dough to travel I'm sure. I wish these tables were capped at what the children need, not how much the man makes ... because at over 1 million you have to know that a fair amount of that money wasn't spent on childrens' necessities.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

noog wrote:When they calculate child support in most states, it is a series of tables. They look at how much you make in salary as compared to your ex-spouse makes, then factor in the number of children and come up with a monthly figure. Due to cost of living in NY, I think those rates would probably be escalated.

Over 1 million seems crazy though, so I wonder if this guy was a high roller and the child support calculation came out very high. He needed some dough to travel I'm sure. I wish these tables were capped at what the children need, not how much the man makes ... because at over 1 million you have to know that a fair amount of that money wasn't spent on childrens' necessities.
I bet many women in NY must live lavish lifestyles then, on passive income that they didn't even earn.

Either way, 50k a year is astronomical.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Re: Father arrested abroad from owing over 1M in child suppo

marklambo wrote:
expatasiaseeker wrote:This is why you NEVER get married to ANY woman in America. Because if she divorces you and hits you for child support, there is basically no where you can run. Even if you go abroad, the fascist government will still arrest you.

He should have fled to a country that doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. If he did, they wouldn't be able to bring him back to arrest him. The Philippines has a treaty signed with the US government so he's f***ed. And yes, I agree, no man should marry a woman here. It's a HUGE trap.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraditio ... ion_treaty

The United States maintains diplomatic relations, but does not have extradition treaties with the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central African Republic, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican, and Vietnam.[citation needed]
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Thus, the countries worth a damn and that don't extradite to the US are:

Cambodia,
Bahrain
Belarus
China
Indonesia
Kazakhstan
Laos
Lebanon
Morocco
Nepal
Russia
Ukraine
UAE
Vietnam

So if you are a man and your wife has divorced you and tried to f**k you over with child support payments, please SHARE THIS LIST widely with such men, so that they can know which countries they can safely flee to in order to escape the terrorist American government's "war on men".

Please share this list far and wide with fathers who need to escape from America in order to avoid child support payments.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

expatasiaseeker wrote:Thus, the countries worth a damn and that don't extradite to the US are:

Cambodia,
Bahrain
Belarus
China
Indonesia
Kazakhstan
Laos
Lebanon
Morocco
Nepal
Russia
Ukraine
UAE
Vietnam

So if you are a man and your wife has divorced you and tried to f**k you over with child support payments, please SHARE THIS LIST widely with such men, so that they can know which countries they can safely flee to in order to escape the terrorist American government's "war on men".

Please share this list far and wide with fathers who need to escape from America in order to avoid child support payments.
Taiwan also has not no extradition treaties with US nor any tax treaty (very rare). In fact, Taiwan does not have official diplomatic ties with US nor with most other countries in the world.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

There is more to this list: Brazil will not deport anyone who has gotten a Brazilian girl pregnant and is expecting a baby. Israel will not deport a Jew no matter what. Yeah, there are extradition treaties but the process is not that easy.

With the Philippines, the man did not know who to bribe.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

He was deported from the phils but they don't say why.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:There is more to this list: Brazil will not deport anyone who has gotten a Brazilian girl pregnant and is expecting a baby. Israel will not deport a Jew no matter what. Yeah, there are extradition treaties but the process is not that easy.

With the Philippines, the man did not know who to bribe.
As I understand, as long as you are a US citizen traveling or living abroad on a US passport and do not have a second passport, the US government and its agencies effectively have a string tied to your ass and can reel you in when they like. That string is your US passport which by the way is property of the US State Department.

If the US wants you, they can cancel your passport and/or refuse to issue you a new one. So far, as far as debts are concerned, this process has only been legalized for child support payments I believe. But basically, the US can do what they like if they really want you.

As far as counterparty countries are concerned, I don't believe most of them will allow you to travel in and out or reside (even with permanent residency status) without a valid passport from your country of nationality. So if you try to travel with a cancelled, expired, or otherwise invalid US passport, most countries are probably going to refuse you entry and send you on the next flight to your home country.

Correct me if I am wrong above but that is my understanding.

A second passport is much more valuable than a mere permanent residency in a second country.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

skateboardstephen wrote:He was deported from the phils but they don't say why.

Most likely the State Department cancelled his passport (for owing more than $5,000 in child support) and when he arreived in Phils, it showed up on immigration system so they refused him entry and sent him home to USA.

Don't imagine that you can enter a foreign country without a valid passport or even visa.

I've been deported twice just for visa problem:

- Once when I arrived at Doula, Cameroon cus I didn't have visa (Doula consulate in Sydney had told me by phone I could get one on arrival). I offered a $900 bribe and they would not hear of it. They were very kind and polite but put me on next plane back to Nairobi.

- Once when I arrived at Rio from Bogota. It was my second visit and I was traveling on 5 year visa which had been issued right before my first trip 1 year prior. But my original visa had never been stamped on my first entry and exit and it was only valid if I entered country within 3 months of issuance. Since there was not record of my first entrance, they told me it was invalid. I was pretty angry cus it was there f**k-up but they got angry right back and told me I had 3 choices - get on plane which was going right back to Bogota, get on a flight that evening to Miami, or go to jail. I went back to Bogota. Forget about bribing them.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Here are the rules:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/fa ... y_863.html

http://www.rgbrenner.com/blog/2012/04/0 ... irs-50000/

Rock, you were not deported, you were denied entry. If you get a visa you can come back.

Also, my question is this- if they deny you entry, who pays for the ticket out?

And also, now airlines get fined if you do not have the visa and all of them have recently been asking me if had visas when I was about to board and if I had a return or an onward ticket.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ladislav wrote:Here are the rules:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppi/fa ... y_863.html

http://www.rgbrenner.com/blog/2012/04/0 ... irs-50000/

Rock, you were not deported, you were denied entry. If you get a visa you can come back.

Also, my question is this- if they deny you entry, who pays for the ticket out?

And also, now airlines get fined if you do not have the visa and all of them have recently been asking me if had visas when I was about to board and if I had a return or an onward ticket.
1. OK, its $2,500 in child support, not $5,000. Ouch.

2. Wasn't that $50,000 in back taxes bill nixed in House this time? Even still, it looks like if IRS takes certain legal actions against you, you will be denied a passport. http://www.ehow.com/facts_5545279_can-o ... axes_.html

3. Yes, you are right. Technically I was denied entry. However, in case of Cameroon, I was there a whole day and they actually let me in. They just held my passport at airport so on paper, I never entered.

4. When I was sent back to Colombia, Avianca Airlines gave me a new ticket after I got a new Brazilian Visa in Bogota. However, I think employee who checked me in first and failed to notice my visa had not been stamped within 3 months might have been told to pay the ticket cost or loose her job. As for Kenya Airlines, I had to use my return ticket right then and they refused to reimburse me back in Nairobi.