Another Daily Shooting in America.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

abcdavid01 wrote:My advice? If you don't have someone to be a positive male role model, become a positive male role model for someone else. Remember your gifts. I value my intelligence and want a male heir to keep it alive after I'm dead. You could just as well write a book or make some art.
+1

Boy Scouts, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, coaching sports, teaching, volunteering, whatever you can do to help the kids, especially the boys who get overlooked the most, is good. We all know America is effed up, so the best thing we can do is help the younger ones and give them a soft place to fall, in the hope they don't have a life sentence or wind up six feet under.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

Gun debates aside, the Connecticut tragedy shows to me a cultural problem.

With the tragic school shooting in Connecticut on Friday, the hot-button issue is gun control or the lack thereof, but it's an issue I could care less about. In fact, this is the last time I'm going to use the word "gun" or mention firearms in this blog.

Also, I am not pointing to a lack of moral or compassionate populace in America. There are many, many thoughtful and compassionate people in America of all ages and all demographics. We live with them, work with them, worship with them and come into contact with them on a daily basis. The kindness of the person who bagged your groceries or cashed your check is still evident today and it has not gone away. Strangers may be quiet, but they are very rarely hostile or inconsiderate.

The pre-meditated killings we are seeing are partially a byproduct of the degrading American culture that has widened its profits and marginalized its people. There is a wide disconnect between the actual citizens of society and the culture here in America today. We have lost healthy American culture and are depriving current and future generations of critical thought. Over the last twenty years American culture has been deprecated and replaced by a mock culture that is both arrogant and ignorant.

I first point to the sad state of the popular music industry. Our popular music has no compassion or social thought any longer. The problem is actually not the artists as much as it is the industry and corporate machine. As a result, all my pre-teen daughters are going to hear on the radio and when they go roller skating is this kind of fare ...

- Ke$ha singing "Party like we're going to die young-young-young-young-young"
- the flavor-of-the-month pop-rap duo ditty
- Gangnam Style or the latest dance craze
- another Adele or Taylor Swift breakup song
- the latest LMFAO song (after all, who hears a cry for help, when party rockers are in the house tonight?!)

The new world order of music is that all pop songs propagated by the music industry must deal with party anthems, romantic endeavors or other superficial subject matter to serve up to our children and keep them in the dark about real issues. I'm sure that Katy Perry, Bruno Mars and Beyonce would be more than willing to collaborate on a poignant song about the tragedy in Connecticut, but the message today by record execs is loud and clear that there is no tolerance for those types of songs in the Top 40 anymore. The days of Marvin Gaye releasing "What's Going On?" and causing many an American to think and cry? Gone. The days of a run-of-the-mill hair band White Lion stunning everyone with their thoughtful lyrics and musicianship on "When the Children Cry"? Gone. The days of Pearl Jam giving an unflinching and long hard look at the aftermath of bullying and child neglect in the music video Jeremy? Long gone, and in today's America, banned due to political incorrectness.

From a news media perspective, everything took a sharp turn downhill the day after news networks showed live footage of the slow-speed chase of OJ's white Bronco. The news industry discovered a sick pleasure and a new trigger within society. The new marching orders became "Exploit tragedy and glorify serial crime and watch the ratings climb". The TV industry followed suit and learned from the news industry's new discovery and decided to show the dregs in society something miserable, cheap and monotonous that captivates them (kind of like that slow white Bronco) - and profit. Thus reality TV was born - and is now running amok, even on cable channels that once would never be caught dead showing reality programs. And when the news or reality TV just isn't edgy enough, then it's time to author the darker shows like CSI, Law and Order, Cold Case and all the derivative programs to make everyone worry a bit that their next door neighbor is a serial killer or rapist.

Since Friday, CNN has turned into Sandy Hook News Network because "by golly, this thing has legs politically so let's milk this to the bitter end to push a political agenda and widen the already-massive divide between the hardcore Democrats and Republicans." They happened upon (presuming Connecticut isn't a false flag) a haunting crime and a real doozy of a wedge issue to keep Americans arguing amongst each other ... when they aren't watching reality TV or jamming out to the latest mindless auto-tuned hit or playing with their iPhone. Massive public dissent becomes less attainable as the American populace becomes more fractured and "A house divided against itself cannot stand". The elites are loving every minute of it.

Since the 60's and the full implementation of mass media, TV, music and news media are the primary barometer of our social and collective conscious. Whether we like this or not, it's the truth. And it therefore shows us that today we're in quite the death spiral. Having such an unhealthy collective conscious is only going to intensify the problems in society. When you consider someone who is mentally unstable and desperately alone that could be on the verge of doing something horrible, a sick and narcisstic culture like ours (where Snooki and Charlie Sheen are quasi-heroes), along with a corrupt government, can become the tipping point. Then, very sadly, the innocent blood spilled fuels the machine anew. This depraved and mindless cultural machine, which cares a thousand times more about Kate Middleton than all the young Sandy Hook victims combined, is the thing that really needs to be stopped.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

That Savio quote...you know it was sampled in a Linkin Park song, right? So it's not all bad. I like Janelle Monae for example. She did a tour with Katy Perry, but as far as her actual music Monae is a real artist. I actually like Drake too because he does write cries for help. "We live in a generation of/not being in love" etc. But yeah, my taste usually tends older. Mostly rock music from the 60's or the 90's.

The only rock band that I've really liked from the past 10 years has been The Cribs. They're this British punk band that occasionally writes about men's issues or societal issues. Like the line, "Mass virility makes me forget empathy" from their song We Were Aborted.
Ambition
Freshman Poster

Post by Ambition »

There isn't anything that can be done. The world is deteriorating, making way for a new species that will undoubtedly surpass humans in every way. I bet the new guys will recognise how insipid it is that animals can be sent to space with all this money and technology, yet nobody is willing to use those resources to make sure everyone can access food and clean, usable water. I'm sure they'll recognise that weapons of mass-destruction are weapons of mass-murder, and that there is never a good reason to decimate an unarmed civilian population of a country and most of its infrastructure. Maybe they'll take it a step further and be able to unite globally. And I don't mean some shaky, political pseudogroup like the United Nations. Ain't nothin' "united" about these nations. I'll tell you that right now.

I could say that I like the internet as much as the next guy, but I'd be lying. I like it as much as a tool could be liked. I use sites like YouTube and (back in the old days) Facebook, but they aren't the center of my existence. I have this philosophical ethic of emphasising communication -- always listening to what others have to say, always trying to understand what they have to say. Not listening to what they're saying, even, but listening to them. Communication is a lost art. Maybe that's why you have people who snap and pull some Over Nine-Thousand Deaths shit. This escapism has reached its peak. Feminism only got a foothold as significant as the one it currently has because too many men had their eyes glued to shitty daytime television that their failing society hit 'em upside the head like a ninja with a frying pan. Make no mistake -- this applies to EVERYONE. Including the members of this forum.

You guys are a step above most. No question there. But you're still human, meaning you still want things to magically change or change with ease. This is something the next species will learn from, and definitely be sure to avoid -- the weak mentality. The weak, unable-to-ween-from-society mentality. The same people who talk about the "Illuminati" (as if they exist) listen to them. I have one of those religious nuts in my house. She's the one who told me about them and how sinister they allegedly are. But she failed to mention that she still worships them. The screens in this house are always turned to MTV or VH1 -- and not when they show regular programmes, but music lists. The same way you guys talk about your society, yet continue to live in and support it, unable to relocate as the name of the site suggests due to fear and various other reasons.

Don't make fun of shitty mainstream pop music. Taylor Swift may be an insipid, talentless hack, but her lack of talent is a talent in the way that she's making some serious dough. I'll leave it to her to be one of the things that distracts everyone from this recent "horrible tragedy". It'll go for a week, a month tops. The world will be back to fiscal cliffs and weapons that don't exist before ya know it.

I highly suggest you lot pick a side. There are some seriously f***ed-up things going on that can't be ignored. I'm not going to tell you which side is which, nor where the lines are drawn. That, you must choose for yourself.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I could respect Taylor Swift more if she was intentionally exploiting stupidity for profit, but I highly doubt she's that conniving. Maybe on of the record execs, but not her personally. What I don get ambition, why does it have to be another species? It could just as easily be another culture or civilization. I said this in another topic, evolution is not unilinear. This is true for biological and cultural evolution. It is not predestined that a culture accept Feminism as it modernizes. What come after postmodernism? They like to think they have ultimate answers, but really they are asking pointless questions. Perhaps something more utilitarian, free thinking, recognizing unfalsifiability of superstition, but also how its mechanism works for positive growth. The Western intellectual class may have accepted nihilism, but there's no reason to think the majority of all future intellectuals will.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

abcdavid01 wrote: My advice? If you don't have someone to be a positive male role model, become a positive male role model for someone else. Remember your gifts. I value my intelligence and want a male heir to keep it alive after I'm dead. You could just as well write a book or make some art.
+1
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

abcdavid01 wrote:I could respect Taylor Swift more if she was intentionally exploiting stupidity for profit, but I highly doubt she's that conniving. Maybe on of the record execs, but not her personally. What I don get ambition, why does it have to be another species? It could just as easily be another culture or civilization. I said this in another topic, evolution is not unilinear. This is true for biological and cultural evolution. It is not predestined that a culture accept Feminism as it modernizes. What come after postmodernism? They like to think they have ultimate answers, but really they are asking pointless questions. Perhaps something more utilitarian, free thinking, recognizing unfalsifiability of superstition, but also how its mechanism works for positive growth. The Western intellectual class may have accepted nihilism, but there's no reason to think the majority of all future intellectuals will.
My beef is not with Taylor Swift specifically. It is with the industry that made her a star and propagates her music endlessly. She's not the one doing the conniving, she's just a puppet on strings.

Adele has more talent, but remember it's all about the singing. No musicianship or social commentary will ever be allowed again. Alicia Keys was the last of her kind.

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

noog wrote:Alicia Keys was the last of her kind.
Again, Janelle Monae. Her last (first) album was no. 4 on the R&B charts two years ago.

"Sincerely, Jane"

Left the city, my momma she said don't come back home
These kids round' killin each other, they lost they minds, they gone
They quittin' school, making babies and can barely read
Some gone off to their fall, lord have mercy on them
One, two, three, four, your cousins is round' here sellin' dope
While they're daddies, your uncle is walking round' strung out
Babies with babies, and their tears keep burning, while their dreams go down the drain now

Are we really living or just walking dead now?
Or dreaming of a hope riding the wings of angels
The way we live
The way we die
What a tragedy, I'm so terrified
Day dreamers please wake up, we can't sleep no more

Love don't make no sense, ask your neighbor
The winds have changed; it seems they have abandoned us
The truth hurts, and so does yesterday
What good is love if it burns bright, and explodes in flames (I thought every little thing had love but uhh)

The way we live
The way we die

I've seen them shootin' up funerals in they Sunday clothes
Spending money on spinners but won't pay college loans
And all you gangers and bangers rollin' dice and taking lives, in a smokey dark
Lord have mercy on you
Teacher, teacher please reach those girls in them videos
The little girls just broken Queen, confusing bling for soul
Danger, there's danger when you take off your clothes, all your dreams go down the drain girl

The way we live
The way we die

We live and then we die, and we never know the right
So now, now were gone now, on your mark
We live and then we die, and we never touch the sky
So now, now were gone now, on your mark

Five, seven, eight, two, one It is now time, for you to come home my dear
You've been gone long enough
You must come, you must go

Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Eh, I stopped listening to contemporary music with actual lyrics a long time ago.

I'm also an old school rock & disco fan but I like electronic music the most, especially the type where I don't have to hear the words: party, club, dance, hot etc.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

SANDY HOOK & AURORA In BATMAN Movie

Post by zboy1 »

A better view of Sandy Hook in Batman movie (Alex Jones)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

abcdavid01 wrote:Well if you ask yakuza he'd probably tell you that hikikomori thing is a product of Western influence. So maybe not exclusive to America, but the West. Or 1st World nations maybe. If guns were banned and criminals started using knives I'd think it kind of a devolution into an even worse savagery though. The other side of the coin is that guns are impersonal and that using a knife you're more likely to understand the weight of taking a life. Yet crazed people like this are most likely already pretty dissociative. Also, like Out West said, could they not just use homemade explosives next? I saw in the comments of one of these articles, someone said the only thing that could top it is targeting a maternity ward. Are we going to ban hammers? Horrible to consider, but necessary in the same way we study the holocaust. No, I don't think the answer is changing the devices for murder. I think it is changing society so it does not produce murderers. That said, I certainly do not take the reformist approach to criminal activity. Once a crime is done, it's done and punishment should be severe. Trust people, love them, right up until they commit the crime. I think that is how to solve these issues.
Hikikomori is a product of Japanese society not giving credible alternatives to the typical Japanese man way of life: try hard to get into a good school, pass the exam for a good uni, enter ABC Corporation as an office boy and try and climb the ladder while enduring the 14 hours a day working hours, marry the first young woman you met in high school or college who's still eligible, buy a house on a 35 year mortgage, keep on working, see very little of your wife and kids because you prefer drink up the night with your workmates. If you're lucky, really lucky you will retire on a good pension and spend the remaining 5/10 years of your life tending your flowers and carving wooden masks at the local senior citizen club. End of.

This routine was easy to sell and easy to accept so long the social contract on both parts (the individual and the society) was still holding. With its 30th year of almost continuous recession, Japanese companies prefer to outsource to China, the Philippines or Vietnam, so much of the past 2 "soldier generations" are tired to fight a lost battle. Many of them won't even begin to fight. There are not enough jobs, and Japanese young men are smart enough to roam the Internet, read about different ways of living and drawing the consequences.

I agree with you and Outwest, for that matter. The problem is, the kind of societal-level change you advocate is impossible, not just because it would take too much time and resources, but because the powers to be have designed society to be dysfunctional and breed dysfunction after dysfunction. Only a society that is kept in a permanent state of misery and frustration will easily turn to material surrogates: games and i-Shit, new cars, clothes and jewellery, binge eating/drinking, etc. Even what you label as "feminism" is just the reflection of this kind of conditioning on women. Women react by f***ing everything that moves. Men react killing pixelated characters on a HDTV screen and, (very) few of them end up killing them for real.

Back to the topic, the only thing society can do to prevent these horrible tragedies from repeating themselves is to act on the short-term, "incumbent" danger. Limit the frequency and violence with which these episodes occur. How about issuing a permanent ban on gun possession on all households which contain a sex offender, or a felon, or a young man (or woman) under 25 with a certified emotional/social/learning disability? You say such a definition would include too many false positives? Well, then how we define a false positive?

There's more, methinks. The Newtown shooting is not just a product of videogame + real gun + social disability kid combined. It's a product of the coveted upper middle class of suburban America that "no see, no speak, no hear". American Beauty was a great portrait of what lies beneath those lovely landscaped gardens, what brews behind those fresco walls and what is consumed inside those young hearts. That's a place where social services are out of place, where it's politically incorrect to even assume that there might be something toxic, something ready to explode, in a single mom with a stash of military-grade weapons in her cupboard and a kids whose mental health was continuing to deteriorate year after year. Upper class suburbia is a place too posh for the US social services, for the cops, for a slightly nosier member of the local community.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

lone_yakuza wrote:I was a lot like you. I was valedictorian both in middle school and in high school and got into one of the USA's top 10 universities because of being well rounded, working my a** off, having some natural intelligence, and working my a** off.

Obviously I had no social life because of A. Racism and hatred for East Asian males B. I made it my goal to get into one of the top 10 universities and to be able to make bank later in life so I would not have to deal with all the racism and hatred

There was a time when I thought about going out and massacring guilty, evil, racist people with my katana/weapons. But that would take a long time/a lot of planning/lots of resources and weaponry to look at public records and go out and kill criminal scum or racists or go attack the KKK headquarters in Idaho. I mean they would probably be pretty spread out unless it was some kind of KKK meeting or cross burning. Plus those people probably have guns, so I'd need my own guns.

The point is though, these killers are not dishing out any kind of justice. They have no honor and no morals.

They are just mindlessly killing innocent people or people who have not yet committed any real serious crimes. Killing little kids? Who the f**k is that evil? I'd have second thoughts about killing a man with a family as well. Maybe not if they are the type of KKK white supremacist Nazi fuckers who threatened to kill me in the past, because then their entire family would be racist potential murderers who want to see other races thrown into ovens and burned alive.

If I were going to go out with a gigantic bang, why not also do a favor for the rest of society and kill criminals, lowlives, and racist white nationalist nazi KKKers? I don't care if I die by blue suicide (which is where cops shoot you dead for waving around a weapon).

I'll be happy wiping some KKK nazi fuckers and criminal scum off the face of the earth.

I wouldn't do anything to cops but I wouldn't let them take me alive, I'd make enough threats so that they would have to shoot me dead as I pretend to charge at them with my katana drawn.

I mean these killers like V-Tech. Why waste time killing people who have nothing to do with the evils of this world? Why not go kill some corrupt CEO who has destroyed millions of lives around the world? Why not go kill criminals and lowlives?

Obviously I don't think about this shit anymore because I am focused on improving my life and want to help East Asia form a union, but if things were ever to look that hopeless and somehow I went insane, I would definitely go and kill some criminals and racists with my sword/gun/bombs.

I would never be like these dishonorable lowlives and kill innocents or little kids. Only extremely cruel and crazy people would do such a thing. They should be killing people who need to be killed like the people making this world a terrible place -> criminals, racist KKK nazi types on all levels, bullies, corrupt CEOS who destroy millions of lives. etc
LY, I know you will hate me for what I'm telling you right now, but your rant about embarking in a samurai-style killing spree against those agents of racism and social hatred which dented your adolescence proves the same point Adam Lanza had when shooting a bunch of 8 year olds.

When it erupts, this kind of violence is blind. It's blind because it cannot be directed to the prime movers of that violence, as they are nicely shielded by armies of private guards in the corridors of power: in Capitol Hill, Wall Street, some anonymous district in a Caribbean island, etc.

The same powers who designed society to breed this kind of problems have already taken all the necessary steps to distract the public attention from themselves, the real culprits, and build defensive wall after defensive wall to ensure that not only no harm is ever done to them, but they will always be able to continue with their agenda whatever social conditions may occur in the future.

You say you graduated from one of the top 10 universities in the US. What if I told you that social policies created in the same corridors you used to walk, roaming from lecture to lecture, are directly responsible for your situation, and that of other million Americans (let alone the BILLIONS non-American over the past 50 years). Wouldn't that suggest you it's better to go and kill those self-assured academics? It's (very) obviously an hyperbole, but same goes for politicians and advisors, bankers and economists.

We have being fooled for a long time. The lizard left long ago. All we have is her flapping tail to show our outrage against.
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

lone_yakuza wrote:As for the shooter, it is not a product of violent video games. Violent video games are an escape and a way that people can control urges to kill people. Just like how p**n reduces rape.

I know many people who would have raped or killed a long time ago had they not had access to games or p**n.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/ever ... _rape.html

http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/08/04/ ... continues/
I could agree with you. Yet I was pointing at the fact that being a (violent) videogame fanatic is a necessary, not sufficient condition. Not all videogame players go on and start shooting people with real guns. But a worrying number of kids who perpetrated a mass shooting were indeed known to be obsessive virtual shooter players.
lone_yakuza wrote:Think about it.

You have all these total babes sucking your wee wee on camera POV style and also letting you bang them POV style and these girls are your exact type, the girlfriend you always wanted.

Would you even look twice or think about "raping" an average or ugly girl? No of course not.

The pretty girl rejects you because of something stupid you cannot control such as your race? Easy. Go home and masturbate to the POV video, which for many people can seem like the real thing or at least you can pretend.

In the past, a guy with pent of sexual energy would have definitely taken the pretty girl by force and raped her.l
No, I don't agree with the above. Somebody insane enough to walk out his bedroom and rape a young woman, is very probably insane enough to target the first girl he spots on the street, or in a bar, regardless of whether she's a POV-style babe or the unattractive postman's daughter. When the abuse happens in its more devious premeditated form, it's usually a weak woman, who gets targeted: a girl with a learning disability who may be more easily sold to the plan, or - as it often happens - children in the neighbourhoood.

Porn is a nice outlet for temporary surges in testosterone. It's a nice way to get inspired, turned on and then enact with your girlfriend, partner or wife. It's also true that, perhaps not dissimilarly from videogames, too much iof the "simulated" reality of model-quality babes doing all sort of stuff with your eleventh finger ends up blurring the boundaries between a bedroom fantasy and reality. Potential rapists or shooter often live in that gray area.