Why do women often say that looks don't matter?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

All you have to do is reopen the original thread, or consolidate the multitude of repetitive threads into fewer threads.

On SDF we try to only lock threads after ~300 posts before starting a new thread with the same topic. On TW backpacker I've seen threads with ~2200 replies and ~1.9 million views, so they cherry pick the best trip reports and repost them to separate "best of" threads.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I suspect it's for a few reasons:

1. Objective truth is an abstract concept to women.

2. Women care about avoiding conflict over honor. If truth creates conflict, they'll prefer lying.

3. Women think men value dishonest compliments of over honest criticisms.

To be fair Winston, would you like women to be absolutely honest with you? You know what some of the members here have said about your looks. If women were direct and harsh would you prefer this?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Young and hot chicks are more honest when it comes to looks question, as they have more confidence in their own looks

its usually less attractive ones who claim looks dont matter

Lot of people will say how in SE Asia looks dont matter much as they see ugly /older westerners with young local grlls but thats bc money makes up for lack of beauty,

THEN AGAIN, you have some men who will also say how it dont mtter to them if women is ugly or not as long s personality is there

beauty has some mystical powers, its easier to love attractive people, they have it easier in life, in courts, job interviews they have advantage, in clubs beautiful people, especially women jump the queues, ugly onse get rejected entry, list goes on and on, even in the war if captured attractive men have better treatments, possibly it can be difference between life and death,

this is a very taboo subject, noone likes to touch it in mainstream media as it would cause so much controversy and discomfort, yet never in the history looks played such a significant role as it plays now,
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:All you have to do is reopen the original thread, or consolidate the multitude of repetitive threads into fewer threads.

On SDF we try to only lock threads after ~300 posts before starting a new thread with the same topic. On TW backpacker I've seen threads with ~2200 replies and ~1.9 million views, so they cherry pick the best trip reports and repost them to separate "best of" threads.
There is no way to merge threads in this version of phpbb. I don't usually create repetitive threads. But I just wanted a thread with the topic title that this one has, because I knew that it would get a lot of responses, and it seems I was right.

Why would the TW backpacker forum be that large? There aren't even that many places to backpack in Taiwan. And the natural scenery doesn't have much variety either. Maybe you can post links to my complaints about Taiwan there and see what happens. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Heeellllooo! This is like asking "Is the Pope a Catholic?"- we all know women are liars! They lie about everything, even when they don't need to...
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Why would the TW backpacker forum be that large? There aren't even that many places to backpack in Taiwan. And the natural scenery doesn't have much variety either. Maybe you can post links to my complaints about Taiwan there and see what happens. lol
The thread with 2,194 posts and 1.9 million views is titled 香港飯店、旅館住宿討論區 (Hong Kong Area, Hotel Discussion Area).
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Women tend to lie about it because they don't want to come across as shallow or hurt someone face to face.

If I were asked; I would say looks do matter but it's not the priority... becuase when the looks fade away you'll be left with this person so they should have some substance as well to accompany the looks. I think you should date people within your range, for example, If you're an 8 date between 7-9.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

looks fade away so does personality..

Why do we assume our presonality wont change/fade in the fuure but looks will?
Its well known that at the begining of every relationship people are faking it...some fake it for longer than others...

How many times does womn give a chance to man she finds ugly?
Never...
Looks is pre requisite, you need to tick that box before personality test come on stage, would be nice if its the other way around then guys on POF would have fair chance

btw i dont think there is anything shallow in going for looks, so question is why women think its shallow?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

lone_yakuza
Freshman Poster

Post by lone_yakuza »

Last edited by lone_yakuza on November 20th, 2016, 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why is there a correlation between beauty and intelligence? I don't see much of such a correlation in real life. Especially not in America, where "dumb is cool".

Don't you guys hate it when women tell you that you're not their type, and then also tell you at the same time that looks don't matter? WTF? Aren't those two statements contradictory? lol

In those cases, I press them and ask "Well if looks don't matter to you, then how exactly am I not your type? Am I too short, not good looking enough, or what? What am I lacking to you?" They try to avoid this question and if I press further, they say something vague about "feeling in their heart that I'm not the man for them" etc.

I hate that. That's so vague. Yet it's happened many times. Don't you hate it when they say looks don't matter but that you aren't their type either? Yet they can't reconcile that other than to say something about a "gut feeling" or lack of chemistry. So stupid.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Winston wrote:Why is there a correlation between beauty and intelligence? I don't see much of such a correlation in real life. Especially not in America, where "dumb is cool".

Don't you guys hate it when women tell you that you're not their type, and then also tell you at the same time that looks don't matter? WTF? Aren't those two statements contradictory? lol

In those cases, I press them and ask "Well if looks don't matter to you, then how exactly am I not your type? Am I too short, not good looking enough, or what? What am I lacking to you?" They try to avoid this question and if I press further, they say something vague about "feeling in their heart that I'm not the man for them" etc.

I hate that. That's so vague. Yet it's happened many times. Don't you hate it when they say looks don't matter but that you aren't their type either? Yet they can't reconcile that other than to say something about a "gut feeling" or lack of chemistry. So stupid.
The better a woman looks, the less she has to worry about being intelligent.

I won't call her dumb, but she certainly has a bit of trouble getting her words out.

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

To this particular woman, looks don't matter. This guy is probably rich, that is the only reason she is with him. :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

jamesbond wrote:To this particular woman, looks don't matter. This guy is probably rich, that is the only reason she is with him. :lol:

or maybe he paid her a few hundred bucks to take a pic with him..
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.