Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Most men prefer housewives, and Filipinas are perfect in this role, especially if you want a house full of cute kids.
;)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: johnny,

Post by ladislav »

Johnny1975 wrote:

I find it hard to square the lying with the catholic upbringing. The two don't go together. If they are generally liars, then that's a really big deal to me. There must be some specific reason why they aren't encouraged to be truthful. There must be something deep in the culture, maybe even something that in its own weird way makes some kind of sense.
It took me 20 years to figure it out but basically, the Catholicism is a facade and more like a surface plaque than the essence. Scratch it and you see the same shameless lying you see in India. And that is what the Philippines and Indonesia were, and are- the Indies. Indian islands.

They are Hindu Malays which are Catholic on surface but do not act Catholic at all. Once you realize that you are basically in a shaky, shifty India-based culture with a Catholic disguise, everything will fall into place.

No offence meant to honest and responsible Indian people but daily lying is much more acceptable there than in the West. You do get a smattering of guilt in the Philippines because some Catholicism did seep through, but that's about all. Not keeping your word/promise, slandering you behind your back, making up stories and multiple daily lying is commonplace. The same thing goes about not giving you change, cheating you or suddenly reneging on your word and in business transactions and not paying debts. Then running away. Sounds like something that is very much like corrupt classes of India.

Being an honest and upright person in the Philippines (as well as in Thailand and India) is not easy as many will just take advantage of you. Have seen it happen to very honest and decent provincial Filipinos when they ended up in big cities. Cheated, lied to, money which they loaned not paid back and shameless slander spread about them with no reason whatsoever.

Two facedness, lo--ong pauses in conversation or just people sitting and not saying anything for hours, an affixed smile, speaking in a round about way, "maybe" meaning- no etc.,etc, quiet voices, a "shine" in the eyes as if one arose from a meditation, and a no clear good/evil divide, avoiding conflicts ( preferring to put a knife in your back instead)are all attributes of a heretical Hindu/Buddhist, Oriental culture not a Catholic one.

The more Oriental they look, the more Oriental they behave and the more Spanish they look, the more Latin they are.
Then, there are Anglo wanna-bes who have been to the US or Oz and they act somewhat Anglo but again, that is superficial because there is still no strong Anglo-like- ethics, no healthy conflict and it is sooo hard to carry on a conversation because they really do not have the same knowledge as you.
Last edited by ladislav on December 28th, 2012, 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: johnny,

Post by Johnny1975 »

ladislav wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

I find it hard to square the lying with the catholic upbringing. The two don't go together. If they are generally liars, then that's a really big deal to me. There must be some specific reason why they aren't encouraged to be truthful. There must be something deep in the culture, maybe even something that in its own weird way makes some kind of sense.
It took me 20 years to figure it out but basically, the Catholicism is a facade and more like a surface plaque than the essence. Scratch it and you see the same shameless lying you see in India. And that is what the Philippines and Indonesia were, and are- the Indies. Indian islands.

They are Hindu Malays which are Catholic on surface but do not act Catholic at all. Once you realize that you are basically in a shaky, shifty India-based culture with a Catholic disguise, everything will fall into place.

No offence meant to honest and responsible Indian people but daily lying is much more acceptable there than in the West. You do get a smattering of guilt in the Philippines because some Catholicism did seep through, but that's about all. Not keeping your word/promise, slandering you behind your back, making up stories and multiple daily lying is commonplace. The same thing goes about not giving you change, cheating you or suddenly reneging on your word and in business transactions and not paying debts. Then running away. Sounds like something that is very much like corrupt classes of India.

Being an honest and upright person in the Philippines (as well as in Thailand and India) is not easy as many will just take advantage of you. Have seen it happen to very honest and decent provincial Filipinos when they ended up in big cities. Cheated, lied to, money which they loaned not paid back and shameless slander spread about them with no reason whatsoever.
Oh shit. You see that's why I never bought into the idea that you have to go abroad. There are rotten people everywhere, and sometimes it's cultural. It's definitely true that there's something wrong, in a very big way, with some aspects of the western mindset, but rather than just saying go to another country and everything will be alright, the emphasis should be on having standards of what you will and won't accept, learning to spot the signs, and going to the right places to find the right females, and although going abroad can probably solve a lot of problems, it doesn't automatically solve them all.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by mentor »

lavezzi wrote:my conclusion was that a relatively significant portion of filipinas on dia are 100% legit, as odd as that may seem. still a minority, but enough of a minority to easily be able to find a nice one. these girls crave attention. all females do, the difference is the women we're used to in the west are swamped with attention so we never get to see the craving aspect, when we see it in filipinas we assume there must definitely be an alterior motive.
It seems that DateinAsia has a lot of stuff for good and simple Filipinas, don't you think?
mentor
Freshman Poster

Re: Filipinas

Post by mentor »

Practical questions:

How many days would you wait for a filipina to respond to your electronic message?
When would you 'drop' the interest to her?
How many can you handle simultaneously, by electronic communication?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

mentor wrote:Practical questions:

How many days would you wait for a filipina to respond to your electronic message?
When would you 'drop' the interest to her?
How many can you handle simultaneously, by electronic communication?
It depends on the girls situation. Does she have her own computer or daily access to a computer or a smart phone? If so then you should hear from her regularly, depending on work or school schedule. If she goes to an Internet cafe a few times a week or you know that she runs out of load a lot then maybe it'll take longer.

The real question is why wait at all? Unless you are in a relationship (in which case you can call her) you are probably juggling plenty of girls online - or at least you should be.

As to how many I simultaneously was juggling when I was searching, the number was so high I was chatting 24-hours a day. The biggest problem was trying to remember who was who and I actually put together a little spreadsheet. But eventually the list was pared down and ultimately became a list of one.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Taco wrote:
ladislav wrote:I used to be overwhelmed too. Now, after over $100K down the drain. I am no longer so.

Or am I?

Welcome to the Hotel California. You are now one of us. Hopelessly devoted.
If you meet a Filipina that likes you, is attractive, likes sex, works hard and makes money for you, don't get rid of her! Hookers not included.
Great advice Taco.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

davewe wrote: The real question is why wait at all? Unless you are in a relationship (in which case you can call her) you are probably juggling plenty of girls online - or at least you should be.
I am wondering what I should do with this 'wait'.
Let me analyze it a little.

I have a rule in my life, not to mess job life and personal life.
So, I definitely chatting when I go home, and not at work, even though I am always online! I just do my job and nothing else.

Some girls, seem to be almost always online. Is this good? I would say yes, but...maybe no too. Why?
Because some of them seem to be impatient, to wait till the evening, when I will chat them again.

What am going to do with them?
Some girls seem to lose interest, and I suppose that the 'non-instant messaging' play a significant role.
But if they can't wait, and want to understand, I cannot do anything.

On the other hand, there are good girls that appear online, once in a few days.
I don't like it too.
Because I am thinking that the exploration to their characters will take me much more time. I am thinking of asking them to try be online more often, and lets see.
I don't think it is good to reject a girl only from the frequency of online presence. Maybe there are treasures there.

The best tactic for me, is a daily contact, some 'relaxed' hours of the day. Every day.
This 'always online, always messaging with viber/whatsapp/facebook etc', is distracting, impossible to follow from a man who has a good job (not a semi-professional), and it leads to nowhere, in my opinion.

I want to hear your(anyone's) thoughts about it.

I am thinking that I will ask the 'rare online' girls to be more frequent, and if not, I will drop them. The other ones, the 'always online', I think will leave me themselves, the most impatient ones.

Even online dating, has its own weirdness....
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

I hope to get an answer from somebody, and avoid opening a new topic.

I spoke with a nice filipina girl, and she told me that she lives in an appartment only for girls!
When I asked her to clarify me what is this, she told me that there are houses for rent, that is strictly allowed for girls only.

Can somebody further explain me what is it, because I don't have such representations?
Balmung
Freshman Poster

Post by Balmung »

mentor wrote:I hope to get an answer from somebody, and avoid opening a new topic.

I spoke with a nice filipina girl, and she told me that she lives in an appartment only for girls!
When I asked her to clarify me what is this, she told me that there are houses for rent, that is strictly allowed for girls only.

Can somebody further explain me what is it, because I don't have such representations?
I assume you're only chatting with single girls- so be aware that young single people tend to live with their parents; when they don't, they usually lived in shared apartments or boarding houses. Many of these are specifically for men or women only- my girlfriend currently lives in such a boarding house. I suspect it has to do with both security, and also things like fewer sets of shared bathrooms. What this girl told is totally normal for the Philippines. :)
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Balmung wrote: I assume you're only chatting with single girls- so be aware that young single people tend to live with their parents; when they don't, they usually lived in shared apartments or boarding houses. Many of these are specifically for men or women only- my girlfriend currently lives in such a boarding house. I suspect it has to do with both security, and also things like fewer sets of shared bathrooms. What this girl told is totally normal for the Philippines. :)
She is an orphan, but this happened (hopefully) happened when she was already adult.
So after what you told and what she told me, I suppose it is something like a boarding house.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

The average person in the Philippines can't afford a dedicated internet connection so they will either use their phones SIM internet, which is usually sucky connection and speed, internet cafes, public wifi spots which are hit or miss quality wise. The ones online are probably using the phone SIM card internet or living somewhere with a dedicated DSL line, either way most likely they are not paying for it...

Boarding houses or transient houses are very common in the cities in PI. Basically, they are places that are sectioned off into little crappy personal spaces, so the landlord maximizes profit. I see signs advertising mostly for women all the time, I suppose they are easier to deal with than men I guess.

Orphans may not necessarily mean the same to a Westerner as to a Filipino, you need to ask about the circumstances. Oftentimes, it is being kicked out of the family for something and/or the parents got divorced/separated and for some reason with the retarded logic in this country, many times the children are abandoned or given to distant relatives to raise. I suppose when the original mother/father find a new lover the new partner doesn''t like the idea of taking the kids as part of the deal so the kids just get disowned for the most part. I've met many adult Filipinos that were in this situation. If you have been out and about in the entertainment areas and talk to the girls many are in this kind of situation and they have no other means to make money. Also, many will still profess their love and forgiveness for their shitty parents that abandoned them, it's really deranged. Just be careful they aren't emotionally or mentally damaged goods because of the experience. Sometimes they're stronger and more independent, and other times they're an emotional wreck, but you won't know until things get serious....

A lot of the street kids you see are because of the above situation...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Thanks for the information Mr S, I will keep it in mind.
mentor
Freshman Poster

Post by mentor »

Johnny1975 wrote:Over the last few weeks I've become really intrigued by filipinas. I often chat with filipinas on a dating site just to experience their refreshing attitude even though meeting them isn't an option. Sometimes I like to ask them what a day with them would be like, and I like to ask them what they'd do for me, just to see what they say. Just today I was actually getting really aroused when one said that she'd happily make me tea whenever I ask (after I asked her if she would) and that that's easy (i.e. hardly a challenge / big deal) and that she'd love to serve me. When I asked her if while we watch tv she'd sit on the floor (as in let me lie on the sofa) in just her underwear she said sure, no problem. When I asked her if she'd kiss me any time I ask she said she'd do it whether I ask or not, and whether I like it or not and I'm getting a hardon typing this.

But I've noticed a few things :

* I don't feel like I could be even slightly sexually suggestive with them. I like a bit of cheek but I don't think it would go down well. They seem to lovey dovey (not that there's anything wrong with that but it's a bit too much). One stopped chatting with me simply because I asked if she's a good kisser.

* They strike me as very naive / too trusting.

* They don't seem to be very intellectual. Or maybe they are but they choose not to show it. Maybe it's not that important to them, I don't know, but it's definitely important to me.

If the above things weren't an issue, they'd be perfect. But it's a problem. Basically they're like pussycats. They're so lovely but certain things are a bit lacking.

Discuss.
Nice observations.
After these years, do you want to update or change something from the above?