American Women in 1969 - Wow look how different they were!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

zboy1 wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote:According to a biography I have, one of the guys from Blondie asked Oasis to do a cover of Hanging on the Telephone for a cover album. The album never came out though, which is a shame because it sounds just like a song from Oasis' first album.

I actually like Madonna, but I get what you're saying. There are other good female artists I can think of. What about Siouxie and the Banshees? Cocteau Twins? Hell even The Bangles. Patti Smith? I already mentioned B-52's; Roam is one of my favorite songs ever. There are a few from the last decade I like, none of that Katy Perry/Adele stuff, but there are some good women in music still.
The Bangles and B-52's were awesome back in the day.

As for Adele, she's awesome! Unlike a lot of her peers, she can actually sing and has talent. Why do you hate her? She's one of the few musicians from this current decade that I can actually stomach along with Coldplay, Lupe Fisaco, and a couple of others I can't remember. Otherwise, music has truly sucked this generation.
Adele has good vocal range, but I dunno, I think it's a bit too conventional. Recent female artists I can think of: Lana Del Rey, Janelle Monae...two I listen to. Corrine Baillie Rae, Leona Lewis...these are artists, not pop stars. The only recent rock band with female vocalist I can think of off top of my head is Paramore. No comparison to punk/new wave era though.

Berlin is a good call S Parc. Actually here in Jersey people don't think of punk much. They almost never did when it was happening. I visited Joey Ramone's grave here though. When people think of Jersey it's usually Sinatra or even more likely Springsteen (even before our governor, who's like an obsessive fan). My Chemical Romance are from here, so that's what younger people associate.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

abcdavid01 wrote:Berlin is a good call S Parc. Actually here in Jersey people don't think of punk much. They almost never did when it was happening. I visited Joey Ramone's grave here though. When people think of Jersey it's usually Sinatra or even more likely Springsteen (even before our governor, who's like an obsessive fan).
The funny bit about the Ramones is that after CBGB, they thought of Deb as a sellout, as her band's music was more a bridge between Punk and other musical genres. I only saw Punk, as Ms Harry's origins, since her main body of work: the debut album, Plastic Letters, Parallel Lines, Eat to the Beat, and Autoamerican is pretty much all over the place, esp the latter one.

Well anyways, Debbie Harry is a blast from the past and unfortunately, we won't be seeing another in our future.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote: I thought the last truly graceful and charming singer was Olivia Newton John?
I agree, I also think she is the last beautiful, graceful, charming and feminine singer. Here are some of her best music videos, I love this woman! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

007 & Winston, though I know you both love Olivia, I want to give one nod up on Debbie. And realize, Deb's an AW, not an Australian.

In the early 80s, Debbie's boyfriend developed a rare disease and was given a short time to live by his doctors. Well, that was the peak of her career, when she was world famous. She quit touring and gave up her musical career, to take care of her boyfriend, with the expectation that he was going to die in a short while. He did, however, eventually recover, but at that point in time, the band days were over & Blondie started to fade into obscurity until the '99 reunion.

In my entire life, I'd never seen a famous American woman sacrifice everything for her man except for this case. Thus, in my book, she's unique and a once in a lifetime individual, the total package.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

One of my favorite contemporary female singers has to be Paula Seling. She's well known in Romania and she's what I would call an ideal woman: talented, beautiful, smart and (unfortunately for me :lol: ) happily married with a guy she met when she was 17.

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Re: American Women in 1969

Post by Robert77 »

fschmidt wrote:
Banano wrote:Look how different they were, AW for 60s and 70s look like Russian women these days, the way they dance,dress, body type..
So do you think Russian women in 50 years will be like American women today? I haven't been to Russia, but I am pretty sure Chinese women in 50 years will be like American women today.
try 15 years.... chinese women are already starting to get rotten with the whole "I am a woman and u dont call me honey, and u cook your own dinner!!!" if white women do this, why not me chinese woman?!?!?!?!
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Final look at Debbie Harry

Post by S_Parc »

Here's a last look at Debbie Harry on a British TV show in the late 70s.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I'm watching the Bewitched marathon right now. The show is very funny and lighthearted. Doesn't Samantha look so feminine, cute, charming and good natured? Did any of you wish that you had her powers too? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

Barbara Eden from I Dream of Jeannie was really hot. Watching her sit in Larry Hagman's lap always made me envious.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Have you noticed that AW looked like a different species in the 1970's? Here are some examples.

Notice how Lindsay Wagner in the Bionic Woman looks very sweet, feminine, natural, good-natured and genuine.

Notice her sweet, charming, genuine, wholesome, good-natured smile. You never see that on AW today.

Check out this clip of her in the Bionic Woman intro. You gotta see it. It's only one minute. Notice her facial expressions are so different from AW today. You'll never see AW like that today. It's like she's a different species from AW today.

See what I mean?

Notice the caring affectionate relationship she had with her boss Oscar Goldman.

In contrast, look at the relation that the new Bionic Woman of the new series has with her boss. She grabs him by the collar, intimidates him, and shows him who's boss. This is how AW today are taught to treat men.

Sickening huh?

Also, check out Erin Gray from the 1979 series "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century". Look at her beautiful smile which radiates goodness and kindness. You never see that kind of smile or emotion on AW today.

Doesn't she look like a different species from AW today?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Where are the women of color? Racism plain and simple.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moretorque wrote:Where are the women of color? Racism plain and simple.
Of course there was racism in the 60's and 70's. Nothing is perfect. But people say that the 70's were the happiest decade of the 20th Century. TV taught good wholesome family values, and creative people were admired and seen as cool. The culture was ripe for new ideas. You can see this in the movies and TV shows of that decade.

Also, what's striking is that AW back then could be tall and beautiful, even a model type, and yet still be sweet, wholesome, kind, good-natured, and NOT be a bitch. (Examples: Lindsay Wagner, Erin Gray, Linda Carter, Mary Hopkins) But AW today can't be like that for some reason. It was a very different world. Much more natural for sure.

At least kids back then played outside, did not get tattoos and did not cuss or swear at their parents.

Look at the photos of the 1978 Battlestar Galactica cast below. Notice that their faces and smiles look warm, genuine, wholesome and good-natured. That's not the way Americans are today, especially AW.

This is how Americans are today. Very cold, hollow, soulless and disconnected.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: American Women in 1969 - Look how different they were!

Post by Winston »

Well feminism cant last forever because it decreases population and birth rate. At some point, when population gets too low, they will have to reinstate traditional family values again in order to grow the population again. Unless of course, they decide to raise kids in test tubes like in "Brave New World". Lol.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: American Women in 1969 - Look how different they were!

Post by Winston »

Btw i saw some amazing films yesterday. You gotta see them. One was called "village of the giants" from 1965. It shows constant partying and dancing. Ive never seen americans that wild and uninhibited before. They are usually too uptight to dance like this film portrays. Its like a teen exploitation film. The girls in it look very feminine and lady like, even though they act wild and uninhibited. The version i downloaded is removed from youtube. Theres still a version left but its darkened out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-E_uZ3oQJ4

Were americans really that wild and uninhibited and let loose in the 60s? I never seen that before, not even in 80s or 70s films.

The other film i saw was "american graffiti" from 1973 by George Lucas, before he made star wars. It showed how young people had wild fun out on the streets while driving in 1962. The cars looked very cool and artistic. And so did the diners. And all the youngsters looked so open and uninhibited and fun loving.

Ive never seen americans that loose before. Were they really like that in the early 60s? This is supposed to be a nostalgic film about what it was like to be young in those years, so they say. Lol. The music in it is really nostalgic and sentimental too. It marked the last days of the innocence of america in 1962 and this film captures very well those last days of innocence. When you see this, you will wish that your youth was this wild and fun. Lol.

Richard dreyfuss and harrison ford are in it too. They looked so young. Theres a copy on youtube but its zoomed in and not great quality. Plus its not complete since its under 2 hrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leh7sRk5GzQ

Have any of you seen them?

Gsjackson, you were around during the 60s. Was america ever that wild, fun and uninhibited?

GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by GoingAwol »

S_Parc wrote:
Winston wrote:Wow check out the charm, grace and beauty in Audrey Hepburn's face. Wasn't she one of the most beautiful women to have ever lived? How come no actress in America has that kind of beauty and charm today?
For some odd reason, after "Pretty Woman", Julia Roberts had become the Hollywood standard for fine American women, however, for all intensive purposes, she's just an ordinary actress with ordinary facial features & minimal charm. I never understood how this happened, as I was never attracted to Roberts at any point in her multi-decade career.

The last great American beauty was singer/songwriter Debbie Harry. Since Madonna swiped her spotlight in the mid-80s, it's been skanks galore ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvhRhWWE44

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRvhRhWWE44[/youtube]
Rachel McAdams is really pretty