Brilliant pupil's 'logical' suicide

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

lavezzi wrote: Suffering occurs due to ignorance, not brilliance.
You summed it up in far less words that I.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

HA! If this person was as smart as people thought, he'd continue to live his life, as folks like him would be respected and valued in the next couple decades, and he would be smart enough to make himself rich until then. It takes guts to live ANY kind of life though, even the unlife, as the bowels of hell can be quite scary to the living.

Clearly though, he wasn't very smart at all. He was just the type of person whose treated unfairly in life ON PURPOSE. These people are driven to hell, so they cannot change the whole world, or even theirs. And based on who's watching them(in this case, the British royalty), this possibility can be taken and used for someone else's purposes. The unseen force that control everyone's lives are quite malevolent.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

The only brilliant and honorable way to die is to die fighting.

Maybe the brilliance in this guy's thought is that by committing suicide while young, he has taken faulty individual such as him out of the gene pool, in that case, he is brilliant. Any other reason that is not based on betterment of mankind is pathetic imho.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Accumulation of knowledge is a weight on one's back. Ignorance and accumulation are both not ideal. The answer is refinement.

Oppenheimer was often suicidal.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What were the reasons he listed in his diary that made life not worth living?

The advantage of being a narcissist is that you are much less likely to commit suicide than a non-narcissist.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
dram
Freshman Poster

Post by dram »

This guy killed himself because of ignorance not out of brilliance.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Alright, keep believing that because it makes your life tolerable. I'll ask the hard questions.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

abcdavid01 wrote:Alright, keep believing that because it makes your life tolerable. I'll ask the hard questions.
word.

yes, being commanded like a slave. working your ass off. keep yourself under cover to not be a target for thugs, killings and murder are just beatiful ornaments which make our life more colorful.
expatasiaseeker
Freshman Poster

Post by expatasiaseeker »

I think someone sacrificed his ass to Satan when he wasn't looking!!!!!!!!!!!
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

expatasiaseeker wrote:I think someone sacrificed his a** to Satan when he wasn't looking!!
LMAO That's hilarious! :D And probably true.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

The Economics of Suicide
Why trying to kill yourself may be a smart business decision.

By Charles Duhigg|Posted Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2003, at 11:15 AM ET

When Kirk Jones jumped over the guardrail at Niagara Falls last week and fell 180 feet alongside 150,000 gallons per second of rushing water, traditional explanations for his leap were plentiful. Jones' parents said he had lost his job and was depressed. A suicide expert pointed out the appeal of dramatic farewells. And everyone called the jump suicidal: Jones is the first person to survive a Niagara fall without safety gear.

But when it later came out that Jones had boasted to a friend, "If I go over and I live, I am going to make some money," it was time to call in the economists.
Advertisement

Jones is now negotiating with tabloids to sell his story for thousands of dollars. His case, however, will complicate a debate that is roiling suicidology, one that pits economists against psychiatrists over a basic question: Is suicide a rational decision?
http://www.slate.com/articles/business/ ... ide.2.html