Has anyone here had success meeting women in the US?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Has anyone here had success meeting women in the US?

Post by jamesbond »

I was wondering if anybody here had any success with meeting women in America. I read a statistic that said only about 5-10% of men in America have had success with meeting and sleeping with lot's of women. I have never ran into a guy who has dated or slept with a lot of women in America. Most guys I know of are so desperate to meet chicks, that they take the first girl that comes along and makes her their girlfriend or wife. I believe most men in America are in relationships by default, meaning they settled and took whatever woman they could find. Since it's so hard to meet women in America I guess it's natural for men to settle and take whatever woman they can find!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Has anyone here had success meeting women in the US?

Post by momopi »

jamesbond wrote:I was wondering if anybody here had any success with meeting women in America. I read a statistic that said only about 5-10% of men in America have had success with meeting and sleeping with lot's of women. I have never ran into a guy who has dated or slept with a lot of women in America. Most guys I know of are so desperate to meet chicks, that they take the first girl that comes along and makes her their girlfriend or wife. I believe most men in America are in relationships by default, meaning they settled and took whatever woman they could find. Since it's so hard to meet women in America I guess it's natural for men to settle and take whatever woman they can find!
It was easier meeting & dating girls back in college. You saw the same people every week, and many girls are away from home for the first time. They're feeling liberated and looking to get some experiences. But once out of college, they become harder to meet. By late 20's to early 30's, some single women become desperate and actively seek out men, competing aggressively against younger women:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/orange-c ... -lost.html
"Older women competing with twenty something girls in the dating scene."

To pick up women "on the street" (in clubs, bars, cafe's, etc), you need game. I'm not that good at it, but have couple Asian guy friends who are very good at picking up waitresses -- I've seen them in action. Both are now married with kids, one to a former food services staff at convention center, and another is former waitress at a Japanese restaurant. It didn't occur to me until later that your waitress is tied to the table, and chatting them up is like having them tied to a yo-yo. @_@

If you can build quality social circles & extended social circles, it's easy to meet people, or have friends introduce girls to you. This topic has already been covered in another thread. I'll add that it gets complicated when your ex-GF is your buddy's mother's god-daughter, and you're the buddy's daughter's god-father. Like dating girls at work, convenience comes at a price.

Specicially for Asian Americans leaning toward the socially inept side, there are several venues catering to them. In Los Angeles K-Town there are several "booking clubs" where the waiters grab girls in the club and brings them to your table, so you can chat them up and feed them over-priced shots. For those who don't understand, read the user feedbacks here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/karnak-los-angeles

There are also many Asian American professional organizations, such as Asian Professional Exchange (APEX) and Young Generation Asian Professionals (YGAP). These organizations host regular events in Northern & Southern CA. The "mixers" are like 70-80% single Asian men & women looking to hook up. I attended a chairty event at local Chinese culture center recently and they handed out papers with squares and job descriptions printed in the squares. You walk around and ask people what their profession is, and fill their names in the square. First person to complete the paper gets a prize. Hmf. Most of the people running around the room are single women chasing down men asking what they did for a living. o.O;;

I used to work for utilities years ago and we had "volunteer social events", such as working for local chairties. Basically, bunch of guys and girls from the company "volunteering" at the local food kitchen for the morning, making sandwitches and packing turkey lunch boxes. You rotate around the work stations and chat up the people there. If you hit it off, you take the girl to lunch afterwards.

A funny observation that my Korean friend made. At his church, many good looking girls are bringing gangster wanna be types to church service. Something about the desire to "reform" bad boys. So he ditched the goody two shoes outfits and started attending church social events in Ed Hardy shoes and leather jackets. Said meeting women was like shooting fish in a barrel.

---------------

To sum it up, if you have game, you can go clubbing or bar hopping to pick up girls without much trouble. If you don't have game, then the solution is to put yourself in a position where you'd meet women. Or, you can go abroad to a place where your sexual market value is higher.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Sure, even I have had some girlfriends in America. But the thing is, they come only once every few years, after thousands of times of being shot down and flaked out upon. And when they do, they can last a year or only a few weeks. But the point is, why wait several years for ONE CHOICE that comes along eventually, when you can go abroad to certain countries where you can easily have MANY CHOICES at any given moment?

Momopi, I didn't know places like the "booking club" existed in LA. Next time I go there, maybe you can show them to me? How much do they cost?

BTW, in the link you gave us, http://www.yelp.com/biz/karnak-los-angeles , people there are dissing it, saying that it's no fun and 90 percent dudes! Take a look.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

WWu777 wrote: Momopi, I didn't know places like the "booking club" existed in LA. Next time I go there, maybe you can show them to me? How much do they cost?

BTW, in the link you gave us, http://www.yelp.com/biz/karnak-los-angeles , people there are dissing it, saying that it's no fun and 90 percent dudes! Take a look.
Booking clubs are fun only for a period of time. After that people get burned out. Here's a couple more to read:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/velvet-room-los-angeles
http://www.club-vr.com/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-cercle-super ... -angeles-2 (ex-Le Prive)
http://www.lecerclela.com/

If you go with a group, your share of the tab will be $100-$200+, depending on what you order. The girls there all say they hate booking, but why go back if they hate it? LoL. If you get lucky, you can take a girl home. My buddy mike (korean) meet his GF (vietnamese) at one of these clubs. Gender ratio and age group varies from club to club.

If you got more $ to burn and want 3+ paid girls for every guy, you can go to places like Tee-Up in LA at Hotel Bonaventure. If you don't speak Japanese, go with someone who does and you'd get better service and better hostess girls. There are many more clubs like it in Little Tokyo area and Torrance/Gardena. Cost is about $150-$200+ per head and many of the girls working there will give you their phone #'s. I've entertained Japanese clients there and meet a wide range of women, from college students looking to make an extra buck on the weekend, to freaky party animals and single moms trying to get by.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I heard dating experts say only a small portion of men in America are dating and sleeping with lot's of women. Most guys just settle and take whatever girl they can find. Oh well, another reason to check out women over seas! :D

Image ImageImage
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

jamesbond wrote:I heard dating experts say only a small portion of men in America are dating and sleeping with lot's of women. Most guys just settle and take whatever girl they can find. Oh well, another reason to check out women over seas! :D

Image ImageImage
After Russia, America is about as easy as a barren desert. Meeting girls in the former is natural and there are no convoluted social events that involve meeting them. You see someone you like, you talk to them then you start a relationship. Not in the US. Why waste time?

Look how easily it happens there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE21K1sS8A8
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ladislav, I understand what you mean by "convoluted social events." Those are things like "speed dating" (a big waste of time), or "singles events" (only attracts fat, unattractive desperate women) or "single's chuch meetings" (mostly consists of undesireable women). Of course the personal ads, the internet and dating services are a big joke as well here in the US. I recently read a statistic that said in America, only 3% of people have met someone through the internet! For all the talk about internet dating, it DOES NOT WORK! I guess we could try to meet women in bookstores, grocery stores and shopping malls. Oh wait, I forgot this is America and we don't talk to strangers in this country! :D I guess if I want to meet women like the ones below, I might have to travel overseas! :D

* provocative images removed
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In US movies and TV shows people normally and naturally talk to strangers and make friends with them. Why is it so different in reality, though. Yeah, a trip abroad is in order and the younger you do it, the better.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

jamesbond wrote:Ladislav, I understand what you mean by "convoluted social events." Those are things like "speed dating" (a big waste of time), or "singles events" (only attracts fat, unattractive desperate women) or "single's chuch meetings" (mostly consists of undesireable women). Of course the personal ads, the internet and dating services are a big joke as well here in the US. I recently read a statistic that said in America, only 3% of people have met someone through the internet! For all the talk about internet dating, it DOES NOT WORK! I guess we could try to meet women in bookstores, grocery stores and shopping malls. Oh wait, I forgot this is America and we don't talk to strangers in this country! :D I guess if I want to meet women like the ones below, I might have to travel overseas! :D
Skip the online dating sites crap. Use social networking sites like facebook/friendster, chat with people via MSN and IRC. Going special interest groups and attend mixers.

I've meet many people online through IRC and even dated a few girls I meet from there (#anime chat rooms). Be warned however, that people who spend all their time in internet chat rooms usually are shy or socially inept in real life.

If you live in a decent sized city, join local online dining groups like Yelp and you can meet many people. I have a few friends who meet their BF/GF or spouse that way. But you have to be into food and willing to spend. If you date a Yelp girl, you must be willing to drive long distances to sample new restaurants every weekend.

--------------------------------

Specifically for Asian Americans, consider joining groups like APEX, YGAP, OCA, etc.:
http://www.apex.org
http://www.ygap.org
http://www.oca-oc.org

Or just go overseas! Visit East/SE Asia! Connect with your childhood friends and extended family members! The internet has made it so much easier in keeping touch with friends overseas. I chat with friends in TW on MSN 4-5 days a week.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

in my experience. yes its all a shame. The law to attract women in the us is simple. Be a very attractive male or have money. Dont have either then youre a bust.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I've met lots of chicks in the USA when I lived there, some locations are better than others of course. The main problem with the average American woman is that most are overweight or have some kind of mental problem or physical perceived problem (complaining about being sick, migraine, bad back, etc).

I never dated or banged any American chick who was either not overweight or mental in some way. I'm just lucky I never saddled up with a fat chick or psycho chick while I was there as my life would be totally depressing in the USA, for sure. At least living overseas I can pick and choose to date and get laid whenever I want, even if most of the girls are not long term relationship quality. I can pick and choose to bang a fat or thin chick, whereas in the states your kinda forced to date chunky chicks for the most part. I swear the only thin chicks I dated had some kind of mental problem!

Now if I bang a chunky or fat chick, its because she has really nice, full big tits and I want something different to play with then the typical small woman with small or average sized tits.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Fat or Crazy

Post by Master »

I think you’re right in both counts. I don’t know why that is but it’s really true. Most women even the most beautiful are insecure and hateful. Even women that seem to be nice have some type of serious problem in them. I think they become obsessed with their looks and that makes them ego driven to total lunacy because of course we live in a superficial driven society. I remember reading Winston’s post about even getting fat chicks was becoming hard in the U.S. that goes without surprise. I see it all the time. Women that have nothing going for them and are totally crazy living alone and borderline in the streets would rather stay lonely that f**k some guy that would take care of them. How the f**k can that happen? It does, women don’t think their stupid and they love to obsess about guys that give them no mind. I see it all the time, if a man is married the women starts to think of ways to corrupt him or make him f**k her. For no reason, she could get a guy somewhere else, even a better guy but the idea of taking him away or him being married makes her nihilistic. Some of guys actually sleep with these women because guys are just as stupid. They’ll risk their entire lives for a fling with an ugly woman just to say they f***ed her. I think it has to do with the idea that women usually go for stupid guys. It’s easier for them to impose their ideas on them. Women don’t want a real man, they want someone they could push around.

Anyway, I think there is no woman in the US without some type of problem. My advice is to not give in to the temptation and find love somewhere else.

Note: even little girls have serious dysfunction, how the hell does that happen?
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

When I was a kid, weighed 50 pounds less, had hair and a fast motorcycle I had plenty of girls. Once I went overseas, all that went out the window. As I got older, my tolerance for drama fell to near zero, and most American females are drama 24/7.

In the end, I see American females as easy but boring paper cut-outs that kept me busy till I found the my soul mate and married her. All American men should get on their knees and thank God that the females in America are so horrible. If for no other reason then the only thing worse then being alone is being tied to a shrill nagging pig.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Dr Phil one time said "I would rather be single and lonely, than be married and miserable." He's right, especially if you are married to an American woman! LOL :lol: Most guys in America are in relationships by default, they simply take the first girl that comes along and then get married. Since it is so difficult to meet women in America, I can see why guys take the first girl that comes along! They are so horny and desperate that they feel like they hardly have any choices and marry what ever girl they can find. This is one of the reasons why the divorce rate is so high in America, people not dating enough before they get married!
Expatriate
Freshman Poster

Post by Expatriate »

Dont bother trying to get American women. They are a waste of time and effort.

After you have met a woman, you still have to see if she is attracted to you. After that, you've got to ask her out. Then the games begin. The fine balance between being too easy and too difficult. Most of the time they will flake out on you for no reason. Fake phone numbers, unreturned phone calls, etc.