Pros and Cons of Puerto Rican Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

I notice how everyone uses ghetto with Black and any person of color yet never mention whites being ghetto. White people are ghetto too and they take ghetto to a whole new level.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Oh god, not another "BUT WHITE PEOPLE DO IT TOO!" person..

As black people, if we were the kings and queens MOST OF US claim to be, the we would be acting better as a whole. Personally, I am willing to concede that maybe we came from royalty in Africa... BUT THAT WAS CENTURIES/MILLENNIA AGO.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
indexto4
Freshman Poster

Post by indexto4 »

I have a good deal of experience with several women from central and south America. I grew up with many Puerto Ricans in my home town of Newark, earlier this year I had a dialog with three women from Puerto Rico, and from it I can draw these conclusions....

A: they can not be trusted...
B: they can make poor choices in associations with others....people with obvious character flaws and low/no morals.
C: If they were born or spent time in NY city, you can take the chick out of NY, but you can't take the NY out of the chick...
D: they seem to have a devious side, leading to subterfuge, in other words, not inclined to be trustworthy....
E: misaligned objectives, poor judgement....can be classified as two faced and low class....
F: can tend to be a bit ignorant, IE schooling. spelling, education proficiency.
G:can be attracted to "the wrong kind of guy" even with knowledge of mannerisms, and character defects, and continue a relationship with them, IE. brutos, domestic abusers. arrogant self righteous men, simply put...thugs.
H. inclination and predisposition to infidelity, and not being loyal whatsoever.
I: may be dominant, like to take charge sexually, refer to items A thru H, to see if the admission price is worth it....
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:I notice how everyone uses ghetto with Black and any person of color yet never mention whites being ghetto. White people are ghetto too and they take ghetto to a whole new level.
Kind of off-topic though...
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

indexto4 wrote:I have a good deal of experience with several women from central and south America. I grew up with many Puerto Ricans in my home town of Newark, earlier this year I had a dialog with three women from Puerto Rico, and from it I can draw these conclusions....

A: they can not be trusted...
B: they can make poor choices in associations with others....people with obvious character flaws and low/no morals.
C: If they were born or spent time in NY city, you can take the chick out of NY, but you can't take the NY out of the chick...
D: they seem to have a devious side, leading to subterfuge, in other words, not inclined to be trustworthy....
E: misaligned objectives, poor judgement....can be classified as two faced and low class....
F: can tend to be a bit ignorant, IE schooling. spelling, education proficiency.
G:can be attracted to "the wrong kind of guy" even with knowledge of mannerisms, and character defects, and continue a relationship with them, IE. brutos, domestic abusers. arrogant self righteous men, simply put...thugs.
H. inclination and predisposition to infidelity, and not being loyal whatsoever.
I: may be dominant, like to take charge sexually, refer to items A thru H, to see if the admission price is worth it....
A ver, ellas parecen como corrompidas. Dejelelas tranquilas. Brick City is barrio for sure. Jajajajajaa Que lo que pai?
Ud deberia irle a la pagina inicial y le introduzca a si mismo por crear/escribir a la maquina un nuevo hilo personal. Tiene el derecho para hacerlo. Siga pa lante.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Trizzy12
Freshman Poster

Post by Trizzy12 »

First of all, let me just say most of you are discriminating/[u]GENERALIZING[/u] on here about YOUR bad experience with a Puerto Rican woman. In every culture and every race there is good and bad. There are some very bad blacks, whites, aisians, euro's, hispanics, and so fourth. Anyone can have those pros and cons depending on the individual. Also, Roselyn Sanchez, Dayanara Torres, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Saldana are all classy boriquas in the hollywood scene so...the list is endless as far as classless people but race is not the same in it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a boriqua. Hopefully you forgave, healed and are moving in a positive direction with your life. As a boriqua myself I can say, that I do not have all those qualities and my husband who is black, can tell you he is happily married to me.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Trizzy12 wrote:First of all, let me just say most of you are discriminating/GENERALIZING on here about YOUR bad experience with a Puerto Rican woman. In every culture and every race there is good and bad. There are some very bad blacks, whites, aisians, euro's, hispanics, and so fourth. Anyone can have those pros and cons depending on the individual. Also, Roselyn Sanchez, Dayanara Torres, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Saldana are all classy boriquas in the hollywood scene so...the list is endless as far as classless people but race is not the same in it.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a boriqua. Hopefully you forgave, healed and are moving in a positive direction with your life. As a boriqua myself I can say, that I do not have all those qualities and my husband who is black, can tell you he is happily married to me.
You are just as bad as Black people trying to claim mulattoes, mixed people, people with semi-to-very "kinky" hair (e.g. Palestinians generally have it and they aren't Black!) and anything that has a remnant of melanin in it as Black. They fall for the okie doak Jim Crow law; sadly you have done so too. Maybe your husband made you drink the Kool-Aid...¿Quíen sabe? but you.

Zoe Saldaña se reclama a si mismo como una verdadera morena/negra/prieta en todas de sus entrevistas aún que sea una dominicana que nacío en la República Dominicana por sus padres dominicanos. Pues what part of the game is that - that she claims she's Boricua, "my" dude-ette?!?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If you want a PRican girl, get her in Puerto Rico. NY or mainland PRicans are not PRicans. But to get her in PRico, you will need a job and a car.
ou are just as bad as Black people trying to claim mulattoes, mixed people, people with semi-to-very "kinky" hair (e.g. Palestinians generally have it and they aren't Black!) and anything that has a remnant of melanin in it as Black. They fall for the okie doak Jim Crow law; sadly you have done so too. Maybe your husband made you drink the Kool-Aid...¿Quíen sabe? but you.
That is the American way. One drop of black blood- you are black. This is why the Hispanic category was invented. Again, all those definitions are meaningless outside of the Anglo world.

As far as anyone whoever suffered for being Boricua from the hands of viles Yanquis, my sympathies but also be aware of the fact that PRicans discriminate against anyone non-PR looking for work on the Island. They think they are a 'nationality' and that PR is a 'country' and that the jobs in PRico are for PRicans. And they often treat Dominicans like dogs. I remember looking for work there and how they would tell me that I was taking bread from the mouths of PRicans.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Trizzy12 wrote:First of all, let me just say most of you are discriminating/GENERALIZING on here about YOUR bad experience with a Puerto Rican woman. In every culture and every race there is good and bad. There are some very bad blacks, whites, aisians, euro's, hispanics, and so fourth. Anyone can have those pros and cons depending on the individual. Also, Roselyn Sanchez, Dayanara Torres, Rosario Dawson, and Zoe Saldana are all classy boriquas in the hollywood scene so...the list is endless as far as classless people but race is not the same in it.

I found the women there the worst I have encountered in the world, and that is after visiting about 80 or so countries. There is a huge problem with women in PR, PERIOD.

Men are resorting to homosexuality in PR in droves. When I first moved to PR, I wondered why until I started getting the dose of reality there. Women there often exploit the local laws which are extremely anti-male to maintain the upper hand. They will falsely claim abuse at home and in the workplace to get the upper hand against men there.

The divorce rate is the fasted growing in the world, and women don't have to prove much beyond an allegations to dispossess a man from his home, his children, and his wealth.

I have never had any negative experiences in the US mainland with PR women, quite the contrary. But living in the San Juan metro area taught me that that island in on the verge of social implosion at the hands of women and their marianismo on steroids mentality.

My theory is that PR was historically a patriarchal society where women were traditional and men were machistas about the house and workplace. The laws there have overcompensated and women now have the upper hand against men in all things domestic and legal. A PR lawyer friend of mine advises men to never marry in PR given the legal disadvantages there.

Don't believe me? Read for yourself:
http://puertoricanconservative.wordpres ... servative/

Law 54 – the most abused law in PR

Ley 54 – was heralded as a great step forward in women’s rights. The right by allegation alone – to have any man arrested for spousal abuse.

Curiously enough, there are no statistics to indicate that the law has, in any way shape or form; reduced the number of women assaulted by their husbands, nor has it reduced the number of women killed by a lover.

So what has the law done? It has given women the absolute power to jail any man based on a verbal accusation alone with no physical proof what so ever.

You have seen it, I have seen it, we have all heard the stories. A couple going through a divorce and the woman calls the cops because the man won’t do what she wants him to do and she makes an accusation. He pleads, and begs the cops and he goes to jail anyway.

Whether convicted or not under the law the accusation alone tarnishes a mans reputation and gives the woman unfair advantage in civil court in cases of divorce.

I propose a simple alternative. If a woman accuses a man of assault under law 54 BOTH should be immediately arrested. If no evidence of abuse is found the woman should face a trial for false police reports and serve the maximum sentence automatically. (the same would apply to men who make false allegations).

If that change is implemented you will see a dramatic reduction in the number of alleged acts of abuse. Then maybe the police can focus on the real cases of abuse and protect people who are really being hurt.

It does of course open an entire discussion of the question of civil law in Puerto Rico and how it is applied in cases between men and women, but that is a discussion for another day.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

My feelings on many Puerto Rican women in New York City is that they come across as being stuck up. I have worked with and went to school with them. Usually the young ones will not acknowledge you unless you speak Spanish or are a fellow Puerto Rican. Once they get older and start having children, they are more approachable. :roll:
PeteLovesAPeurtoRicanWoma
Freshman Poster

Post by PeteLovesAPeurtoRicanWoma »

I love a Puerto Rican Woman. She is one of the most beautiful, intelligent, and amazing women I have ever met. It seems that there are some people here making some hasty generalizations. You can't judge all PR woman by what you might think you know about a few of them. All people are different. It would be the same as saying all black people are crackheads. They're not. People are all different. It doesn't matter where they grew up. What matters is who they are.
lovedancing23
Freshman Poster

RE: The Pros against the Cons of Puerto Rican women

Post by lovedancing23 »

Wow, there are a lot of negative views on here about Puerto Rican women. Like someone else said on here, there are good and bads in every country and every race. Sure, stereotypes were created for a reason, but not all are going to fit the mold. I feel that some of these comments are unfair. My mother was born and raised in PR, and my family is a huge advocate of education. My Mom and I both have our Master's. All of my family in PR is completely bilingual and many of them are doctors. Nobody in my family is "ghetto", fat, or many of the negative things people said. I grew up around born and raised Puerto Ricans who moved to Virginia in adulthood. Sure, we have our flaws, but who doesn't?

Many people on here are claiming women lie about men beating them, and I have no doubt that some do. However, my mother was the only one to marry an American. She has stayed married 43 years. Her two sisters were married to Puerto Ricans and were beaten and cheated on unmercifully. My one Aunt was thrown down the stairs by her husband while she was pregnant. The other has been married twice and cheated on plenty. I have heard story after story about true domestic violence and men being unfaithful. And when I say unfaithful, I don't mean just one affair, I mean "pinga loca" with many! If that doesn't make a woman a man-hater, not sure what does.

If Puerto Rican women are so fat, ugly, etc, then why do they have the most Miss Universe title holders after USA and Venezuela? There are 51 beautiful famous Puerto Ricans listed here including Roselyn Sanchez and Rita Moreno. http://www.imdb.com/list/ItXz8YgM_xw/
And a video tribute to beautiful Puerto Rican women: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDCn_xo7L8E

And New Yorikans? Many do not speak the language or have visited the island yet wave the flag around claiming "boricua", and yes, a lot make true Puerto Ricans look bad. I am sorry for those even judging just the San Juan metro area. There is so much more beauty on that island...places or people than San Juan! I have been to 33 countries, and I know not to judge a whole country on their capital or big cities because most likely, those will be the most rude people. I feel bad for those who did not experience all the good PR has to offer. Was just there in March and going back end of September because I love it. And, btw, this is me. Hopefully not any of the negative people described on here inside or out!
lia27
Freshman Poster

This is one of the most degrading things I have ever seen

Post by lia27 »

Dear Readers:

First of, hello everyone (if there is anybody who still reads this piece of discriminating fiction). I am a complete Puerto Rican woman. I find my self in my junior year in college, with outstanding grades I feel I must add. I find quite unbelievable there are still people like you around this time. How dare you talk about my people in this utterly disrespectful and hurtful way? Yes, we Puerto Rican women know how to speak up, yes we know our rights and yes we sure as hell have moved forward with every fight and every movement us women (around the world) have conquered. Some of us have great bodies, some of us don't. Some of us are smart, even brilliant..some of us have low IQ's but high courage and dare to do what ever is possible for ourselves and our family. I suppose like any other woman in any other country. We are warm, and loving just as we can be cold and harsh. We treat people as we are treated. We respect our bodies much more than some of the girls of your countries' not to offend anybody. We believe in complete equality. Our expectations are set individually, not all of us think or feel the same way. How can you generalized with such superiority? How would you feel if it were your country being scrutinized so awfully? You people have mistaken the liberty of speech with the "liberty of cruelty". How can you criticize others when you have showed clearly in this public area how flawed is your personality and mentality? I believe nobody has the right to generalize any country with just a few of it's people. We Puerto Rican women are not perfect, but tell me, who is perfect? Tell me of this amazing country that does not have the same type of women discussed so humiliatingly over here. Most importantly how dare you objectify us women in this absurd way? As if we are some object being bought in some internet page, in which you must check it's pros and cons before making the purchase. You people disgust me and bring up shame to humanity. Most of us are trying to leave any type of discrimination behind INCLUDING gender and race, but there are still some of you that prefer to live this corrosive way, like some plague that can't be exterminated. I hope some day, soon, this world won't be with people like you walking on its ground. I am a Puerto Rican woman, I have dreams and goals, as any other person. I will work till my doctorate and after that keep working just like many others do. I will live a respectful and decent life not like many people in this world. Acknowledging everybody for what they really are and not what their stereotype is. Hopefully a few of you will see how wrong you are and will change your views in a more positive way. Have a nice life.

PS: If you think being open about one's opinion, and expressing ourselves freely means being "crazy", then yeah most of us are "crazy"... Must be great living in a lie, huh? Well tell me how it feels, because us Puerto Rican's won't know about it.

Sincerely, Lia
mguy
Junior Poster

Re: This is one of the most degrading things I have ever see

Post by mguy »

lia27 wrote:Dear Readers:

First of, hello everyone (if there is anybody who still reads this piece of discriminating fiction). I am a complete Puerto Rican woman. I find my self in my junior year in college, with outstanding grades I feel I must add. I find quite unbelievable there are still people like you around this time. How dare you talk about my people in this utterly disrespectful and hurtful way? Yes, we Puerto Rican women know how to speak up, yes we know our rights and yes we sure as hell have moved forward with every fight and every movement us women (around the world) have conquered. Some of us have great bodies, some of us don't. Some of us are smart, even brilliant..some of us have low IQ's but high courage and dare to do what ever is possible for ourselves and our family. I suppose like any other woman in any other country. We are warm, and loving just as we can be cold and harsh. We treat people as we are treated. We respect our bodies much more than some of the girls of your countries' not to offend anybody. We believe in complete equality. Our expectations are set individually, not all of us think or feel the same way. How can you generalized with such superiority? How would you feel if it were your country being scrutinized so awfully? You people have mistaken the liberty of speech with the "liberty of cruelty". How can you criticize others when you have showed clearly in this public area how flawed is your personality and mentality? I believe nobody has the right to generalize any country with just a few of it's people. We Puerto Rican women are not perfect, but tell me, who is perfect? Tell me of this amazing country that does not have the same type of women discussed so humiliatingly over here. Most importantly how dare you objectify us women in this absurd way? As if we are some object being bought in some internet page, in which you must check it's pros and cons before making the purchase. You people disgust me and bring up shame to humanity. Most of us are trying to leave any type of discrimination behind INCLUDING gender and race, but there are still some of you that prefer to live this corrosive way, like some plague that can't be exterminated. I hope some day, soon, this world won't be with people like you walking on its ground. I am a Puerto Rican woman, I have dreams and goals, as any other person. I will work till my doctorate and after that keep working just like many others do. I will live a respectful and decent life not like many people in this world. Acknowledging everybody for what they really are and not what their stereotype is. Hopefully a few of you will see how wrong you are and will change your views in a more positive way. Have a nice life.

PS: If you think being open about one's opinion, and expressing ourselves freely means being "crazy", then yeah most of us are "crazy"... Must be great living in a lie, huh? Well tell me how it feels, because us Puerto Rican's won't know about it.

Sincerely, Lia
post pics or all is lie
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

lia27
Freshman Poster

Post by lia27 »

Excuse me, but what do you mean by showing pictures Mr. Matrix? None of the others have shown anything, why must I prove what I said to be true? You must take my word for it, as the other clueless people have taken yours.