Chinese vs. Taiwanese girls: See the difference in attitude!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Let me show you all how f***ing impossible it is to get a Taiwanese girl to meet you from a dating site. After writing many messages to this girl on OkCupid, she finally replies. When I ask her why it's so difficult to meet any Taiwanese female from a dating site, she explains why below.
Hey sorry for my late reply, Been so busy for the Xmas performance n the final exam, I'm an Englush teacher in TW. Have been to many countries so far. Used to studied in Aust n worked there for about two years. Been to LA for ten days trip but not very familir wiz the US. Studied in LOndon for about a month then ten days trip in Europe, etc. Anyway I luv to travel n maybe I have more conflicting feeling towards TW.haha I'm wondering how come u have the question about the dating website as u r working on part of the kinda website, rnt u? Sorry if I misunderstood about what ur doing wiz ur job... well if u ask me, probably I would say ppl here are not really for frds. Some bad news about the dating sites on TV news really make ppl feel disappointed n scared. That's why I rarely reply. I only met one person 4 years ago. Then never again. Mostly talked few times on skype then gone. It's hard I think. To be honest, till now I still wonder if ur honest wiz what u wrote or not lol! :) Anyway thank u for the Xmas wish! Merry Xmas to u too. If u like, u can add my FB, but I rarely reply, too busy lately.....
As you can see, she says she does not like to meet guys from dating sites in person. WTF?! If so, then why is she on a dating site? WTF?! Why is it so God damn difficult? Why so many f***ing hang ups?! How is this any better than dating in America? WTF is Rock smoking?! Why does he always say the exact OPPOSITE of what the truth is?! WTF?!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

The problem I found with Japanese women is that they were all so busy they had no time for dating. Maybe that's why their population is in massive decline and in a couple of generations the Chinese will just be able to move in.

Anyway, when are you coming to China? I've found a $20 a night hotel just outside the Guangzhou University where I'll be studying. Surely that's got to be better than your parent's basement?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's something I don't understand. Many of the trip reports about China are positive and report that the women are pretty open and easy to meet and that they like foreign men.

However, a fair number of credible sources have also told me that Chinese women in China are cold and closed toward strangers and don't make eye contact.

Yet, my own experience on QQ is that many Chinese girls on there are very sweet, eager and desperate to meet and date me. Their treat me with the same sweetness and admiration as Filipinas do. They are also very talkative and engaging toward me.

How do I reconcile all this? Why the huge discrepancies?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:How do I reconcile all this? Why the huge discrepancies?
You don't. You go to China and see for yourself.

China is the 3rd largest country in the world with >1,353,821,000 people. If you don't like what you see in one city, you go to the next one.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

momopi wrote:You don't. You go to China and see for yourself.

China is the 3rd largest country in the world with >1,353,821,000 people. If you don't like what you see in one city, you go to the next one.
That's exactly why you go to large, diverse countries like China. Go from one region to another in China, and you'll feel like you just stepped into a different country. Also, variety is the spice of life. :wink:

China is not a "one size fits all" kind of place. For example:
(1) Xiongmao likes urban Guangzhou and Hunan women.
(2) I like rural Guizhou and Yunnan women.

Being stuck in Taiwan means being like the proverbial frog in the well (井底之蛙).

Winston, which part(s) of China do you plan to go to? We'll be more than happy to help plan out itineraries for you NOW. :D
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston it's not surprising at all - there are varying opinions on every subject because most things in this world are subjective and relative, and not everyone knows how to put them in perspective or is in a position to put them in perspective.

Go to China and see it for yourself for God's sake, you're a 20 minute boat ride away from the nearest province - Fujian, where the girls even speak the same dialect as you!

You keep erecting artificial and unnecessary obstacles for yourself with ridiculous excuses like you need to write a couple of books first or start a new website - for god's sake you'll be 50 by the time you move - and older you are, the harder it is gonna be for you to get the slim, fair, young, twenty something Chinese girls you crave.

You may think you're busy but your schedule is most certainly not a fraction as restricted, tight and controlled as those of us on this forum with full-time white collared jobs.

You've freed yourself from corporate wage slavery yet you enslave yourself with ridiculous dispensable excuses to postpone chasing your passions and living up to the theme of the site you created.

As some have said, you don't even have to move to China yet (though ideally you would, eventually) but for god's sake - a twenty minute boat ride is all that stands between you and a SHORT VISIT to China!

Your current inertia is an abomination of simple logic, common sense, and everything that this forum you created stands for.

No offence Winston, just trying to get you off your ass and pursue your passions like before.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon wrote: Winston, which part(s) of China do you plan to go to? We'll be more than happy to help plan out itineraries for you NOW. :D
So the differences between cities in China isn't like going from Taipei to Kaoshiung? lol

Do people have the same vibe all throughout China though?

The girls I know live in Guangdong and Sichuan provinces. Some are in big cities, others are near them. Major cities are Shenzhen, Chongqing, and Chengdu.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Do you chat with them in Chinese only, or English, or both?
So the differences between cities in China isn't like going from Taipei to Kaoshiung? lol

Even going to different sides of the same province can feel quite different. People in different parts of China definitely do have very different vibes.

Guangdong and Sichuan are very different. People, language, food, culture, landscape, everything. Roughly, Sichuanese are the country bumpkins, Cantonese are the rich coastal people.
LocDout
Freshman Poster

Post by LocDout »

Winston wrote:
Falcon wrote: Winston, which part(s) of China do you plan to go to? We'll be more than happy to help plan out itineraries for you NOW. :D

The girls I know live in Guangdong and Sichuan provinces. Some are in big cities, others are near them. Major cities are Shenzhen, Chongqing, and Chengdu.
if you want to meet a nice Chinese woman, you need to communicate to them in Chinese. the ones who speak english are usually more shallow. ive always found them to be more annoying. think about why they learned english in the first place, to get paid. so that goes to show what their agenda is. i heard that the women in shanghai are the most foreign loving. judging by how westernised you are, i dont think you can handle any city other than shanghai. you can also go to some other gwailo favorites like westlake in hangzhou, sanlitun in beijing, and shangri la in yunan. generally speaking, the more westernised a place (whether it be hong kong or shanghai), the more stuck up the people tend to be. so while you may feel more at home in Shanghai, hanging out at Hooters restaurant, the women will probably act as stuck up as the women in the west. Compared with HK/TW, I still think the mainland people seem more benevolent, and sincere, but everywhere you go, if a woman is obsesed with her looks, then chances are, she isnt much fun to be around.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

China is a vast place. I've booked a flight from London to Guangzhou via Beijing. Beijing to Guangzhou is 3hr 15min, which means it's much the same distance as Rome to London. Lmao, Rome and London are nothing like each other.

I visited Shanghai with my Cantonese gf, we both felt like outsiders in that city. There were strange differences with Guangzhou. Like Shanghai people like coins, whereas it's incredibly rare to get coins in Guangzhou!

Guangzhou is a seething melting pot of people from all over China (and the rest of the World). There are loads of migrants from every province like Xinxiang, Sichuan and Hunan.

I'm looking forward to passing through Beijing airport again, all the security counters are seemingly staffed by ex-models!!!

Guangzhou is not all good. I'm not a fan of Cantonese food, but hopefully I'll find a really good Hubei restaurant. Hubei food is incredible.

I've told my business lady friend that I want to visit a stuffed animals factory. Living in Guangzhou is going to be a crazy adventure, I don't know why Winston lives on that boring island for.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

ethan_sg wrote:
No offence Winston, just trying to get you off your a** and pursue your passions like before.

His ass is too fat and heavy. It's like a whale trying to move on dry land -- can't be done. No wonder he's stuck in Taiwan LOL
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Chinese vs. Taiwanese girls: See the difference in attit

Post by Winston »

This guy in our Facebook group spoke some real truths about Taiwanese people. He also observed that mainland Chinese women are definitely more approachable than Taiwanese women, which I have noticed as well.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/865979777 ... f=bookmark
Taiwanese are very mean people in general. It is like they try to find reasons to dislike you, to condemn you even when there is really nothing. On their face they look very mean and angry. But not so much on their words. I think that is what you mean and I think I will concur.

Chinese kids from China and even adults from China( for I have being an adult for a long time), based on my experience, they don't show so much disdainfulness toward you. If you talk to them, they generally do not have so many bad attitudes like we find in Taiwan.

In addition, approaching Chinese women is a much easier task than approaching Taiwanese women.

MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by MrBlueLight »

Winston wrote:Let me show you all how f***ing impossible it is to get a Taiwanese girl to meet you from a dating site. After writing many messages to this girl on OkCupid, she finally replies. When I ask her why it's so difficult to meet any Taiwanese female from a dating site, she explains why below.
Hey sorry for my late reply, Been so busy for the Xmas performance n the final exam, I'm an Englush teacher in TW. Have been to many countries so far. Used to studied in Aust n worked there for about two years. Been to LA for ten days trip but not very familir wiz the US. Studied in LOndon for about a month then ten days trip in Europe, etc. Anyway I luv to travel n maybe I have more conflicting feeling towards TW.haha I'm wondering how come u have the question about the dating website as u r working on part of the kinda website, rnt u? Sorry if I misunderstood about what ur doing wiz ur job... well if u ask me, probably I would say ppl here are not really for frds. Some bad news about the dating sites on TV news really make ppl feel disappointed n scared. That's why I rarely reply. I only met one person 4 years ago. Then never again. Mostly talked few times on skype then gone. It's hard I think. To be honest, till now I still wonder if ur honest wiz what u wrote or not lol! :) Anyway thank u for the Xmas wish! Merry Xmas to u too. If u like, u can add my FB, but I rarely reply, too busy lately.....
As you can see, she says she does not like to meet guys from dating sites in person. WTF?! If so, then why is she on a dating site? WTF?! Why is it so God damn difficult? Why so many f***ing hang ups?! How is this any better than dating in America? WTF is Rock smoking?! Why does he always say the exact OPPOSITE of what the truth is?! WTF?!
I call bullshit on this. When I was in Taiwan, I was able to meet girls from dating sites just as easily as in the Philippines. After pipelining, I did not go a day without a date for the month that I was there. You need to stop generalizing your personal experience, man. If you are not getting good responses on dating sites, there is only one reason: you are not attractive enough. Taiwanese girls are not like Chinese or Filipinas in poverty who go gaga if you are from the West, they are not looking for providers, they want attractive guys as in both personality AND looks. Let's be realistic here, online girls in affluent countries only care about two things when they look at your profile: Your age and your pictures. If they don't like what they see, of course they will not respond to your message. Get real now.
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Re: Chinese vs. Taiwanese girls: See the difference in attit

Post by MrBlueLight »

Chinese girls (in the city) are way more pragmatic than Taiwanese girls. It takes longer for Taiwanese girls to warm up, but when they like you, they like you for being you. When Chinese girls like you, they usually want to get something tangible from you. Plus Chinese girls talk loud, act in a masculine way, and most have poor fashion sense. I will take Taiwanese girls any day :)