Kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
lastyle7
Freshman Poster

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Post by lastyle7 »

Okay it's a fact many Russian women are showing up in Thailand, they are in Pattaya (some working girls) Bangkok
& Phuket. Some are with boyfriends/girlfriends on vacation. Depending where you live, this could be cost effective and
you have a chance to meet Thais women as well.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Wonder if you could go meet girls in the FSU, then bring them to Thailand if you hit it off?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
lastyle7
Freshman Poster

Post by lastyle7 »

Jester wrote:Wonder if you could go meet girls in the FSU, then bring them to Thailand if you hit it off?
Anything's possible but not sure why you would want to take them to Thailand.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

lastyle7 wrote:
Jester wrote:Wonder if you could go meet girls in the FSU, then bring them to Thailand if you hit it off?
Anything's possible but not sure why you would want to take them to Thailand.
To GTFO out of gangster-run Ukraine, with crappy pickles-in-cream food, into an inexpensive spot to raise a family, a place with some nutritious food. SEA cost of living would suit a guy stuck earning a living online. Plus I know folks in Thailand. In Ukraine or Russia I would be starting from scratch as far as helpful contacts are concerned. Plus Ukraine taxes worldwide income (including internet) whereas there are loopholes in Thailand etc.

If moving to and living in Russia or Ukraine were easy, wouldn't we all be there?

Re Russian girls in Thailand... I was asking if they saw the place as attractive. For example, I have thought Latin American places like Punta del Este or Buenos Aires would "pass muster" if I wanted to export an educated Armenian or Ukrainian girl there. I DO want to leave the U.S. No-one I know has any doubt that I could rustle up a young Armenian virgin to live here. But I do not want to live here.

And I DON'T want to be intimidated by gangsters in a macho country where I can't buy guns or form my own gang. Guns with permits/connections in LA/Phils are cool with me, just as no-guns in peaceful East Asia are cool with me. No-guns among macho gangsters of FSU is not so appealing.

In my mind, the search for a place to live, work, and raise a family is one thing, the search for a bride is another. In some cases they might intersect. E.g. Armenians living in South America (Montevideo, B.A., Bogota, Rio, SP, etc.), or places where any woman in the civilized world would move to (Punta del Este, Barcelona, Southern California, maybe Cancun), or places that already have their own potential brides on hand (Davao). So my question is, I know Chiang Mai is a great place to live, the question is, is it someplace with enough "status" or "image" that Russian/FSU girls would see a man living there as "eligible"?

(I do know there are visa issues in Thailand, but undoubtedly easier to finesse than in Ukraine. Plus I was using Thailand an example. There are other places in SEA that have easier visas. So let's leave visas and residency aside for now.)

Maybe you just saw Russians in vacation in Thailand, like AW and Japanese/Korean girls going to Bali to get laid, or AW going to Cancun for Spring Break. In this case I guess the answer would be "No, not a good idea". If so that's fine.

As background, we have hordes of Russians that have moved to Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Most are married but I met one young Siberian beauty that came as a student. So obviously there are some places that these status-conscious and adventurous people WILL move to. That's really all I was asking about. If Thailand looks hard, if is an uphill struggle, nevermind.
lastyle7
Freshman Poster

Post by lastyle7 »

It seems Russians aren't going to be leaving Thailand anytime soon, so who knows maybe you could persuade someone from the Ukraine or Russia to relocate in SEA. I know in Cambodia it's very easy to obtain a yearly visa (around $500) and they are trying to lure foreigners. Strangers things have happened.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

lastyle7 wrote:It seems Russians aren't going to be leaving Thailand anytime soon, so who knows maybe you could persuade someone from the Ukraine or Russia to relocate in SEA. I know in Cambodia it's very easy to obtain a yearly visa (around $500) and they are trying to lure foreigners. Strangers things have happened.
You're right, Cambodia would be a sweet "gathering place", with that easy business visa.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jester wrote: To GTFO out of gangster-run Ukraine, with crappy pickles-in-cream food, into an inexpensive spot to raise a family, a place with some nutritious food. SEA cost of living would suit a guy stuck earning a living online. Plus I know folks in Thailand. In Ukraine or Russia I would be starting from scratch as far as helpful contacts are concerned. Plus Ukraine taxes worldwide income (including internet) whereas there are loopholes in Thailand etc.

If moving to and living in Russia or Ukraine were easy, wouldn't we all be there?

Re Russian girls in Thailand... I was asking if they saw the place as attractive. For example, I have thought Latin American places like Punta del Este or Buenos Aires would "pass muster" if I wanted to export an educated Armenian or Ukrainian girl there. I DO want to leave the U.S. No-one I know has any doubt that I could rustle up a young Armenian virgin to live here. But I do not want to live here.

And I DON'T want to be intimidated by gangsters in a macho country where I can't buy guns or form my own gang. Guns with permits/connections in LA/Phils are cool with me, just as no-guns in peaceful East Asia are cool with me. No-guns among macho gangsters of FSU is not so appealing.

In my mind, the search for a place to live, work, and raise a family is one thing, the search for a bride is another. In some cases they might intersect. E.g. Armenians living in South America (Montevideo, B.A., Bogota, Rio, SP, etc.), or places where any woman in the civilized world would move to (Punta del Este, Barcelona, Southern California, maybe Cancun), or places that already have their own potential brides on hand (Davao). So my question is, I know Chiang Mai is a great place to live, the question is, is it someplace with enough "status" or "image" that Russian/FSU girls would see a man living there as "eligible"?
I'd pick the country I thought best for my goals and best prospects for any future progeny.
Then the woman would be chosen from those who don't have a problem with that. Any. Effing. Problem.

Three reasons --
One: If you go by where the woman wants to live, you're gonna be out of sorts (contacts, your network, etc), if/when she flakes.

Two: They tend to want to follow "trends". The "hot, new place to live/retire/etc" changes often.
See: http://www.escapefromamerica.com/ [Hope E_I doesn't get on my case for posting that one :lol:]
Good info, but to follow it all, you'd be moving every three to five years. :wink:
Trend following costs money (more so, if kids are in the mix) and the work of settling in and rebuilding your contacts.
Women think men should be able to magically pull money (in limitless quantities) out of some mysterious orifice. :?
Don't let her get started.

Three: You'll be the one who has to "fix" things when foul-ups happen, even if she was the one who suggested the move(s).

I'd pick the spot. If she wants more "status", she can go be a pain in someone else's ear & wallet.
Status seekers aren't worth the trouble, IMO.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote: I'd pick the country I thought best for my goals and best prospects for any future progeny.
Then the woman would be chosen from those who don't have a problem with that. Any. Effing. Problem.

Three reasons --
One: If you go by where the woman wants to live, you're gonna be out of sorts (contacts, your network, etc), if/when she flakes.

Been there done that. Twice.
+1

Teal Lantern wrote: Two: They tend to want to follow "trends". The "hot, new place to live/retire/etc" changes often.
See: http://www.escapefromamerica.com/ [Hope E_I doesn't get on my case for posting that one :lol:]
Good info, but to follow it all, you'd be moving every three to five years. :wink:
Trend following costs money (more so, if kids are in the mix) and the work of settling in and rebuilding your contacts.
Women think men should be able to magically pull money (in limitless quantities) out of some mysterious orifice. :?
Don't let her get started.

Dont marry a princess.
+2

Teal Lantern wrote: Three: You'll be the one who has to "fix" things when foul-ups happen, even if she was the one who suggested the move(s).

I'd pick the spot. If she wants more "status", she can go be a pain in someone else's ear & wallet.
Status seekers aren't worth the trouble, IMO.
Make my own mistakes, don't need hers too.
+3
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Let's think about this" a Russian girl on a holiday for a few days in Thailand - what are the chances she wants to meet you unless you are a Brad Pitt look-a-like? Not high in my opinion.
Then both you and she moves to a 3rd country where you both have no job or friends - I doubt you'd find any girl willing to do this...
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

terminator wrote:Let's think about this" a Russian girl on a holiday for a few days in Thailand - what are the chances she wants to meet you unless you are a Brad Pitt look-a-like? Not high in my opinion.
Then both you and she moves to a 3rd country where you both have no job or friends - I doubt you'd find any girl willing to do this...
In the context of LTR, he gets settled first (work/contacts/residence <-- only his name on the lease).
Then he goes to Sochi or Poltava, etc. to meet her/them.

Selecting from those who want to be with you is far better than selecting from those who just want to be where you are (or worse, just want to get away from where she's at).

Sure you'll get much more female company saying "Who wants to come with me to Paris, for the weekend?", but you'll get better quality/compatibility saying "Who wants to hang out with me, this weekend?" You can then decide if she's worth taking to Paris, in the future. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Seen a few Eastern European women in China. My friend told me they worked in the fashion industry. I thought they looked more like hookers. Well that's the risk you take with FSU women!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Teal Lantern wrote:In the context of LTR, he gets settled first (work/contacts/residence <-- only his name on the lease).
Then he goes to Sochi or Poltava, etc. to meet her/them.

Selecting from those who want to be with you is far better than selecting from those who just want to be where you are (or worse, just want to get away from where she's at).
Yup. Pretty much why I want to pick the place first.

Getting a young girl interested in a U.S. green card for her and the tribe is too easy. Don't want to do that. No marriage in the U.S., no marriage on the books anywhere.

If Miss Sochi or Miss Kherson will join me in Latin America, that might weed out a few of the worst status-seekers. Depends where, of course.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Seen a few Eastern European women in China. My friend told me they worked in the fashion industry. I thought they looked more like hookers.
Probably models for print etc.