Update from Terrence: He's hit it off in Korea!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Update from Terrence: He's hit it off in Korea!

Post by Winston »

From his email:

"I'm not in Taiwan, but I'm in South Korea now celebrating the New Year same time. Remember I told you about my experiences with Korean girls in the PI, well one of them "kidnapped" me and brought me back to Korea and now I am staying with her family.

I am AMAZED out how much cleaner and more advanced this place is than the PI. And totally safe. It is better than Japan, and I LOVED Japan. I get a lot of great looks smiles and waves from girls just walking around time. Strangely, it's the younger girls. The ones my age or so don't pay any attention to me.

Also it is CHEAP just like the PI. some things are even cheaper. Especially food and rent. I Will report more when I get the chance.

T"

(I didn't know a black guy could do well in Korea, that's surprising given that all the other white foreigners who've been to Korea said it sucked for dating)
Last edited by Winston on January 28th, 2009, 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I often wondered what happened to Terrence, he was one of our first members! It's good to know he has had an easy time meeting women in a foreign country. It sounds like no matter what your skin color, if you go over seas, the dating situation is a LOT BETTER than it is here in the US. :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

is terrance a black guy?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:is terrance a black guy?
W: Yeah, that's what's surprising, since from most accounts I've heard, the Koreans treat non-white foreigners pretty bad. There is also a wonderful account from a black girl in Korea that I posted in the Trip Reports section.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's another update from Terrence, where he addresses the claims of Koreans being racist toward non-whites and treating them badly:

"I think stories like this tend to circulate on the internet when it was probably just one guys isolated experience. I've been to many schools and have never been treated bad. A korean family has taken me in like one of their own and I have only known the kids two months and just met the parents. They are helping me out with everything and are extremely nice. Another family, of a friend of this family, is always treating me to food and buying me presents. I've maybe paid for two whole meals since I've been here. They even bought me packs of cigarettes. My experience here has been amazing.

I just found out moments ago I got an interview for a job too. I can't complain yet. Things are absolutely awesome here.

T"

W: Actually, they are not rumors that circulate around from one isolated case. Many people I know who have been to Korea attest to their racism. Maybe Terrence is just lucky or he vibes there well?

Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Excellent! :D
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Korean people can be friendly but I like to know well exactly where terrance is in Korea. I mean is he in Seoul or Busan . It plays a factor where you are at.

The real question is that Korean people are friendly but can Terrance land a Korean girl or get Korean girl friends as easily.

remember that Korean people can be friendly but may not like the idea of dating non-Koreans . Esp. if he is black.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Korean people can be friendly but I like to know well exactly where terrance is in Korea. I mean is he in Seoul or Busan . It plays a factor where you are at.

The real question is that Korean people are friendly but can Terrance land a Korean girl or get Korean girl friends as easily.

remember that Korean people can be friendly but may not like the idea of dating non-Koreans . Esp. if he is black.
W: Yeah, he hooked up with a Korean girl and went to her country with her, remember? I don't know what city he is in, but in the trip reports section, I posted a letter from a black girl in Seoul, Korea too, who was treated amazingly well.

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

wow..for real he hooked up with a Korean girl !!! that's news to me. I have to visit Korea again (I'm Korean )to see how much it changed.

10 years ago inter-racial dating was taboo in korea. few years ago it was not as taboo but it was mostly Korean girls with white guys.

If I remember correctly Terrance is that heavy set black guy who used to do True Force Loneliness or was a former member. If he could land a Korean girl it's like big ..I mean major changes in Korea when it comes to racial relationship.

does he have picture of her?