Anyone else not care about the Superbowl like me?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

I also didn't care one bit about the super bowl or american football. I'm European so for me, I am into REAL football, the world's game, the beautiful game. And those sissies in the NFL would get destroyed playing Rugby among real men, with no protection and without 354 time outs and substitutions. In rugby, even if a player is bleeding and laying on the ground, the team's docs come to check him and administer him, even stitch him right there and then while play continues around them. NFL? a bunch of sissies! Rugby is where REAL tough men play!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

lastyle7
Freshman Poster

Post by lastyle7 »

Jacaré wrote:I also didn't care one bit about the super bowl or american football. I'm European so for me, I am into REAL football, the world's game, the beautiful game. And those sissies in the NFL would get destroyed playing Rugby among real men, with no protection and without 354 time outs and substitutions. In rugby, even if a player is bleeding and laying on the ground, the team's docs come to check him and administer him, even stitch him right there and then while play continues around them. NFL? a bunch of sissies! Rugby is where REAL tough men play!
I'm sure the NHL would knock out every Rugby player.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Jester wrote:
zacb wrote:Honestly, no. I may watch ... the Stanley Cup (since my hometown team might be in it), otherwise I could give a rip less.
Penguins, right?
;)
lol. Ever hear of the Wings :).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

I also don't give a shit about the game. I have more important things to do with my spare time to do than to watch football. It bores the hell out of me and I really can't see why people get so excited over it. All my friends watch it, literally every single one but me lol. I even know so many chics that watch it. To me, it's actually a turn off when a girl watches sports. Women wearing jerseys, drinking beer at a bar and screaming over a team...just turns me off, no matter how hot they are. I prefer watching things like MMA.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I don't watch regular season. But I watched the game last night. The 49ers were robbed of the Super Bowl.

The Ravens suck. Enough said.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

S_Parc wrote:
Jester wrote:
Repatriate wrote:In a lot of ways the NFL represents everything anglo. It's big, audacious, and it involves neanderthal ubermen mowing each other down. Plus the quarterback heroes in the NFL are nearly all stereotypically square jawed all american types. These are the aryan supermen that America worships and secretly wants everyone to be..even in other countries.

I think the Brits are the least receptive to it but the NFL managed to win Canada over so they know to push hard in other anglo markets.
I agree with what you state here but let's be fair -- half of those square-jawed Aryan supermen are Black.
Well, he's right about the quarterbacks. The ones highly regarded, like Manning or Montana, tended to be white, whereas black ones like McNabb, were more complimented on their athletic abilities as oppose to spot decision making.

But sure, in sports, winning trumps racial categorization except for the Boston Celtics of the 80s, which was the most beloved near all white American team.
Parish was the only Black guy on that team back then. Yeah man racist Beantown was proud of 80s Celtics with narcissism. LOL
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Xstopalopoketl
Freshman Poster

Post by Xstopalopoketl »

N/A
Last edited by Xstopalopoketl on February 5th, 2013, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I'm a nerd and all, but I like sport. Football's okay with me. I don't watch it regularly, but I did watch the Superbowl. The problem I have with football is that it's four quarters of 15 minutes each, but games last at least 3 hours. That's only a third of the time spent on actual gameplay. It's a bit disappointing. There might be a really exciting play that lasts a minute, but the they have to set up and they go to commercial and the next play only lasts like a second because someone got tackled almost immediately. Better than soccer I think, where there's almost no score most of the time.

I'll go to minor league baseball or college basketball games with my dad. Great times. I've also started getting into Formula 1 starting halfway through last season and I'm looking forward to watching it this season.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E_Irizarry wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, he's right about the quarterbacks. The ones highly regarded, like Manning or Montana, tended to be white, whereas black ones like McNabb, were more complimented on their athletic abilities as oppose to spot decision making.

But sure, in sports, winning trumps racial categorization except for the Boston Celtics of the 80s, which was the most beloved near all white American team.
Parish was the only Black guy on that team back then. Yeah man racist Beantown was proud of 80s Celtics with narcissism. LOL
Ah, don't forget Dennis Johnson.

But yeah, all the bigots piled onto the C's; it was actually kinda embarrassing, considering that they were good but not because Bird & McHale were white but because they moved the ball a lot.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

S_Parc wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
S_Parc wrote:Well, he's right about the quarterbacks. The ones highly regarded, like Manning or Montana, tended to be white, whereas black ones like McNabb, were more complimented on their athletic abilities as oppose to spot decision making.

Ah, don't forget Dennis Johnson.

But yeah, all the bigots piled onto the C's; it was actually kinda embarrassing, considering that they were good but not because Bird & McHale were white but because they moved the ball a lot.
Ooops-a-daisy. You're right. Sorry. I had forgotten about him. Italian-Americans from Howard Beach, Canarsie, and Bensonhurst used to beat up guys of ALL RACES fro Beantown whom came down to NYC (for the BoSox vs. Yanks @ Yankee Stadium) and walked around drunk calling Italians and Italian-Americans "guido" and got his a.ss pwned.

That NYC vs. Boston s.hit was so 70s and 80s though.

I had a Polish-Italian-descent middle-aged female boss in Chicago back in 2007 whom was from Beantown and when she found out I am from The Bronx, she was like, "Ooooo boy. Really? (in a monotone voice)".
Then she and I had bursted out laughing and things became amicable from thereon out. She actually was a cool-a.ss boss even though she's an AW.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E_Irizarry wrote:Ooops-a-daisy. You're right. Sorry. I had forgotten about him. Italian-Americans from Howard Beach, Canarsie, and Bensonhurst used to beat up guys of ALL RACES fro Beantown whom came down to NYC (for the BoSox vs. Yanks @ Yankee Stadium) and walked around drunk calling Italians and Italian-Americans "guido" and got his a.ss pwned.

Wasn't that in the movie, 'Summer of Sam', where those guys from Pelham Bronx clobbered the Red Sox fan on the lower east side?
E_Irizarry wrote:I had a Polish-Italian-descent middle-aged female boss in Chicago back in 2007 whom was from Beantown and when she found out I am from The Bronx, she was like, "Ooooo boy. Really? (in a monotone voice)".
Then she and I had bursted out laughing and things became amicable from thereon out. She actually was a cool-a.ss boss even though she's an AW.
BTW, no one in Boston ever calls it Beantown, just like no one in San Francisco calls it Frisco :wink:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

S_Parc wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:Ooops-a-daisy. You're right. Sorry. I had forgotten about him. Italian-Americans from Howard Beach, Canarsie, and Bensonhurst used to beat up guys of ALL RACES fro Beantown whom came down to NYC (for the BoSox vs. Yanks @ Yankee Stadium) and walked around drunk calling Italians and Italian-Americans "guido" and got his a.ss pwned.

Wasn't that in the movie, 'Summer of Sam', where those guys from Pelham Bronx clobbered the Red Sox fan on the lower east side?
E_Irizarry wrote:I had a Polish-Italian-descent middle-aged female boss in Chicago back in 2007 whom was from Beantown and when she found out I am from The Bronx, she was like, "Ooooo boy. Really? (in a monotone voice)".
BTW, no one in Boston ever calls it Beantown, just like no one in San Francisco calls it Frisco :wink:
...and in real life that people got pwned like that for talking recklessly about Italians and/or the Bronx Bombers. You are a true north-easterner; no wonder I like ya. LOL You watch east-coast-based movies. Just like "Can you make spaghetti with sauce?" in A Bronx Tale. LOL!!! The NE used to be so epic until the late 90s. :-/

I guess I would get my arse pwned too if I were to go to Boston and run around saying "Beantown is this that and the third." LOL

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E_Irizarry wrote:...and in real life that people got pwned like that for talking recklessly about Italians and/or the Bronx Bombers. You are a true north-easterner; no wonder I like ya. LOL You watch east-coast-based movies. Just like "Can you make spaghetti with sauce?" in A Bronx Tale. LOL!!! The NE used to be so epic until the late 90s. :-/
For one, there have been gun fights, nevermind getting simply punk-ed, between fair weather fans circa Yankee Stadium. I used to know someone who was a witness to one. He got out of there, as soon as the first shot was fired. And thus, it's not wise to go there, wearing Boston paraphernalia and talking smack about NY teams, even if it's Patrick Ewing bashing :wink: which is a national pastime.
E_Irizarry wrote:I guess I would get my arse pwned too if I were to go to Boston and run around saying "Beantown is this that and the third." LOL
Looks like there's some write up, on that moniker in the urban dictionary ...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=beantown

AB discussion thread

have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Did not watch NO Superbowl at all! I never watched American football in general. The game is awkward to me. Yes, everyone is watching it like crazy besides me. But it feels good not to care about useless game and does not bring any benefit into your life.
Besides, I just don't understand watching sports in general, unless you are learning and using it in your life. What is a pleasure behind seeing a few dudes scoring? It's not you scoring, not your friends, not your relatives, why do you care? Americans seem to be the biggest on watching sports. Other countries are ONLY big on watching International Games when they cheer for their national teams - I can somewhat justify that, but still watching those games are useless as well.