Most Civilized Country?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

deleted- redundant posting
Last edited by ladislav on November 19th, 2012, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Israel and Japan should be the farthest from your mind. Civilized? No way. The first believes in an outdated religion and is run by Judaic Ayatollahs- there is not even a civil marriage there. Japan is super duper nationalistic and hateful of foreigners except if they are very very rich and famous. Then an exception is made. Still they are provincial and very protective of their territory.

They do not consider white people inferior, but rather a nuisance and and unwelcome alien race. Except as guests. In Israel, you would not even be allowed to be buried in a Jewish cemetery.

I would say Singapore on all counts and the language is English and they are always looking for honorable immigrants to join them. Once a citizen, you are a Singaporean and no one can say otherwise. But you cannot become real Japanese or Jewish even if on paper you may be.

Argentina and Uruguay come to mind as cultured nations but not necessarily technologically civilized. Estonia/Latvia are pretty good, also.

But growing up a Singaporean would be a great thing for your kids. Plus they will not need visas to go to most countries as it is a 1st world country.

NZ is pretty civilized.

While them being civilized, you need to think about one thing, though- how is it you are going to immigrate there? What do you have to offer? What money what skills?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

deleted.
Last edited by ladislav on November 19th, 2012, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

You need to define civilised. If it's most advanced technologically I'd say Japan.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Since your kids are the focus I'll say Finland ... I don't know how old your little ones are but in the future' I have gut feeling Europe or Euroasian countires will be the best places to live in.

their lifestyle looks warm, simple & effortless

Last edited by Renata on January 28th, 2013, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I think that Spain is the best culture in Europe, and spanish speaking countries in general are good cultures too.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Renata wrote:Since your kids are the focus I'll say Finland ... I don't know how old your little ones are but in the future' I have gut feeling Europe or Euroasian countires will be the best places to live in.
I homeschool my kids, so the education part is fine. I use the Singapore curriculum with an attitude that is probably similar to Finland's. My kids don't get grades and only work 25 hours per week. They are definitely way ahead of American kids in education.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

fschmidt wrote:
Renata wrote:Since your kids are the focus I'll say Finland ... I don't know how old your little ones are but in the future' I have gut feeling Europe or Euroasian countires will be the best places to live in.
I homeschool my kids, so the education part is fine. I use the Singapore curriculum with an attitude that is probably similar to Finland's. My kids don't get grades and only work 25 hours per week. They are definitely way ahead of American kids in education.
Well this brings us back to your question' Most civilized country?

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

What about the FSU? Such as Belarus?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I once met an Italian graduate who chose to do a Masters in Helsinki. The course was free, paid for by the government, and he received free housing in a state of the art student dorm with broadband Internet (it's 15 years ago we're talking about), media room and large communal lounge. And they even paid him to learn Finnish!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

wow that's incredible ... was never interested in the place at all but it might be good to visit

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fschmidt wrote:
I agree with all the good things said about Finland... but bear in mind, Finland does not allow home schooling.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

Mangus the Red wrote:Switzerland perhaps?
not in a million years.... Swtizerland has a very undeserving reputation for being a great place.... I live in switzerland right now and to put it lightly.... switzerland is like Arkansas with a LOT OF MONEY!!!
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rayn wrote:Malaysia is a good place for either single Muslims or married non-Muslims.

As for acting in consideration for each other - sorry to be blunt, but if you are not one of us, that is not going to happen. Xenophobia is thriving in Malaysia. There is this whole 'them against us' mentality going on in Malaysia especially in the workplace and politics. Something about Chinese keeping the Indian and Malay employees down, and likewise in return.

Thanks for your candor.

Attractive women and great food are not the only things men need.

For me at least, I also need a place where I am welcomed to work and make a contribution.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:The most polite people overall would be Filipinos, they will politely lie to you and cheat you any chance they get.
Any second thoughts?