Does a man's sex drive really decline after 30ish?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Does a man's sex drive really decline after 30ish?

Post by fightforlove »

I've heard that males are at their biological/sexual peak at 18 and we remain quite horny until 25-30, then we start to noticeably slow down or lose desire. How accurate is this?

I only ask because I'm 31 now and I'd say the past 1.5 years of my life have been my most sexually hungry, and that's saying something. I recently ended a relationship and lately I've been masturbating like every single day, no joke. Are some of us on a different biological trajectory??

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Two hormones are responsible for your sex drive, human growth hormone and testosterone. Human growth hormone decreases at a rate of 50% every 7 years and by the the time your 40 you'll have have half the testosterone of when you were 25 yrs. Once you hit 40 yrs you should notice a decrease in your sex drive as most adult men become deficient in both these hormones around this time. Hormone deficiency is also the reason why most professional athletes cannot compete competitively beyond the age of 40 yrs.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

I found getting divorced from an English woman at the age of 33, did wonders to improve my sex drive!!
Last edited by RobinHood on February 9th, 2013, 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robin Hood.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Tantra is the solution. You can be dead and still stay horny.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

What they are not talking about is overall physical condition. Usually with 95% of men, their
overall condition deteriorates. I am past 50. I pretty much had to have a young wife to keep up
with me, and I did just that. She is mid-20s and fortunately she is a nympho. The big thing is overall condition.
At my age I can do 100 push-ups and 1,000 situps and hammer any street punk that makes stupid choices.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Does a man's sex drive really decline after 30ish?

Post by Teal Lantern »

fightforlove wrote:I've heard that males are at their biological/sexual peak at 18 and we remain quite horny until 25-30, then we start to noticeably slow down or lose desire. How accurate is this?

I only ask because I'm 31 now and I'd say the past 1.5 years of my life have been my most sexually hungry, and that's saying something. I recently ended a relationship and lately I've been masturbating like every single day, no joke. Are some of us on a different biological trajectory??

You are bombarded with such messages to make you insecure and buy umpteen products to show you've still "got" it, and can attract women.
What I lost in my 30s was mainly my tolerance for women's B.S. :)

You are about to enter your peak earning years and Main Street needs your money.
The best way to get it is to fool you into saddling yourself with a wife.

Fap all you want. You'll be fine.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Johnny1975 wrote:Tantra is the solution. You can be dead and still stay horny.
This is the correct answer. Tantra and qigong both have increased my sex drive massively.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I might have to look into it if I ever hit the age of becoming limp from that flacid acid.

I had gone to the Philippines when I was in my mid 30s and my sex drive went through the roof due to how much p.ussy was of avail..both free and pro.

It stays that way abroad.

Now since I'm back in the U.S. of Gay, my sex drive is fickle: up and down whenever.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

Sex drive is the same for me as it was in my teens and 20's. The over-the-top stuff like morning wood and wet dreams don't happen anymore is about the only difference.
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

True, there's no single straight answer. Sex drive depends on the overall physical and psychological condition, level of fitness and level of stress, availability of sexual stimuli and outlets, even food and weather (as I could experiment in Davao and Medellin :) ) Whatever the scientifical facts about age and hormone levels, a good erection can depend on all the above, and more.

I have personally seen my sex drive shoot through the roof during holidays in places graced by warm or hot weather, and the right kind of relaxing environment: top hotel with luxury bed and sheets, soft music, incense etc.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

OutWest wrote:What they are not talking about is overall physical condition. Usually with 95% of men, their
overall condition deteriorates. I am past 50. I pretty much had to have a young wife to keep up
with me, and I did just that. She is mid-20s and fortunately she is a nympho. The big thing is overall condition.
At my age I can do 100 push-ups and 1,000 situps and hammer any street punk that makes stupid choices.

Outwest
Nice, what do you do for a workout, and what is your diet like? That information would be helpful to us when other men get to that age.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I dunno about that 18 number, I am much more horny in my 20s than I was in my teens.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:I pretty much had to have a young wife to keep up with me, and I did just that. She is mid-20s and fortunately she is a nympho. The big thing is overall condition.
Happy to see you managed to avoid an hypergamous woman in favour of an hypersexual one. :)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

After entering my 30s, my interest in love/romance, started to wane :wink: but my level of horny-ness remained the same :lol:
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Guyver wrote:
OutWest wrote:What they are not talking about is overall physical condition. Usually with 95% of men, their

Outwest
Nice, what do you do for a workout, and what is your diet like? That information would be helpful to us when other men get to that age.
It is good for any age. A few of my wife's relatives and friends have gone on some hikes with me. They were in their 20's and teens...and trying to be funny about "the old guy" going on the hike. My wife just smiles...does not say much to them. After about 30 minutes of steep uphill climbing, most of them are starting to show fatigue as I set a fast pace. Then one by one I start piggy-backing the most tired while still keeping the pace. Carrying lunch with me, I will then take off with my wife headed for the top leaving her "Young'ins" to find us at the top waiting for them.

If you have a big belly, you are already off to a bad start. If you do not have hard stomach and ab muscles, you are not in shape.
if you cannot lift your own body-weight, you are not in good shape. I was not any kind of jock in school and I am still not any kind of jock. I was more like the professor who also happened to stay in good shape due to my work and company I kept. I am familiar with some martial arts, but I learned early that most of them are good workouts, but not too useful in taking care of yourself.
A tough experienced street fighter who is completely vicious and a reptilian sociopath will have the average "karate dojo dude" for lunch.
I am not speculating about this stuff. The only thing that stops the reptilian sociopath is primal fear instilled by meeting a demon from hell
who makes Hannibal Lecter look like a nice guy- a place you do not want to go. Once you have been that person it is very difficult to come back again. A peaceful life is one with the best rewards.

Swim 3 or 4 times weekly. Use a treadmill if it is too hot outside for fast walking. I do simple things using the wall, door jams, and the floor. 50 push-ups daily and 300 situps. Get the heart working and keep it that way for at least 30 minutes daily. This is not just good for your heart, but helps keep your circulatory system flexible. As you get older, work to maintain your range of motion. Lots of lovin is always good...

Food. Very little junk food, refined sugars and fat. Avoid pork and especially pork fat- Seems like it kills men off here left and right.
I use virgin coconut oil- it is one of the best oils. I eat very little red meat of any kind- fish and poultry are mainstays- especially fish that have natural oils. In a day, over half of your food by weight should be fresh fruit and vegetables. I eat so many mangoes and other high beta carotene foods like papaya, that my hands and feet will start to color up, so I back off a bit.

Alcohol? Mostly red wine- I like a good malbec. I will enjoy an ice cold beer sometimes- maybe once a week.

Be at peace with yourself, know who you are, and realize that life is short. Learn to love and give without reservation.
Learn to care for the poor as if they are your own, because in the end, they are. Know the poor and learn to love them. It's
it's a good plan for the long term. They will likely be your landlords in heaven. In this world, the poor have given me far more than
I could ever give them.

These are some of the things I consider in keeping myself in shape, body and soul.

Outwest