I need some advice!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I need some advice!

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

If anyone is learned in this country, then maybe you can help me.

I'm in my last year of school, and soon I should get my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice. The reason I say this is because I am looking to vacation, potentially in Mexico, for about between 2 and 4 weeks before I go for my Bachelor's degree. I'm posting this because I would like some information as to:

A) A general estimate of how much it would cost for a 2-4 week vacation in Mexico

B) Cities that would be a good place for me to visit

C) Cities/Provinces/Neighborhoods that I need to stay the f.uck away from, due to political/social instability and turmoil or anti-foreigner sentiment

D) How much of the local language I would need to know (I do know some Spanish)

E) Local customs and culture

F) What I will need, in terms of vaccinations (hoping that I won't need any)

G) What I will need to do to get some... action

H) Some general do's and don'ts

I) Which areas of Mexico are least Americanized

J) If it would be cheaper/safer to fly/catch a bus/catch a train to wherever in Mexico

K) If, as a black man, I should just stay the hell away from Mexico

Yes, I know, most of this stuff I can find out myself, but I am asking you gentlemen for assistance/information in that regard, and if you do not feel comfortable sharing the said information on the open forum, then feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks a lot!

Kameron

P.S. I am posting this here, even though, more or less, it's the exact same as a similar thread I posted regarding the Philippines. I am hoping that I can afford to go to the Philippines, but if not, Mexico will be a second choice.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Re: I need some advice!

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:If anyone is learned in this country, then maybe you can help me.

I'm in my last year of school, and soon I should get my Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice. The reason I say this is because I am looking to vacation, potentially in Mexico, for about between 2 and 4 weeks before I go for my Bachelor's degree. I'm posting this because I would like some information as to:

A) A general estimate of how much it would cost for a 2-4 week vacation in Mexico

B) Cities that would be a good place for me to visit

C) Cities/Provinces/Neighborhoods that I need to stay the f.uck away from, due to political/social instability and turmoil or anti-foreigner sentiment

D) How much of the local language I would need to know (I do know some Spanish)

E) Local customs and culture

F) What I will need, in terms of vaccinations (hoping that I won't need any)

G) What I will need to do to get some... action

H) Some general do's and don'ts

I) Which areas of Mexico are least Americanized

J) If it would be cheaper/safer to fly/catch a bus/catch a train to wherever in Mexico

K) If, as a black man, I should just stay the hell away from Mexico

Yes, I know, most of this stuff I can find out myself, but I am asking you gentlemen for assistance/information in that regard, and if you do not feel comfortable sharing the said information on the open forum, then feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks a lot!

Kameron

P.S. I am posting this here, even though, more or less, it's the exact same as a similar thread I posted regarding the Philippines. I am hoping that I can afford to go to the Philippines, but if not, Mexico will be a second choice.
A) Look for cheap hostels. I don't know how much they cost though, but there should be prices for hostels in Mexico on the net. I think with at least, 5 to 6K USD, you should be fine in Mexico for a good month. Mexico isn't that expensive, compared to other places. just don't go shopping for name brand things, like Nike Shoes because they cost way more in MX than in USA.
B) Guadalajara and Guanajuato. Maybe also Aguascalintes, depending the time of year though (google la feria de san marcos. It's famous throughout Mexico)
C)Stay away from Northern Mexico and in general, really bum parts of cities at night. everything else, just use common sense, and you will be safe, probably even safer than in the states.
D)If you can keep a basic conservation, you are all set.
E)That's more for you to decipher, and it varies greatly by region, or even province. (Example: People from Jalisco are extremely different to people from Mexico City, and even, the accent).
F)None. I was in Mexico a month ago, and no risk of disease, same as in USA. Mexico isn't like Africa or central America where a whole bunch of diseases run rampant. Only shitty part though was that I got the flu while I was in Mexico, but nothing bad, it's the flu season anyway.
G)Just be yourself, be nice, dress well, don't be too aggressive, and talk to people. Mexican women can be very nice to you, and are great women to talk to. Only thing though, you must know Spanish, but if you know Spanish, Mexican women are such treasures that you will love.
H)Don't whistle at the women, as you look like a lowly person, don't have your pants low like many young American men do, say thank you and those sorts of things (Mexicans are extremely sensitive to those types of things, and if you don't say thank you, excuse me, or your welcome, they tend to get grumpy), watch your type of vocabulary (Mexicans don't tolerate at all vulgar vocabulary, especially the good quality women), and when crossing streets, don't except cars to give you the right of way for pedestrians, it's every man for himself when driving or crossing through streets.
I)Central and Southern Mexico. Northern Mexicans are the most Americanized of all Mexicans for obvious reasons.
J)If you live in California, I would recommend crossing from Calexico into Mexicali, and catching a plane there, as prices for tickets from Mexicali to a lot of the major cities of Mexico are quite cheap, and you get to your destination in around 2 hours. If not, get a bus from the border, buses are good deals, and they are safe, however, the bus rides can be quite long, as Mexico is a big country. So, if you go on bus, bring something to keep you entertained for at least a day.
K)Look, Mexicans are very open and nice people. The only hostile "Mexicans" are really, the "Mexicans" from Southern California. Mexicans from Mexico are very nice, and are extremely different to Mexicans living in the states. And this is coming from a Mexican-American himself. Many "Mexicans" in the US get corrupted by American kultur and values, and makes them more hostile. And also, keep this in mind, Mexican women tend to be more the type of women who are wife material, not the quick girlfriend type of women that are more common among South American women. The reason for this is that Mexicans, by far, are the most conservative latin americans out there, thanks to strong Catholic and family values. Now, Mexicans have changed greatly over the years, like of the macho-men stereotype, that isn't common anymore with Mexican men. But still, Mexicans are quite conservative. However, Mexican women will still give you WAY MORE chances than AM will ever will, but you got to put the effort as well. You put the effort, and Mexican women will reward you very richly. I can tell you this from experience. Mexican women are extremely passionate, and way more fun to be with than AM will ever be.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236