The cost of love in North America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

The cost of love in North America

Post by Andrewww »

Here's something to think about for those of you who are sad because you don't have a girlfriend on Valentine's Day:

http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/what_is_t ... dium=email

Imagine to how many places you could travel with that kind of cash.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

There's also the man's intangible costs for not doing more than the prior year (paid on the 14th) or for not doing better than the snatch-slaves of the other ungrateful Cupcakes (paid on the 15th).

On the evening of the 15th, what was "wonderful" (or maybe just "nice", YMMV) on the 14th becomes "Why can't you be more like (HarpyFriend's) boyfriend? He .... "

Congrats to all the men who remained single, today.
Each of you has done your part to shove one more "Princess" a little closer to the edge of her pedestal. :evil:
And you saved your nerves and cash. :)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

Two of the worst words an American woman can say ... "Surprise me"
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

noog wrote:Two of the worst words an American woman can say ... "Surprise me"
I'll see your "Surprise me" and raise you an "I'm pregnant". :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

:lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 18th, 2019, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamer82
Freshman Poster

Post by dreamer82 »

This is the biggest reason I avoided marriage. What about the price of a new home or the cost of a baby? With family members packing up and moving, who's going to help raise the baby or drive me to the airport? My peers had kids and I really don't understand it. I remember a comedian saying men have two choices: 1. they can be married with a nagging bitch who is constantly in your face or, 2. they can eschew marriage and be a total lonely loser. I guess that choice leads guys to take the plunge, especially with encouragement from others. I'll be the loner, loser or not, and have some money.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Valentine's Day is a complete joke!

Today, a old male friend of mine wanted to grab some dinner. But then, he realized that everyone in the restaurant would think that we were a gay couple, so instead, we met up for lunch at a cafeteria. What a totally lame @ss society!

I just ate Valentine's Day dinner alone because tonight, I can't be seen with a guy pal at a dining establishment.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I wouldn't give a shit about what others thought. Why is your friend so afraid ?
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Andrewww wrote:I wouldn't give a shit about what others thought. Why is your friend so afraid ?
Believe me, in our society, men are afraid. On Valentine's Day, esp if they haven't been dating for a bit, get weary when they see Wall-to-Wall couples at every eating place out there.

Basically, it goes like this ... either you have a 'date', or you're a loser, or you're gay. Well, since he doesn't see himself as a *loser*, the next label is being gay, esp around an outgoing person like myself. (Yes, he knows about my Montreal escapades and why I'm not desperate in my hometown like others)

Thus, ppl like myself have to always maneuver around the Gaydar of society, as American heterosexual males are the biggest losers of them all, and constantly avoid any gay labeling. In America, a self-confident male without a woman by his side is de facto gay.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Ghost wrote:The cost of love in America? Well, thousands of dollars and your dignity.

And if you are married, then half to all of what you have.

But hey, no price is too high for "love" is it?
And in the worst case scenario...jail...if she demands more alimony than what you are able to earn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYb5xSd4PRs
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote:Believe me, in our society, men are afraid. On Valentine's Day, esp if they haven't been dating for a bit, get weary when they see Wall-to-Wall couples at every eating place out there.

Basically, it goes like this ... either you have a 'date', or you're a loser, or you're gay. Well, since he doesn't see himself as a *loser*, the next label is being gay, esp around an outgoing person like myself. (Yes, he knows about my Montreal escapades and why I'm not desperate in my hometown like others)

Thus, ppl like myself have to always maneuver around the Gaydar of society, as American heterosexual males are the biggest losers of them all, and constantly avoid any gay labeling. In America, a self-confident male without a woman by his side is de facto gay.
'Have to make it minimum of three or four guys, then call it "guys' night out" or something. :roll:
Irony is the chicks would probably be all over you and ignoring your friends. :razz:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

My Valentine's Day was the same as it is every year. Single, alone, and lonely. I know I am lucky that I haven't been in a relationship with some American slut but I do feel bad. It's almost like just having a friend to spend the day with would be better than no one. I don't care through. You're right when you say it costs money to have a girlfriend or a friend that is a girl. I would rather have my money and invest it in a relationship with a good girl abroad instead of wasting it on an American drama queen.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Yeah V's day is nothing than a pampering to the Vagina. It's a commercial day that profits only the businesses and the women at the expense of the men. Real lovers don't need a commercial and marketing scam of a day to celebrate their love. They do it every day, every moment. Not by what they buy them or how much they spend on them but by making them feel special, all the time!

And all sane guys should refuse to play and participate in this vapid, soulless materialistic ploy that is V day. Save your nerves, sanity, energy and money for a feminine, sweet, thin, traditional woman abroad!